Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedipath Refugee Compilation + Megathread - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedipath Refugee Compilation + Megathread

12345679»

Comments

• How's everyone else's experience been anywho with retrieving equipment from Evocative? They basically ghosted me since the 13th and have stopped replying to emails.... I'm assuming it's just because I dont have a ton of equipment but...

Thanked by 1DeadlyChemist
  • @james50a said:
    How's everyone else's experience been anywho with retrieving equipment from Evocative? They basically ghosted me since the 13th and have stopped replying to emails.... I'm assuming it's just because I dont have a ton of equipment but...

call police and say they misappropriated one of your items

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

@james50a said:
    How's everyone else's experience been anywho with retrieving equipment from Evocative? They basically ghosted me since the 13th and have stopped replying to emails.... I'm assuming it's just because I dont have a ton of equipment but...

It has been difficult, but they happily helped, the best thing to do is to contact a company that has installation there in evocative, so they can help you faster.

• @c1vhosting said:

@james50a said:

call police and say they misappropriated one of your items

Might have to :/ kinda wanted to avoid having to get into the legal mess... Already enough stress as is

• Quick update my attempt at getting law enforcement involved was a bust. USA cops say it's my local stations problem and Canadian don't want to touch it saying it's a civil matter. Basically gotta sue and at that cost I probably loose the value of the hardware anyways....

Thanked by 1c1vhosting
  • @james50a said:
    Quick update my attempt at getting law enforcement involved was a bust. USA cops say it's my local stations problem and Canadian don't want to touch it saying it's a civil matter. Basically gotta sue and at that cost I probably loose the value of the hardware anyways....

Sue the company that is stealing your HW
    It's long, but you'll get back everything with interests.

A data center should never take possession of things that are not its own, it is also morally incorrect.

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2023

@james50a said:
    Quick update my attempt at getting law enforcement involved was a bust. USA cops say it's my local stations problem and Canadian don't want to touch it saying it's a civil matter. Basically gotta sue and at that cost I probably loose the value of the hardware anyways....

Most datacenters are releasing hardware. Find a way to talk to Evocative. It's a long process but they will get it released eventually, I know quite a few hosting providers that were able to get their hardware out within 1-2 weeks (including us) without any law enforcement involvement. Generally they'll have you sign a contract of some sort stating that it is your hardware, and you have to arrange pickup.

Pester them a little bit and reach out to a few of their contacts, find whatever contact you can, whether that be by phone, email, etc. Pretending to be interested in their services can also help capture some of their attention. We only had a little bit of hardware and we got out pretty safe, our hardware is in a new DC (still with Evocative) but they were also willing to get it to us without colocating with them if we arranged pickup ourselves. I know people with 1U colocation who got out, so the size of colocation probably doesn't matter all that much.

• fiberstatefiberstate Member, Patron Provider

If you need to get in touch with Evocative (they've been responsive) try the email: [email protected], we picked up quite a few customer colo servers last month for transport to our data center and no problem communicating and setting up an appointment for pickup. We've heard different stories from Flexential.

• HostMayoHostMayo Member, Host Rep

@fiberstate yes and we were among the ones who got lucky and were able to move the servers within a span of a few weeks. Only one server was lost as Evocative said they are unable to trace it & besides that, all went smoothly on emails.

Thanked by 1fiberstate
  • AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

As a side note, we offer colocation in both Los Angeles & Nuremberg. Feel free to contact us on our website if you are interested.

https://clients.advinservers.com

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • Thanks @c1vhosting for the refugee plan they offered.
    I can't say the same for the others that I contacted in order to load the backup for my 2nd dedipath server

Thanked by 2c1vhosting Ganonk
  • @SirNeo said:
    Thanks @c1vhosting for the refugee plan they offered.
    I can't say the same for the others that I contacted in order to load the backup for my 2nd dedipath server

You are very welcome.
    Waiting for you for any additional need :)

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • virtonovirtono Member, Patron Provider

Apologies for the delayed response to this thread—I've only just noticed it. 🤦

For anyone in search of VPS options, we've got an excellent promotion running, which you can find detailed in this thread:
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/189647/spooktacular-halloween-deals-at-virtono-dont-ghost-these-savings#latest

If you need colocation services, we're ready to assist you across all 29 locations where we operate. Please don't hesitate to reach out.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@a2313153 Warning issued.

This discussion has been closed.