Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Issues with IPXO - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Issues with IPXO

13»

Comments

• IPXOIPXO Member, LIR

@PulsedMedia said:
    lol that's a joke.
    All you need to do as an attacker is to fake a few complaints, done deal. This is infact common practice by certain parties, it is their standard operating procedure to generate fake abuse complaints etc.

We've had this done to us, fake complaints, and there may have been a real one, but each complaint was multiplied by up to 1300 times at a quick glance.

Further, you just took content moderator stance with that, which means are you going to take responsibility for all customer's customer's customer data too? Do you have on site staff checking what kind of por...linux isos that customer's customer's customer has?

We apologize for the slight miscommunication from our end. To clarify, IPXO has a policy that allows for a tolerance threshold of up to two manually handled incidents per client each month. You can learn more here: https://www.ipxo.com/kb/abuse-prevention-and-reputation/abuse-incident-handling-marketplace/

We review each abuse case that requires manual handling, collaborating with our clients to find resolutions. Our primary objective is to maintain open communication and encourage client responsiveness, rather than to impose penalties. That's why we offer customized agreements to clients who are committed to resolving issues and staying engaged.

We are committed to guiding clients in assessing risks and minimizing incidents of abuse.

• IPXOIPXO Member, LIR

@AlbaHost said:

@SirFoxy said:
    You guys are looking at it from understandably the hosting provider and not the middleman perspective, though.

It is the middleman who is allowing ip block owners to list their ip blocks on their site, and as middleman has the rules whose ip blocks owners need to agree before they list their subnets, middleman should make clear and add one more rule to let block owners know that in hosting even non hosting industry the abuses are normal the key is to work and resolve/delist them!

These block owners that allow IPXO to rent them will be down their necks if they don't take abuse seriously and are proactive about it.

Sure thing, they should know that abuses happen even if they use for their own network, that's why most of us take action and suspend/terminate such customers. But you cannot predict what each customer is going to do with your services! Actually you don't know what is more stressfull, the customer who use your service only for fraud and on another side a fear that ipxo will suspend/terminate your account with i.e 19x/24 subnet just because of one /24 who was used for illegal activities.

Hi!

As an IP leasing platform, we encounter a diverse range of client cases. While we are proactive about abuse, we also prioritize open communication and evaluate each case on an individual basis. Clients who are responsive and committed to resolving issues don't need worry about termination. We reserve such extreme measures for clients who are deliberately abusive and either unwilling or unresponsive in addressing issues. Our focus is on fair resolution for all parties involved, rather than penalizing those who are open open about the issues they experience.

We appreciate your insights, and in light of this discussion, we are currently reviewing our policies to ensure they are both fair and clearly communicated to our clientele. Thank you!

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2023

@fluffernutter said:

@AlbaHost said:

Unrelated, but I'm curious why you're an Albanian hosting company but are reselling Mevspace, who's in Poland. Was there no one in Albania to use? It would have been cool to have another exotic location out there :(

Sure we can have in Albania if you are ready to pay a at least 15€/month for basic 1c 1g ram 1g shared port speed, as price per 1Mbps is almost 3-4€ here.

• balrammbalramm Member, Host Rep

IPXO relies entirely on Spamhaus. We had been IPXO clients for four years and one day, Spamhus listed all of our subnets as "Suspected Snowshoe." We provided all the evidence, and IPXO said they would terminate us because Spamhus wouldn't remove the listing.
    You may prefer them if you are okay with all your subnets getting terminated in one day.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@IPXO :), thank you for addressing our concerns and for taking in consideration the feedback we're providing you.
    The hosting market is a tough market, but it's a growing market.

Cheers!

• As someone who previously ran a VPS host, I was fortunate to have my own /24.

Honestly, someone should have a mortgage for owning your own IP blocks. Then it would be less necessary to lease unless you have very temporary needs.

Or have governments/Big Tech mandate IPv6-only within a few years.

IPXO always sucked. Sure, they were quick to get a subnet, but terrible support, which is why I switched to Free Range Cloud before ARIN gave me my own /24.

• @IPXO Why not have tiers?

I think that’s a great idea

And I’m giving it to you for free

Hosting companies that sell low-end serices opt for a high risk tier

Companies that use the IPs all thenselves opt for a low risk tier

Also have a medium risk tier

IP owners choose which tiers they’re interested in renting the IPs out to

Higher risk = more money to them

Leasers choose whatever risk they see fitting, the lower, the cheaper, but if they opt for a too cheap a tier, they risk fees that goes to the IP owners (at least partly) and also risk losing the block of if it continues

• My tier names:

Least risky:
    ”The Franny” - As BuyVM usually marks my home residential IP as fraud so I have to use another IP than my real IP for them to agree that the IP is mine

Medium risky:
    ”The Jarening” - MXRoute seems to kick spammers in no-time with just about no false positives, a good combination

Most risky:
    ”Blazingfast.io in 2017” - They just didn’t care, AT ALL

• My IPXO feedback:

• Setup on their end can take days but you pay from the first minute.
    • ROA for the leased prefixes can be allowed to accidentally expire or vanish even though you are mid billing cycle and in good standing. Prefix might start to die within hours if that happens but ticket response time can be a full business day. Kinda unnerving.
    • Not many prefixes available for custom lease duration (i.e. long term). Most can be rugged on 60 or 90? days notice.
  • kevindskevinds Member, LIR
    edited September 2023

@bethp said:
    I would also be interested to hear anyone else experience, as IPXO is one I am looking at using for IP's.

I pulled my block out of IPXO (had a /23 listed) earlier this year.. Has been steadily downhill since they split from Heficed..

The platform made it easy but every few months they make another change that makes it that much worse.. It is much harder to manage without their platform but I'm hoping the work is worth it.. Have one leased now, one more to go..

Looked at InterLIR but that was a disaster trying to get blocks listed.. Always 'just one more step', now trying to work with a couple of the non-marketplace outfits.

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

@spambait said:
    My IPXO feedback:

• Setup on their end can take days but you pay from the first minute.
    • ROA for the leased prefixes can be allowed to accidentally expire or vanish even though you are mid billing cycle and in good standing. Prefix might start to die within hours if that happens but ticket response time can be a full business day. Kinda unnerving.

Ditto.

~ SMARTHOST

• I created an account for my California registered corporation to lease /24, Verification was rejected and account was immediately terminated.

• Jack_SBEJack_SBE Member, Patron Provider

IPXO acts as a middleman for IP leasing. I know they lease some of their own space (APNIC ranges iirc) but for the most part they're leasing other peoples blocks which means they have to be particularly stringent on their rules.

We moved away from IPXO earlier last year, we didn't even manage to get a subnet into circulation with our clients before running into issues with them.

If you're a hosting provider they're pretty much out of the question - you risk one of your clients getting abuse report's and then all clients on that range are getting renumbered. Not great for reliability.

Also what is with the seemingly archaic assignment charges for things like having a subnet assigned to your ORG? This may of changed since but your checkout flow doesn't really mention this until after you're already £XXX in on a month, then you used to get slapped with a £50 "admin fee" for a process that was/should've been automated.

Ultimately though for many people there aren't much better options.. IPv4's is very much a sellers market in the leasing world right now, either get really lucky or cough up $30-38/per IP for your own /24...

Thanked by 2sillycat HostEONS
  • HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

This is the main problem, IPv4 is sellers market and providers don’t have much choice

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR

@Jack_SBE said: Also what is with the seemingly archaic assignment charges for things like having a subnet assigned to your ORG? This may of changed since but your checkout flow doesn't really mention this until after you're already £XXX in on a month, then you used to get slapped with a £50 "admin fee" for a process that was/should've been automated.

The owners of the IP block, the ones that actually had to do the work, received zero of that fee..

It was automated.. They automated sending the request to the IP owner to do it..

• IPXOIPXO Member, LIR

Hi all!

Considering your feedback regarding manual abuse incident handling processes at IPXO, we have reviewed our policies and decided to move forward with a significant update - starting November 1st, 2023, we are suspending the application of Manual Incident Handling Fee.

We continue to place immense trust in our automated processes for handling the majority of abuse reports, ensuring both efficiency and accuracy. For those cases that involve irregular or untemplated reports, our Customer Solutions team will remain at your service.

Staying proactive against potential abuse is paramount. Thus, we highly recommend acquainting yourself with best practices. For a deeper understanding of IPXO's abuse procedures and valuable guidance on mitigating IP address abuse, please explore:

Abuse Incident Handling Process at the IPXO Marketplace
    How To Mitigate IP Address Abuse
    Major Blocklist Databases Checked by IPXO
    The Do‘s and Don‘ts of IP Address Abuse Observability

Given the invaluable feedback this community has consistently provided, we would like to further hear your thoughts on IP address management challenges. We've started a new thread titled, 'Seeking Your Insights on IP Address Management' for this discussion.

Sincerely,
    IPXO Team

Thanked by 1RIYAD