Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best way to buy IP for BYOIP.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best way to buy IP for BYOIP.

Hello

So at work were were using cloudflare business plan for few of our sites for about an year until cloudflare finally forces us to Onboard to enterprise plan . which is almost 20x for what we were paying already .

Now due to nature of our product , they want to get our own Ips. I don't have much information about buying or managing ip addresses . what i know is .

We only need 1 IP but we have to get at least 254 ips , /24.

So where i can Buy or Lease with the cheapest reliable option . and with the least paper work required .

Comments

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

You can get them from @IPXO , but make sure you don't get abuse complains, now since you will be using CloudFlare I don't think there will be any abuse involved .. Do have a look at https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/188702/issues-with-ipxo#latest before proceeding with them

• Yeh we don't do any email marketing or even Email at all.
    this will be pure simple web app with cloudflare proxy .
    For the long term use , should we lease or buy ?

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@karanchoo said:
    Yeh we don't do any email marketing or even Email at all.
    this will be pure simple web app with cloudflare proxy .
    For the long term use , should we lease or buy ?

Depends on what your saying as "Long term".
    Owning IPs are cheaper in the long run.
    But if want only for a few months or so then lease.

https://auctions.ipv4.global/ will give you an idea of IP prices.

• @DataIdeas-Josh said: https://auctions.ipv4.global/ will give you an idea of IP prices.

>

what sort of documentation is required for buying .

• bethpbethp Member, Host Rep

@karanchoo said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said: https://auctions.ipv4.global/ will give you an idea of IP prices.

>

what sort of documentation is required for buying .

Most places will want ID and if applicable they will want documentation of business registration etc, to buy IP's requires a lot more documentation but it does indeed work better in the long run plus you may only need a single IP but you could always find a use for the other 250 ips :D

• Isn't buying IP a sort of investment because their value is bound to increase in future?

• @alilet said:
    Isn't buying IP a sort of investment because their value is bound to increase in future?

unless the world suddenly moves to ipv6 and no one use ipv4

• @codelock said:

@alilet said:
    Isn't buying IP a sort of investment because their value is bound to increase in future?

unless the world suddenly moves to ipv6 and no one use ipv4

IPv6 is like Linux Desktop.....its day will never come or at least not soon.

• I would avoid ipxo.com. Try interlir.com instead.

• If you are using Cloudflare, why not just get an IPV6 block (cheap) and they will proxy to IPV4 for you.

• We are happy to provide you a /44 for free if this helps, to what zorker said.

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@karanchoo buying your own /24 will cost you somewhere around 8-10K one time fees + Transfer Fees + Brokerage fees and you also need to get membership with APNIC/ARIN/RIPE depending upon your region and also pay their annual membership fees

As @zorker suggested if you are using you may just get IPV6 directly from APNIC/ARIN/RIPE for minimal charges and use that since CloudFlare can proxy IPV4 for you, I'm not sure what kind of setup you have or if you need IPv4, but in most cases it can be achieved just with IPv6

And one affordable option is to get a /24 from @IPXO on lease and pay $100-$125 per month and get done with it

You will probably just need a photo ID and/or your business registration certificate depending upon which option you take

Thanked by 2IPXO greentea
  • So . Cloudflare don't want to expose their ips for our services . I have to BYOIP so they will expose my ips . I can't see how ipv6 will work when a client who connect from ipv4 will proxy through Cloudflare ipv6. then again they have to expose their ipv4.

We are paying more that the amount you quoted per month to CF so i Guess buying is better option specialty where we need it for at least 4-5 years.

The main issue i see is the registration process / Membership fee/ and the procedure with that .

On the other hand we are seriously considering x4b . due to sudden increase of cost at cloudflare end + the these ip related issues.

@HostEONS said: @karanchoo buying your own /24 will cost you somewhere around 8-10K one time fees + Transfer Fees + Brokerage fees and you also need to get membership with APNIC/ARIN/RIPE depending upon your region and also pay their annual membership fees