Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Voxility vs Serverius vs Path vs Other
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Voxility vs Serverius vs Path vs Other

Hi Guys,
We want to get ASN based ddos protection. Which ddos protection services do you use? What are the advantages and disadvantages? I want to learn about your experiences.

It is also our preference to have game ddos protection.

Comments

• I am using Voxility.
    But usually Path > Voxility > Serverius.

Thanked by 3Kris tentor wiggy
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

I've heard good things about @SplitIce / X4B. Maybe another option.

Thanked by 1SplitIce
  • @jsg said:
    I've heard good things about @SplitIce / X4B. Maybe another option.

Not ASN level. It works for individual servers/services though.

Thanked by 1jsg
  • Right now Path.net can't really be beat.

The only other ASN that outdid them in peers and locations seems to have been focusing on low end transit lately and staying out of the limelight, which I'm not going to lie, they're doing good at.

Voxility was good in 2010 but when I contacted them their plans were hilariously overpriced for the offering.

Cloudflare Magic Transit is good if you have money to burn, but Path.net gives an amazing amount of peers, resulting in very good transit and routing around the world. NOC is always available and they were willing to work with a smaller downstream client.

• How about GSL?

• jonathanspwjonathanspw Member, Host Rep

Path.net is top if you want to do business with shady criminals...oh wait, this is LET. Carry on.

• Cosmicguard is nice, not giving money to criminals that way.

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2023

@jonathanspw said:
    Path.net is top if you want to do business with shady criminals...oh wait, this is LET. Carry on.

There are alot of big companies using path.net, and are not a part of LET, are you saying that everyone who is using path ddos protection are involved in criminal cases?

• tentortentor Member, Patron Provider

@AlbaHost said:
    are you saying that everyone who is using path ddos protection are involved in criminal cases?

Looks like they just try to soil path.net's reputation.

Thanked by 1AlbaHost
  • I had used Path and Voxility, Path latency was less in EU/Asia than Voxility. Never used Serverius though. Will give them a try.

Thanked by 1BatuCloud
  • Path its the only way for ddos protection , voxility its scrap , serverius its more scrap

Thanked by 1BatuCloud
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited September 2023

@AlbaHost said:

@jonathanspw said:

There are alot of big companies using path.net, and are not a part of LET, are you saying that everyone who is using path ddos protection are involved in criminal cases?

They are just trolling about the people that work/worked in path.net

Marshal - Founder: Serial swat caller and ddos kid.

cpke/chase - Was working for Royalehost and coding mitigation system, but decided to quit mid-project to show support to a person who got kicked from royalehosting due to massive spoofing (DDoS).

zigi was was deeply involved with XBOX/Playstation sniffing software OctoSniff which was used to get player IPs and mostly used by ddos kids.

And support agents in their discord were mostly people from doxbin and few stresser/booter discord communities.

You literally would not get hired unless you were somehow related to the console/vpn/ddos community.

• CosmicGuard is good.

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
  • I can vouch for Serverius being amazing, but for game hosting ddos I think cosmicguard is a good option.

• bethpbethp Member, Host Rep

Have used services from Path and Cosmicgaurd, both have great protection but I am not sure on pricing, Voxility is Voxility thats about all I can say.

• tentortentor Member, Patron Provider

@bethp said: both have great protection but I am not sure on pricing

From what I can see Path.net may handle much bigger attacks and has way better connectivity thus it may cost a bit more.

• bethpbethp Member, Host Rep

@tentor said:

@bethp said: both have great protection but I am not sure on pricing

From what I can see Path.net may handle much bigger attacks and has way better connectivity thus it may cost a bit more.

Oh I am not saying it will not handle more attacks, in that sense I have heard Path is better however from my experience on one of my servers I have had no attacks come through be it either Path or Cosmic but again cost being an issue then best to contact each and see what they can offer.

• G-Core is the best.

• neckbreakerneckbreaker Member
    edited September 2023

@stefeman said:

@AlbaHost said:

@jonathanspw said:

cpke/chase - Was working for Royalehost and coding mitigation system, but decided to quit mid-project to show support to a person who got kicked from royalehosting due to massive spoofing (DDoS).

zigi was was deeply involved with XBOX/Playstation sniffing software OctoSniff which was used to get player IPs and mostly used by ddos kids.

And support agents in their discord were mostly people from doxbin and few stresser/booter discord communities.

You literally would not get hired unless you were somehow related to the console/vpn/ddos community.

Do not forget about their CTO, Corey Shiratori (formerly Corey Ray Barnhill / August Heart) who changed his legal name 2 times to obfuscate what he was doing. He is a pedophile who for example looked at naked kids through breached cctv cameras(he even got interviewed by TV station, and of course doxed later on), forced another kid to watch brutal child rape videos on camera, and many more.

Path lied several times about their affiliations with him, from what I know he still works there to this day.

I'm not lying when I say, this person doesn't deserve to be alive.

Also our boy Marshall, aka Chippy1337, was also involved in BGP Hijacking(which they also did under Path later on), ddos attacks, extortion and many more :)
    They utilized tactics to DDoS people and offer them DDoS protection service later on(of course not disclosing they are responsible for DDoS).

All articles about "hacker mastermind Marshall Webb" and shit like that, are PAID FOR. They aren't real, he wrote them himself and paid agencies to publish it in several "news" sites.

Not to mention Path is in deep shit with their colo and transits because they don't pay their bills. Its a sinking ship lead by dumb criminals.

Thanked by 2AlbaHost MattBGP
  • HybulaHybula Member, Patron Provider

In order to "protect your ASN" you will need DDoS-protected transit. We can offer you transit in all major DCs in the Netherlands, or with colocation in our local facility. All your prefixes will be protected. We can filter using CosmicGuard or CDN77.

Thanked by 1kait
  • @Hypere said:
    CosmicGuard is good.

they dont offert completed ddos protect....

• @neckbreaker said:

@stefeman said:

@AlbaHost said:

@jonathanspw said:

Do not forget about their CTO, Corey Shiratori (formerly Corey Ray Barnhill / August Heart) who changed his legal name 2 times to obfuscate what he was doing. He is a pedophile who for example looked at naked kids through breached cctv cameras(he even got interviewed by TV station, and of course doxed later on), forced another kid to watch brutal child rape videos on camera, and many more.

Path lied several times about their affiliations with him, from what I know he still works there to this day.

Also our boy Marshall, aka Chippy1337, was also involved in BGP Hijacking(which they also did under Path later on), ddos attacks, extortion and many more :)
    They utilized tactics to DDoS people and offer them DDoS protection service later on(of course not disclosing they are responsible for DDoS).

All articles about "hacker mastermind Marshall Webb" and shit like that, are PAID FOR. They aren't real, he wrote them himself and paid agencies to publish it in several "news" sites.

Not to mention Path is in deep shit with their colo and transits because they don't pay their bills. Its a sinking ship lead by dumb criminals.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited September 2023

The above posted by @tinyweasel could be true, but also might not be true.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was true, but for fairness sake, he should have noted that such claims were made/posted after path had breakoff with kiwifarms hate speech forum under very bad terms.

So it could be bullshit which was posted due to revenge for terminating the service, or it could be something which they did not intend to post since they were in service contract at the time.

But its rather suspicious since it was immediately posted everywhere when path and kiwifarms "broke up".

Edit. Apparently just googling the name is enough.. I found enough evidence with 3 mins google search. Disgusting shit.

• interservermikeinterservermike Member, Patron Provider

We have been using path.net for a couple of years. Great service.

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • neckbreakerneckbreaker Member
    edited September 2023

@stefeman said: I wouldn't be surprised if it was true, but for fairness sake, he should have noted that such claims were made/posted after path had breakoff with kiwifarms hate speech forum under very bad terms.

KIWIFARMS BAD, THEY DONT LIKE LADY PENIS, BIGOT, RACIST...

@stefeman said: Edit. Apparently just googling the name is enough.. I found enough evidence with 3 mins google search. Disgusting shit.

Oh well... You keep forgetting there is something called evidence needed to start a thread on KF.
    They don't call someone a pedo, or a degenerate for no reason.

@stefeman said: The above posted by @tinyweasel could be true, but also might not be true.

Not me, keep guessing.

• @tentor said:

@AlbaHost said:
    are you saying that everyone who is using path ddos protection are involved in criminal cases?

Looks like they just try to soil path.net's reputation.

Ofc they try and they are trying all together that profited to much from this industry and now they are dying one by one everyday because Path killed them so hard , Path offers the real ddos protection and not bullshits like others.

• wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

I'm a big fan of Cosmic.

• @jonathanspw said:

Ay bro don't roast them like that.

• @neckbreaker said:

@stefeman said:

@AlbaHost said:

@jonathanspw said:

Indeed it would be a sinking ship when they have lawsuits with their own investors. https://archive.ph/i7j87

Thanked by 1fluffernutter