Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Host-C September Sale - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Host-C September Sale

Comments

• host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider

Guys, We have nothing against the community asking for lower prices, but the math has to add up.

edited September 2023

@kuticon said:

@host_c said:

@kuticon said: the price is not very low-end.

You should post yearly plans with more suitable discounts.

Again, yearly plans are not an option for us yet, wrote above.

Also, we do not host servers in baseman, or use low-end switches, or use shitty hardware.

Data-center costs are high, premium grade hardware is not cheap, nor drives, memory and so on. I relay think we should look around, the cost of living is high today, so are expenses. if we providers cannot make a profit, we all end up like "COCIU" or others.

So again, for a service that is hosted in Data-center conditions, you cannot pay 4 bucks / mo. There are other providers here on LET that do that, go with them, it is a free market, you have a bunch of options.

Saying that this service or product is expensive, well, that is not objective if it is not compared to something else, and that something else has to have same specs. What is the metric?

Saying that the price is not very low-end, by what standard? 2018 when electricity was 2-3 times less? and 12 TB drives were 20% less?

We do try to make the best possible price for LET users, as we wish to have satisfied customers.

I mean you should have more low-end price/config.

1 CPU, 512MB RAM, 10GB SSD, 1Gbps network.

or

1 CPU, 512MB RAM, 2TB HDD, 1Gbps network.

Something like that. More options for people to choose.

This is LET by the way. Your price/config is not low enough compared to other providers from Romania here. That's what people see.

Also, i highly doubt having less memory in a server that a low-end smart watch will benefit you, at 0.5Gig/VPS you will hardly reach 50 Mbps.

That config type is something we let other experiment with, because it works so well for them, and their clients.

And for that to use what? HP G6 and dell gen 11? I will not put a power cord in anything less then a Xeon V4 ( HP Gen 9 up and dell gen 13 up )

Our newer services will be launched on Xeon Gold next month.

• @yoursunny said: I believe the provider wants you to submit the offer by selecting "bank transfer" but without paying, so that she can fix the issue.

Interesting innovation.

• @host_c said: at 0.5Gig/VPS you will hardly reach 50 Mbps.

what do you mean?

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @host_c said:

@kuticon said:

@host_c said:

@kuticon said: the price is not very low-end.

You should post yearly plans with more suitable discounts.

Again, yearly plans are not an option for us yet, wrote above.

Also, we do not host servers in baseman, or use low-end switches, or use shitty hardware.

Data-center costs are high, premium grade hardware is not cheap, nor drives, memory and so on. I relay think we should look around, the cost of living is high today, so are expenses. if we providers cannot make a profit, we all end up like "COCIU" or others.

So again, for a service that is hosted in Data-center conditions, you cannot pay 4 bucks / mo. There are other providers here on LET that do that, go with them, it is a free market, you have a bunch of options.

Saying that this service or product is expensive, well, that is not objective if it is not compared to something else, and that something else has to have same specs. What is the metric?

Saying that the price is not very low-end, by what standard? 2018 when electricity was 2-3 times less? and 12 TB drives were 20% less?

We do try to make the best possible price for LET users, as we wish to have satisfied customers.

I mean you should have more low-end price/config.

1 CPU, 512MB RAM, 10GB SSD, 1Gbps network.

or

1 CPU, 512MB RAM, 2TB HDD, 1Gbps network.

Something like that. More options for people to choose.

Also, i highly doubt having less memory in a server that a low-end smart watch will benefit you, at 0.5Gig/VPS you will hardly reach 50 Mbps.

Certainly it is possible with 512MB VPS

• @host_c said:
    So being in Romania, means we have lower costs of expenses? oh boy. Do not bet your money on that. :smile:

Also, Lower end configs will be available to LET, not on IPV4, on IPV6. At ~20.000 USD for a /24 at an auction, beat my math if i can sell at 5 USD / VPS / MO.

Welp

You are absolutely right.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited September 2023

@host_c said: but the math has to add up.

We are here for deals, not math!

aka it's your job to make things work on your end, we want the cheapest cheapest cheap shit ever, at least some of us cc: yoursunny

Thanked by 1yoursunny

@marian said: what do you mean?

I will rather not go into the detail of this Marian.

Thanked by 1Calin

@JabJab said: We are here for deals, not math!

Dap, I figured that one out.

You would be surprised how few of you are here for cheap shit, and how many actually do prefer higher quality.

@JabJab said: aka it's your job to make things work on your end, we want the cheapest cheapest cheap shit ever, at least some of us cc: yoursunny

I saw a post the other day on net, it was a quote of a car body shop, it was in Hungarian, here is the translation:

'There is no cheap way, and for free it is not possible.'

Now, most of the LET users found out this at some point the hard way.

We do not consider LET to be a garbage can, selling crappy deals without any hardware redundancy or 0 protection, few want this. Most just want a good deal.

We will not support basement or home made setups, nor we will use desktop components like cpu and memory.

For us this is a business that we want to make our living, not a hit-and-run job.

But I think we got really off-topic here. So if you want a more in-depth on this, open a thread and we can debate "how cheap can cheap be until I better host it my self at home on a HP mini G8/10"

edited September 2023

Or Dell T20 or whatever of supermicro is your flavor :smile:

Either-way, promo goes on for all week.

• typicalGtaTGtypicalGtaTG Member, Host Rep

@host_c said:

@JabJab said: We are here for deals, not math!

Dap, I figured that one out.

You would be surprised how few of you are here for cheap shit, and how many actually do prefer higher quality.

I can get high freq. high memory VPS from Advin too at very reasonable prices. I don't think taking jabs at other providers here is a good show. If you can't at least come near the range of the providers here (many who do host in proper DCs & even maintain their own Network) then maybe this isn't the market for you.

or you should consider the criticisms you're getting and try to improve your offerings in future.

Just my 2 cents :)

Thanked by 1fluffernutter

so your 2 cents are the we are not hosting in DC, and not maintain our network?

Again, I fail to grasp the comparation.

Advin sells at 8 USD
    16 GB ram ( hmm no 512 mb ram on that website ) 2 vCores, 60GB SATA/NVME and 4 TB bandwith. And this is on a Desktop CPU

https://clients.advinservers.com/store/dallas-kvm-ryzen-vps

we sell VPS Storage 1 TB, at 8.4 USD with promo, and no bandwidth limit. what is high in the price?

edited September 2023

@typicalGtaTG said: If you can't at least come near the range of the providers here (many who do host in proper DCs & even maintain their own Network) then maybe this isn't the market for you.

Please give me a link at 1TB and 2TB offers that are at least 20-30% cheaper than ours, so I can make something out of this statement. Otherwise, it is just a "I know better" statement.

just my 1 cent on this :smile:

@host_c said:

@typicalGtaTG said: If you can't at least come near the range of the providers here (many who do host in proper DCs & even maintain their own Network) then maybe this isn't the market for you.

Please give me a link at 1TB and 2TB offers that are at least 20-30% cheaper than ours, so I can make something out of this statement. Otherwise, it is just a "I know better" statement.

You might wanna look at https://my.hostbrr.com/order/main/packages/storage/?group_id=21 or If BW and storage was my concern, I could simply get a dedicated server from OVH/OneProvider for cheaper.

edited September 2023

@typicalGtaTG said:

@host_c said:

You might wanna look at https://my.hostbrr.com/order/main/packages/storage/?group_id=21 or If BW and storage was my concern, I could simply get a dedicated server from OVH/OneProvider for cheaper.

OK, first it is NAT-ed ( 20 PORTS ) so you do not have a full ip and all ports. Second, 5TB Bandwith Limit, we do not have that.

This is very good for the provider, as he can use 1 ipv4 IP to ~3000+ VPS.

I can take criticism, as long as it has some meaning, but we are not comparing apples to apples here, our offer has something that those do not. It is simple as that.

The market is full of offers, some do things different, offer something else. Offering the same thing as others, has no originality, it is just copy-paste.

"If there is no struggle there is no progress"

@host_c said:

@typicalGtaTG said:

@host_c said:

OK, first it is NAT-ed ( 20 PORTS ) so you do not have a full ip and all ports. Second, 5TB Bandwith Limit, we do not have that.

I can take criticism, as long as it has some meaning, but we are not comparing apples to apples here, our offer has something that those do not. It is simple as that. Hence the price.

I failed to see what you have that is practical & useful for an avg. joe in your offers that you can reason for the price hike. I am not saying in any way, That you're not allowed or that you shouldn't create unconventional plans. Frankly, I usually only lurk here but I'm simply point out the potential issues with your offer. It is 100% up to you for what you want to do with my criticism and how you wanna plan out your offers.

I cannot put monster truck tires on a tesla then sell it. It simply isn't useful to my customer, My market would be limited to very few people who can afford the niche to keep it as a collectable or take it out for a spin just for show. (I hope you understand my analogy here.)

Thanked by 1host_c
  • dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited September 2023

@host_c said:

Advin sells at 8 USD
    16 GB ram ( hmm no 512 mb ram on that website ) 2 vCores, 60GB SATA/NVME and 4 TB bandwith. And this is on a Desktop CPU

we sell VPS Storage 1 TB, at 8.4 USD with promo, and no bandwidth limit. what is high in the price?

Since you mentioned @Advin Servers, I would like to share my experience

1 vCore Ryzen
    4 GB memory
    20 GB NVMe
    1 gig port
    333 TB Bandwidth

Rock solid performance

Price is $2 per month

ps - 333 TB bandwidth is not a typo

• zGatozGato Member
    edited September 2023

@dev_vps said:

@host_c said:

Advin sells at 8 USD

1 vCore Ryzen
    4 GB memory
    20 GB NVMe
    1 gig port
    333 TB Bandwidth

Rock solid performance

Price is $2 per month

Be totally honest, does Advin let you use 333TB a month and not get banned/port throttled? Have you used those 333TB?

In that way, I also have a super cheap provider that based on their Virtualizor, I can use multiple PBs of data monthly ;)

I really doubt it, and lying to criticize a provider for their prices is just sad.

@typicalGtaTG said:

@host_c said:

@typicalGtaTG said:

@host_c said:

I can take criticism, as long as it has some meaning, but we are not comparing apples to apples here, our offer has something that those do not. It is simple as that. Hence the price.

I failed to see what you have that is practical & useful for an avg. joe in your offers that you can reason for the price hike. I am not saying in any way, That you're not allowed or that you shouldn't create unconventional plans. Frankly, I usually only lurk here but I'm simply point out the potential issues with your offer. It is 100% up to you for what you want to do with my criticism and how you wanna plan out your offers.

I cannot put monster truck tires on a tesla then sell it. It simply isn't useful to my customer, My market would be limited to very few people who can afford the niche to keep it as a collectable or take it out for a spin just for show. (I hope you understand my analogy here.)

Now this is something alse, this time you specified that you would not do things our way, as compared to your customers has no sense, and you do not like it/fail tu understand the plan behind it ( if any :smile: )

This is what you should have said in the first place.

Again this is an offer thread, not a debate on what should be done. Every provider here chose he/she/it own business decision. It is up to the customer to chose what we/she/it wants.

Thanked by 1RapToN

@typicalGtaTG said: (I hope you understand my analogy here.)

I think I did, THX!

• @zGato said:

@dev_vps said:

@host_c said:

Advin sells at 8 USD

1 vCore Ryzen
    4 GB memory
    20 GB NVMe
    1 gig port
    333 TB Bandwidth

Rock solid performance

Price is $2 per month

Be totally honest, does Advin let you use 333TB a month and not get banned/port throttled? Have you used those 333TB?

I really doubt it, and lying to criticize a provider for their prices is just sad.

Well, to be honest, I don’t know as I don’t need that much bandwidth. But I am pretty certain I can use 33 TB (10% of allocated) if need arises.

I just shared the details of my VPS with Advin Server. I leave the analysis and judgement to the reader.

• zGatozGato Member
    edited September 2023

@dev_vps said:

Your price is not anything special, can easily push 50-100TB for 1-2$/month on a few VPSs

And Advin won't give you 1Gbit/s dedicated for you for $2 / month ;)

• @zGato said:

@dev_vps said:

Your price is not anything special, can easily push 50-100TB for 1-2$/month on a few VPSs

where did exactly I said dedicated port in my post
    All VPS has shared data port, in my knowledge

• zGatozGato Member
    edited September 2023

@dev_vps said:

@zGato said:

@dev_vps said:

333TB/month is 1Gbit/s constant usage of the whole gig. So if Advin advertises that you can really push 333TB, you have basically 1Gbit/s dedicated, unless he's lying and you can't push that much.

Also, https://clients.advinservers.com/knowledgebase/15/Eygelshoven-Bandwidth-Information.html (10TB)

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited September 2023

@zGato said:

@dev_vps said:

@zGato said:

@dev_vps said:

333TB/month is 1Gbit/s constant usage of the whole gig. So if Advin advertises that you can really push 333TB, you have basically 1Gbit/s dedicated, unless he's lying and you can't push that much.

Also, https://clients.advinservers.com/knowledgebase/15/Eygelshoven-Bandwidth-Information.html (10TB)

That is just a way to say unmetered bandwidth in my opinion. No one should assume dedicated port for VPS.

And, as mentioned before, to me it is as good as 10 TB bandwidth as I really don’t need that much bandwidth.

What i need is solid performing VPS and excellent support. And I am pretty happy on these two important parameters to me.

• So can i push 300tb monthly @host_c ?

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited September 2023

@host_c said: so your 2 cents are the we are not hosting in DC, and not maintain our network?

image-2023-09-11-195119724

• @host_c said:
    So being in Romania, means we have lower costs of expenses? oh boy. Do not bet your money on that. :smile:

Also, Lower end configs will be available to LET, not on IPV4, on IPV6. At ~20.000 USD for a /24 at an auction, beat my math if i can sell at 5 USD / VPS / MO.

Biggest mistake you can do is buying a /24 IPv4, instead of yearly billed, because you can save money if you deadpool early, or the IPs getting blacklisted.

@jenkki said:

@host_c said: so your 2 cents are the we are not hosting in DC, and not maintain our network?

image-2023-09-11-195119724

no-comment :smiley: