Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sell VPS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Sell VPS

2»

Comments

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited August 2023

Hi, I don't have much experience in server administration. Are there any reseller providers to sell VPS with WHMCS? How is it sold?

How is this even a question?

We have no issues answering to you if the question is specific enough.

I'm gonna assume you wanted to ask for "white label VPS reselling".

There are no such providers in LET except @Cloudcone that I'm aware, most of them are trash tier providers like HostGator and NameCheap. They however will provide all the tools for you. But its not generally WHMCS based.

If you want to do everything yourself, you will need 3 things.

1. Website to list the plans and to have relevant images, info, advertisements. This is usually some kind of webserver configuration (LAMP/LEMP) with WordPress + some hosting provider theme on it.

2. You will need some kind of billing panel. There are multiple ones, but the easiest is likely WHMCS. Then you use plugin to setup and connect automatic deployment with the hypervisor of your choice.

3. Hypervisor as the OS for the dedicated server you will be reselling in parts. Typically Proxmox/SolusVM/Virtualizor/something else

Then you combine these all together, and start advertising.

Now the real issue comes when you have to handle the abuse, tune performance, test and apply updates, manage IP reputation, fix errors, debug network issues, handle DDoS without the entire node going down cause one customer gets attacked, handling backups, adding features, and fixing services, and offering support for idiotic stuff while being nice at the same time. And even if you do all this right, your customers will still chargeback everything half year after they stopped paying for services, and you have to fight any disputes with the payment provider. Speaking of payment providers, have fun sending documents over whenever they ask and respond to abuse notices within 24 hours, or you lose your rented server cause the upstream fucks you over due to one missed or late abuse mail.

Also have fun losing your hardware or data when one of your customer does a serious abuse and entire drive gets taken by authorities.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2023

@thecreator_ said:
    Lack of knowledge and skill is nothing to be ashamed of.

You shouldn't be immediately jumping to selling to customers without an understanding of the product, the market and underlying technologies.

Learn something first.

• coldcold Member

@yoursunny said:
    Hi you can resell our VPS.
    https://yoursunny.com/p/summer-host/ipv9/
    We don't have WHMCS module, we do business with telephone and first class mail.
    If website says out of stock, you can call our sales telephone +46 766-86-84-36 and we'll activate for you.

You can collect 🥭 as payment and send 10% to us at end of month.
    That's right, your commission is 90%, much higher than any other reseller program you would ever find.

I want to sell goat's! You have any offers? I'm interested I second hand goat's too!

Thanked by 1yoursunny