Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AlexHost Disabled My Alt's Service After Post On LET
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AlexHost Disabled My Alt's Service After Post On LET

nadenade Member
edited August 2023 in Providers

Following up on this -> https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/188004/alexhost-suspended-service-because-of-ddos-without-any-prior-notice#latest

Other than the dedicated mentioned in this post, I have (or had) another dedicated under a different account but same IP (I didn't bother to switch to a different VPN node, big mistake right there). I went to sleep an hour after the post was made and that dedicated was still fine. However, when I wake up today (like 6 hours after the post was made) it seems like the dedicated I have on my alt got shut down - like completely wiped (can't ping, can't ssh, can't do anything). I cannot log in to my alt account either now.

This one actually is going to cause me some trouble because I have a Kubernetes network and I happened to use AlexHost's dedicated as control plane and place to store my manifests. It's okay though, I'll take this as an opportunity to sort out my messy Kubernetes configuration and learn to take backups for non-database stuff as well.

I really want to believe this is not some sort of retaliation but who knows, I'm never using AlexHost again - good lesson learned.

Comments

• nadenade Member
    edited August 2023

I always thought of these one star review as some sort of biases - people are more likely to shit on services due to poor experience while the people who had it alright would prefer to remain silent. That's why I didn't tend to take these seriously because they are not that representative but hey, I got a first-hand experience today and I can finally give this 1 star as well :)

• MaxRMaxR Barred

Yes, it's a big surprise and retaliation when a suspension and/or termination also include alt accounts. :D

Thanked by 2RapToN emgh
  • srch07srch07 Member
    edited August 2023

@nade Considering the effort they put in identifying all your accounts, you might want to give this glorying review in babiato community as well. ;)

• maybe because you were using a VPN while making an order + having more then 1 accounts?

• Horrible Experience :'(

• @babywhale said:
    maybe because you were using a VPN while making an order + having more then 1 accounts?

Are you serious?
    Because he clearly said, it's a running account and not new account.

• @srch07 said:

@babywhale said:
    maybe because you were using a VPN while making an order + having more then 1 accounts?

Are you serious?
    Because he clearly said, it's a running account and not new account.

lol my bad i didnt read the post more clearly

• nadenade Member
    edited August 2023

@MaxR said:
    Yes, it's a big surprise and retaliation when a suspension and/or termination also include alt accounts. :D

Let's throw aside whether if my service suspension is even legitimate. In this case, let's make a wild assumption and say their TOS allows them to suspend anyone's account without any reason.

Okay so my alt account's service was nuked hours after I made the post, which in the previous post I mentioned that the account that they initially suspended was around 12 hours ago (relative to the time of first post, should be around 22 hours now).

There are two possibilities as far as I can see:
    1. Out of goodness of their heart, after seeing my post about my service suspension they went like "This dude seems a bit fishy, he must have left some alt accounts in my system which I didn't find out earlier when I first suspended his service. I must do a deep and thorough investigation to make sure this guy never does harm to AlexHost's infrastructure again"
    2. They saw the post and went like "How dare this bastard shit on my legendary service, I must wipe him out of my system"

• nadenade Member

@srch07 said:
    @nade Considering the effort they put in identifying all your accounts, you might want to give this glorying review in babiato community as well. ;)

Interesting, what is babiato?

• arachi004arachi004 Member
    edited August 2023

@nade said:

forum, you can download nulled product, discussion something, and other

• @nade said:

@srch07 said:

AlexHost's another ground for review, promotion and sale.
    First link in google search will do.

I just don't like retaliations from service providers, unless I have f**** up from my end.

• nadenade Member

@arachi004 said:

@nade said:

forum, you can download nulled product, discussion something, and other

@srch07 said:

@nade said:

@srch07 said:

AlexHost's another ground for review, promotion and sale.
    First link in google search will do.

I just don't like retaliations from service providers, unless I have f**** up from my end.

Ah thank you, I''ll take a look when I have more free time. Definitely better to let other people know about this situation before they fall into the honeypot

• is it possible it is an outage / problem on there end?

• nadenade Member
    edited August 2023

@babywhale said:
    is it possible it is an outage / problem on there end?

I don't think so, at least highly unlikely, consider that they have not posted anything even in the Telegram and one of my other friends who's using AlexHost had his service intact. Plus, I can't even log into the portal anymore lol.

Thanked by 1babywhale
  • alexhostalexhost Member, Patron Provider

Hello, Dear @nade

We didn't suspended anything regarding LET thread.

Please check Ticket. After careful analyzing we detected that was a mistake from our Anti-DDoS Sensor, your services was been restored.

We also offered 5 days for free to your services ;)

Alexhost

Thanked by 2sillycat Phisher
  • alexhostalexhost Member, Patron Provider

Hi, Dear Page.

If you know that many of those reviews not all, but some of them are did by people who hosted and didn't respect our AUP.

In such cases, is not hard to know who is the client even with other name. Some of them breaks our AUP then they got suspended and let a bad review. Not hard to identify.

Alexhost respects the customer, but we don't allow anything that goes against our AUP or Republic of Moldova laws.

Is more easy to give bad reviews than good reviews. That is the truth, there are many customers satisfied but not give a good review in the trustpilot or other.

The OP already have received the right answer in his ticket.

Best Regards,
    Alexhost

Thanked by 2sillycat Phisher
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited August 2023

WUT? There can be occasional hiccups in a hosters infrastructure?

And @alexhost simply admitted it and even gave @nade a small "hiccup happened, sorry" compensation?

Tomorrow: My hoster killed my wife!!!!! (couple hours later it turns out she just met her mother for a coffe and some chatting)

Thanked by 1RapToN
  • TrKTrK Member

TLDR: Go with incognet or buyvm.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@TrK said:
    TLDR: Go with incognet or buyvm.

... who can nevar!!! have a hiccup? Uhum.

Alternative TL;DR: Do not assume an attack and/or ill will when simple and quite normal problems can explain something as well.

• PagePage Member

@alexhost said:

Hi, Dear Page.

If you know that many of those reviews not all, but some of them are did by people who hosted and didn't respect our AUP.

In such cases, is not hard to know who is the client even with other name. Some of them breaks our AUP then they got suspended and let a bad review. Not hard to identify.

Alexhost respects the customer, but we don't allow anything that goes against our AUP or Republic of Moldova laws.

Is more easy to give bad reviews than good reviews. That is the truth, there are many customers satisfied but not give a good review in the trustpilot or other.

The OP already have received the right answer in his ticket.

Best Regards,
    Alexhost

Your explanation is too far-fetched, DDOS usually only causes the IP to go offline, not the account being unable to log in. To be precise, this requires manual intervention to suspend. Whether your explanation is true or not, it is a fact that your work went wrong and needs no explanation.