Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DATAWAGON | NEW AMD Epyc Milan VPS | 8GB RAM @ $6 | RAID10 NVMe | FREE Windows Server | FREE Backups - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DATAWAGON | NEW AMD Epyc Milan VPS | 8GB RAM @ $6 | RAID10 NVMe | FREE Windows Server | FREE Backups

Comments

• DataWagonDataWagon Member, Patron Provider

@ManishPant said:
    Nice offer, how much for extra 80-100GB Space ?
    Also any ETA for LA ?
    Is this price recurring or first month only?

Price is recurring. Send in a ticket regarding storage and we can work something out!

• prem

• I purchased the DW-16G plan and it benchmarks very well. I wonder if you guys have late support to help us migrate to a place in LA where the latency might be lower for me.

• alt_alt_ Member
    edited September 2023

Nice offer! Had good experience with DataWagon dedis, and was looking for this offer for a long time.

@sayyiku said:
    I purchased the DW-16G plan and it benchmarks very well. I wonder if you guys have late support to help us migrate to a place in LA where the latency might be lower for me.

We have 24/7 staff monitoring tickets. Chicago is coming next, LA is probably a few months out, but we hope to add it soon.

• BruhGamer12BruhGamer12 Member
    edited September 2023

@DataWagon said:

@Emhyrno1 said:
    Any chance for lower Configurations like 4GB RAM and 2 Vcores?
    Thanks

For now we're not offering anything lower, possibly in the future though. We may offer a NAT only lower plan with no dedicated IPv4.

Nat/IPv6 only would be pretty nice for a low end VPS! Also Chicago is exciting!

• possible to make smaller plans? like 1-2 cores 2-4 gb for like 3$

• BEST VALUE HANDING DOWNS

• @luminoslty said:
    BEST VALUE HANDING DOWNS

Thank you Kim, very cool!

• Invoice #20836

Free backup

• Invoice #20771

Is anything extra?

• Note.
    They will flexibly adjust your RAM and will automatically drop to a very low value if you cannot use full RAM.

From ticket:

This is a byproduct of memory ballooning and totally normal. When you’re not using all of the RAM, the node will reclaim and use as cache. When you start to use more RAM, it will automatically expand. It will not effect performance.

• @sayyiku said:
    Note.
    They will flexibly adjust your RAM and will automatically drop to a very low value if you cannot use full RAM.

From ticket:

This is a byproduct of memory ballooning and totally normal. When you’re not using all of the RAM, the node will reclaim and use as cache. When you start to use more RAM, it will automatically expand. It will not effect performance.

I do noticed that as well, at first I'm thinking to raise a support ticket. Thanks for sharing

@sayyiku said:
    Note.

From ticket:

We do not manually adjust anything. The Linux ballooning driver will allocate RAM as needed. We guarantee you will always have the amount of RAM you pay for available to you.

• @DataWagon said:

@sayyiku said:
    Note.

From ticket:

We do not manually adjust anything. The Linux ballooning driver will allocate RAM as needed. We guarantee you will always have the amount of RAM you pay for available to you.

What happens in case of VPS that has Windows Server OS?

@dev_vps said:

@DataWagon said:

@sayyiku said:
    Note.

From ticket:

What happens in case of VPS that has Windows Server OS?

It behaves the same, but task manager will always show the total RAM on Windows (16GB will always show 16GB total).

Thanked by 1dev_vps
  • @DataWagon Can you share some information on the included firewall?

• Best deal, Can I install windows 10 ?

• @DataWagon said:

@JohnFilch123 said:
    Bought NY out of curiosity. Crypto payment is nightmare, please consider something else than Bitpay. Waiting for provisioning.

Can you let us know what issues you are having with BItPay? We do know it takes them a bit of time to confirm payments, and intend to switch from them eventually.

They are pretty slow, don't support many networks. Took me like an hour to organize payment (if not more) and than another hour to confirm it.

Besides that, pretty happy with the server so far :)

• Any Chicago availability?

• How many backup slots could we have? Could the backup frequency be adjusted?

@hiphiphip0 said:
    How many backup slots could we have? Could the backup frequency be adjusted?

Unlimited backups, every 72 hrs. Ee are working on a new system that lets customers set frequency, and make manual backups.

Thanked by 1hiphiphip0
  • On Windows VMs, it is very easy to uninstall the VirtIO balloon driver and in that case the hypervisor won't be able to reclaim unused memory from the guest.

• @ipguru said:
    @DataWagon Can you share some information on the included firewall?

Bump

@ipguru said:

@ipguru said:
    @DataWagon Can you share some information on the included firewall?

Bump

Firewall is our in-house DDoS mitigation system. We're working on adding configurable rules and attack logs for clients.

Thanked by 1ipguru
  • shizuosecshizuosec Member
    edited September 2023

why my ram ish 2,8GB

• sayyikusayyiku Member
    edited September 2023

I think your plan is too stupid.

It's hard not to wonder if your server is going crazy with overselling.

edited September 2023

@sayyiku said:

All you need to do is use more RAM, and more will be allocated. You are only using 1.2GB RAM, which is why you only have this much allocated by the balloon driver. The node you are on is already full, and no one has complained about performance. If you want to see the 'total' RAM all the time, you can simply unload the balloon driver and it will be normal.

Use the server however you intend and you'll see performance is exceptional in all aspects (which you can already see from all of the YABS that have been posted).

This is the first time we've launched this offering, and we've launched only on LET. The goal is to take feedback from customers and tweak the offering to provide the best experience for everyone.

• @DataWagon said:

@sayyiku said:

All you need to do is use more RAM, and more will be allocated. You are only using 1.2GB RAM, which is why you only have this much allocated by the balloon driver. The node you are on is already full, and no one has complained about performance. If you really want to see the 'total' RAM all the time, you can simply unload the balloon driver.

Use the server however you intend and you'll see performance is exceptional in all aspects (which you can already see from all of the YABS that have been posted).

Not really, you guys are severely compressing performance, I was able to use up to 4g-6g RAM before, and the CPU wouldn't even go to 100%. But now it's down to 2g RAM,CPU is consistently 100% and stability is terrible. My node-exporter can't even capture the data. docker app actually quits automatically.

This has nothing to do with your the balloon driver?

@sayyiku said:

@DataWagon said:

@sayyiku said:

All you need to do is use more RAM, and more will be allocated. You are only using 1.2GB RAM, which is why you only have this much allocated by the balloon driver. The node you are on is already full, and no one has complained about performance. If you really want to see the 'total' RAM all the time, you can simply unload the balloon driver.

Not really, you guys are severely compressing performance, I was able to use up to 4g-6g RAM before, and the CPU wouldn't even go to 100%. But now it's down to 2g RAM,CPU is consistently 100% and stability is terrible. My node-exporter can't even capture the data. docker app actually quits automatically.

This has nothing to do with your the balloon driver?

The CPU usage shouldn't have anything to do with balloon driver. Send a ticket and we will look into your issue, however you are also free to simply unload the balloon driver.