Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FREE VPS out of Toronto - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FREE VPS out of Toronto

13»

Comments

• LOL!

Asked for tun features and the reply was:

TUN/TAP features are not available in free VPS. If you want you can upgrade to full package.

Clearly a bait and switch here.

• salessales Member

Good Day All:
    We did not expect a very high volume of signups and it seems we are getting an order every 2 minutes 24/7 since Sunday. We have few points that we would like to share with you and to answer some of your questions:
    1. We intent to offer this FREE service for as long as we can, but there will be NO ANY software support provided and there will be a zero tolerance for spam/abuse
    2. We removed the phone verification as many people were not getting it.
    3. All clients that have signed-up, have received their VPS login information and if we did miss anyone, they can login and open a ticket and we will send it to them.
    4. All issues related to the OS are fixed now and all VPS are up.

We do not expect anyone to upgrade their service for a paid plan and to charge for this service in the future.
    We are hoping to capitalize on offering a FREE VPS to assist those whom are in need of a FREE VPS and to help us with our marketing efforts and to make Amanah.com very well know in the market.
    You can send us any question/feedback you might have to [email protected]

Good luck to all of you.

Thanked by 2NanoG6 Maounique
  • AndriAndri Member

Here's some test:

http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
    20:43:21 (10.1 MB/s) - `100mb.test' saved [104857600/104857600]
    dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=16k count=1k oflag=dsync
    1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    16777216 bytes (17 MB) copied, 72.4273 seconds, 232 kB/s

4 CPUs, 128MB.
    It's 2.40GHz E5620.

And they still have a lot of it (100+ last time I checked it)

• upfreakupfreak Member
    edited March 2012

@sales said: if we did miss anyone, they can login and open a ticket and we will send it to them.

My order couldnt pass thru maixmind screen since i didnt get a call, but i have received order confirmation mails. I have created a support ticket (#580223). Please check. Thanks

• Just a note to anyone having issues with Debian doing weird stuff like flooding you with errors when installing certain packages with apt. It seems to be template related and they have re-done the templates. So if you re-install the OS again the problems will be solved.

• @Andri I didn't expect any good benchmark results at this time. Try again next 2-3 days and you should get better results.

• I put in a support ticket. Hope they don't think I'm some sort of crazy person for trying to order a couple times.

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member
    edited March 2012

I raised a support ticket but still no reply. I registered since March 19 (+7) at that time more than 160 (IIRC) vps still available, but until now my service is still pending.
    @sales ?

• IvraatiemsIvraatiems Member
    edited March 2012

Just got mine, and here's what I have:

wget http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
    --2012-03-21 16:10:08--  http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
    Resolving cachefly.cachefly.net... 205.234.175.175
    Connecting to cachefly.cachefly.net|205.234.175.175|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 104857600 (100M) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: `100mb.test'

100%[===================================================================================================================>] 104,857,600 10.1M/s   in 10s

2012-03-21 16:10:19 (9.89 MB/s) - `100mb.test' saved [104857600/104857600]

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=24k count=1k conv=fdatasync
    1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    25165824 bytes (25 MB) copied, 2.46943 s, 10.2 MB/s

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=100k count=1k conv=fdatasync
    1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    104857600 bytes (105 MB) copied, 2.33212 s, 45.0 MB/s

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=400k count=1k conv=fdatasync
    1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    419430400 bytes (419 MB) copied, 8.34559 s, 50.3 MB/s

Looks good so far. Not incredible, but not bad. For free, excellent ^_^

• clarity_64clarity_64 Member
    edited March 2012

They told me to use CentOS because they couldn't fIgure the Debian stuff out.

• u4iau4ia Member

There is a bug present in their Debian template which causes init to spike 1 of the cores at 100% constantly. Fixable, but a hassle.

• I received mine sometime this evening.

@NanoG6 Did you check your junk mail? They never replied to my ticket but the box was set up.

• @Legendlink ya I received the VPS this evening too. Performance is pretty good! ;)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2012

Out of stock. Not that I wanted one, just went to see how real this is.
    Imo is a great way to promote, just dont retire some hardware yet, and the rest is not that expensive (IPs, bw and power).
    It is enough for a blog site and for learning stuff.
    Good idea, I have a feeling we'll be seeing more of this, but the abusers will have to be kept at bay somehow.
    This offer looks good for 30 TB
    https://support.amanah.com/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0
    See, promotion works:)
    Cant find ToS tho. I hope I dont have to make an account for that !
    M

• 96mb96mb Member

@Maounique: AUP is here: http://www.amanah.com/company/legal-aup, if that does not work then you can always send them an email to their sales.

• 96mb96mb Member

@dclardy Interesting, hopefully this is just temporary

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@96mb thanks, I see they dont block Tor, that BW is very nice for only 20 $, even if there is a setup fee.
    M

• I see conflicting comments here, does anyone know if they fixed the Debian template?

• The debian template is not fixed. When trying to install certain things an insserv error appears and fails.

• 64bit on 128MB? Seriously? <_<

• 96mb96mb Member

@NanoG6: Why not?

• Well from what I know 64bit apps will double the RAM usage, no?

• A working Debian 6 32bit template would make this VPS perfect.

• They have reduced the specs on all free servers to 64MB guaranteed and 128MB burst. But free is free.

• 96mb96mb Member

I guess with 1GB of hard drive space, it is good enough for serving some static content/a basic VPN anyways, for which 64 should be enough I guess?

• They do not offer TUN/TAP on free VPS. You can do old-style ssh VPN though.

• 96mb96mb Member

@proteus Did not realize that, wish they could open that one up somehow.

• Just signed-up, using private e-mail.
    The phone confirmation was still there. And yes, I figured I won't receive any call.Tthe system was broken somehow :P

What Interesting is my VPS is labeled as "fraud". Doh
    Perhaps all account that haven't been verified yet will be called this, but they could use another term. Heh