Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostMantis server down notice
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostMantis server down notice

I got this email from Hostmantis, tho I have no service with them anymore, and I do not know which server that's down. i thought posting here might reach someone that is affected and use their alternative server to reduce downtime

Dear valued customer, We deeply regret the prolonged offline status of your server, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. Regrettably, we cannot provide assurance that the server will be restored before tomorrow morning. However, we have a viable solution for you. We can restore your website from an offsite backup stored on a temporary server, specifically dated June 13th, 2023. Should you opt for this alternative, kindly update the IP address of your A record to the following: New IP: 173.239.40.244 Please inform us promptly if you wish to proceed with this option. Upon receiving your confirmation, we will initiate the necessary steps. Alternatively, you have the choice to wait until the power is reinstated. Rest assured, once the issue is resolved, your site will return to its normal state. We genuinely understand the inconvenience this situation has caused and extend our heartfelt gratitude for your understanding and patience. Thank you for your unwavering patience. Best regards, HostMantis.com

Comments

• 1allen1allen Member

Same here, got the same message, though I have no active service since their prices increase.

• i got message too, but i have no service since the prices not suitable for my budget

• No unsubscribe link. You get a spam filter rule!

• Is there anyone who has hostmantis service here ? Since they are not lowend provider anymore.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@yokowasis said:
    Is there anyone who has hostmantis service here ? Since they are not lowend provider anymore.

Hopefully not since their attitude on here was complete BS

They took the cPanel price hike and upped it like x30 leveraged options investing

And fully blamed cPanel for it all, saying they wouldn’t have to adjust their pricing to nothing like the cPanel adjustment had not cPanel adjusted theirs

I spend what to me is a lot of money (not to everyone of course) on hosting. HostMantis isn’t too expensive for me to use in my stack. But I won’t, and no one should

Had they simply said that they’re changing markets and lowend is not sustainable for them, I wouldn’t have said any of this and I would have made a rational decision on keeping my hosting with them or not

But the way they’re so amatuerly ran, I think most of their ”hosting-aware” clients quit

The only reason I could ever see anyone from here using them is if you’re too busy or lazy to have migrated yet

Thanked by 1Frameworks