Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is hostmantis dead? Should I transfer out or wait?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is hostmantis dead? Should I transfer out or wait?

The website is still up, last twitter post was in January, ticket has gone unanswered and I just paid for quarterly renewal.

My websites with them are still running, but I'm afraid everything will go bust at any moment.

Comments

• hostmantis used to be good. About six months before they got bought out, they started to go downhill, and then I jumped ship. Glad that I did.

Thanked by 2baxic Ympker
  • I've downloaded all the files just in case.

• @baxic said:
    I've downloaded all the files just in case.

That's the best thing that you can do if your provider is not responding. You need to move on before your websites are down.

Thanked by 1baxic
  • RHCHostingRHCHosting Member, Host Rep

I'd backup all i can and jump ship. Fast ticket response is paramount. Was your ticket an urgent one or a request for info? Some hosts will prioritize tickets based on their urgency, though good practice if for all to be responded within a fairly reasonable time frame.

Thanked by 1baxic
  • EthernetServersEthernetServers Member, Patron Provider

@baxic said:
    ticket has gone unanswered

How long have you been waiting?

• main dns is down
    https://status.hostmantis.com/
    (543 minutes)

Thanked by 1baxic
  • @EthernetServers said:

@baxic said:
    ticket has gone unanswered

How long have you been waiting?

More than 3 days for the last one.

• @RHCHosting said:
    I'd backup all i can and jump ship. Fast ticket response is paramount. Was your ticket an urgent one or a request for info? Some hosts will prioritize tickets based on their urgency, though good practice if for all to be responded within a fairly reasonable time frame.

It's SMTP related since all emails to major providers (gmail/yahoo/hotmail are not being delivered which I believe is port related. The strange thing is I'm not even receiving the auto-reply for tickets.

• They used to have stellar performance and support in the past. Those days are long gone, especially after they got sold.

• @Ympker said: They used to have stellar performance and support in the past. Those days are long gone, especially after they got sold.

are you still with hostmantis?

• move from their service since their price really high (their reason because cpanel price)

• chargeback quickly

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • Host Man Tits

Thanked by 2kait kheng86
  • @JasonM said:

@Ympker said: They used to have stellar performance and support in the past. Those days are long gone, especially after they got sold.

are you still with hostmantis?

No, I cancelled about 1-2 years ago iirc. It was good while it lasted, though. Had some awesome resource limits and stellar performance.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

@cybertech said:
    chargeback quickly

Why? His service is up and running. He just don't receive reply on his ticket. I don't see a reason for chargeback as the service is delivered. Of course he must take backups and decide to migrate elsewhere but no reason for chargeback.

• jfreak53jfreak53 Member, Patron Provider

@NetDynamics24 said:

@cybertech said:
    chargeback quickly

Why? His service is up and running. He just don't receive reply on his ticket. I don't see a reason for chargeback as the service is delivered. Of course he must take backups and decide to migrate elsewhere but no reason for chargeback.

Chargebacks are what make running this business difficult financially for all providers. Everyone wants cheap VPS', but chargebacks kill the industry as a whole! Every single chargeback costs the provider between $15 to $50 depending on your credit card provider.

Your server is online, ethically you have the service, just it might not renew again and stay online. Ethically there is no viable reason for a chargeback since the service is functional still and online.

Thanked by 2NetDynamics24 0xC7
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@raindog308 / LEB title is misleading and wrong. That company (which bought HostMantis) is not french but rather canadian, more precisely a canadian region where they speak a language that vaguely (and I mean very loosely) resembles French.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@jsg said:

@raindog308 / LEB title is misleading and wrong. That company (which bought HostMantis) is not french but rather canadian, more precisely a canadian region where they speak a language that vaguely (and I mean very loosely) resembles French.

Well, French language...their entire web site is in French.

• @NetDynamics24 said:

@cybertech said:
    chargeback quickly

• I am with hostmantis (multiple services) and they are all working just fine. Since they got bought out, the support has gone downhill for sure but the service itself is good. Average response time for ticket is 24 hours minimum and the responses are vague, and it usually takes 2-3 times of back and forth messaging to get the right answer.

@baxic, maybe your IP is blocked because all their services are up and running from what I can see.

• I have completed the backup migration.

• Is there any recommendation which provider should I move my services?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@danninov said:
    Is there any recommendation which provider should I move my services?

We got some sexy new nodes on BuyShared depending on your needs :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1abangnoob
  • @cybertech said:

@NetDynamics24 said:

@cybertech said:
    chargeback quickly

That's a shithead move.
    What would you say if a provider deleted your account without warning "just in case" you are not going to pay the next invoice?

There should be a fee or something for doing chargebacks, triggerhappy snowflakes are totally killing this industry.

Thanked by 1NetDynamics24
  • @Francisco said:

@danninov said:
    Is there any recommendation which provider should I move my services?

We got some sexy new nodes on BuyShared depending on your needs :)

Francisco

Great, now add ~100 LUX boxes so that there’s stock for more than a minute a week

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited October 2023

@rcy026 said:

@cybertech said:

@NetDynamics24 said:

@cybertech said:
    chargeback quickly

That's a shithead move.
    What would you say if a provider deleted your account without warning "just in case" you are not going to pay the next invoice?

There should be a fee or something for doing chargebacks, triggerhappy snowflakes are totally killing this industry.

i agree its a shithead move, personally have not used it

YET!

• Looks like the their website and client area now cannot be accessed. My site still up tho. It's time to say bye.

• @danninov said:
    Looks like the their website and client area now cannot be accessed. My site still up tho. It's time to say bye.

That might be a separate issue. https://hostmantis.com and https://my.hostmantis.com/login , correct? (I'm not a client, but those are both accessible to me)