Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SMTP Server Choices – What Works Best for You? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SMTP Server Choices – What Works Best for You?

2»

Comments

• mailgun
    Postmark

• I've been using MXRoute, unless the client will likely exceed their hourly SMTP limits. In that case, I typically go with Mailjet.

• @darkh0rse said:
    I've been using MXRoute, unless the client will likely exceed their hourly SMTP limits. In that case, I typically go with Mailjet.

I believe mailjet was purchased by mailgun a few years ago.

• baby.mail and smtp2go is also a good option.

• vsys_hostvsys_host Member, Patron Provider

@Uchiha

Exim, if you have IP with clean reputy

• +1 for MXRoute. My personal go-to and I recommend them to everyone I do work for.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Are you looking for a email smtp or for marketing email?
    For classic email i suggest gmail or office365
    for marketing email amazon ses

• @Don_Keedic said:
    +1 for MXRoute. My personal go-to and I recommend them to everyone I do work for.

Do you recommend them for hosting or just smtp? I have a mailcow setup with multiple domains but have some issues sending to hotmail/Microsoft, everything else works. All domains are just transactional, no marketing and I'd prefer to keep the emails self hosted but would be open to smtp relays like ses or mxroute if possible.

• Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited September 2023

@kameleon said:

@Don_Keedic said:
    +1 for MXRoute. My personal go-to and I recommend them to everyone I do work for.

Do you recommend them for hosting or just smtp? I have a mailcow setup with multiple domains but have some issues sending to hotmail/Microsoft, everything else works. All domains are just transactional, no marketing and I'd prefer to keep the emails self hosted but would be open to smtp relays like ses or mxroute if possible.

Both!

I actually just set up a very similar scenario. I hadn't actually set anything up like this (somehow?) but I sent over a message to @jar to verify that same scenario. He gave me the thumbs up, let me know what I needed to make sure was set and

Works like a charm.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @Don_Keedic said:

@kameleon said:

@Don_Keedic said:

Both!

I actually just set up a very similar scenario. I hadn't actually set anything up like this (somehow?) but I sent over a message to @jar to verify that same scenario. He gave me the thumbs up, let me know what I needed to make sure was set and

Works like a charm.

Good to know. This is the only thing holding me back from moving my last few domains from the grandfathered free Google apps. It was easy but in the end I am subject to their rules and don't actually control my own data. I will be getting this setup asap!

• @kameleon said:

Good deal!!!

PS. Just to give you some pre-help, in the welcome email (after you signup/pay of course) - instead of having the MX records set for you your root domain (@ or blank) - set up a the subdomain (e.g.: mailrelay.domain.com) and set the MX records and TXT record to mailrelay.domain.com and that part is set up. From there, all you need to do is add the email addresses in MXRoute's DirectAdmin and you should be set!