Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FREE VPS out of Toronto - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FREE VPS out of Toronto

Comments

• ZeroZero Member

I'm still waiting for the login details.

• @DotVPS @liam I think we broke it :)

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • Anything posted in the 'Offers' category automatically has the 'sink' rule applied.

• Thanks for posting this, got one and it seems okay after changing to the Debian 6.0 x64 template.

• 96mb96mb Member

@breton: I think it is actually NA based on one of the previous posts...

• 96mb96mb Member

@DotVPS: Sorry can't use any hotmail/gmail type of free email service :)

• 96mb96mb Member

@Zero: LOL, too many people signing up :)

• 96mb96mb Member

@DotVPS: You are fast, sorry I did not read the second paragraph. I have no idea then in that case (don't work for them), but if you have already put in a ticket about it let's hope someone will be looking into that soon. :)

• tuxtux Member

@96mb said: @DotVPS: Sorry can't use any hotmail/gmail type of free email service :)

Can I use Google Apps (free version)?

• Yep, same here. Used a legit cellphone number (not google voice or skype) and never recieved a call.

Oh well.

• @NateN34 said: Yep, same here. Used a legit cellphone number (not google voice or skype) and never recieved a call.

This u_u

• Likewise here, @NateN34. Now, it's entirely possible that they're being literally flooded with requests and the module can't keep up; but I really don't need another VM badly enough to keep at it.

Good luck to the rest of you.

• Same thing here. I will be submitting a ticket when I get a chance.

• 96mb96mb Member

@tux: yes, that is what I used...

• u4iau4ia Member

I tried from my home connection and got the maxmind phone call screen and didn't get the call. Then tried from my cell phone with a different IP and email address, again maxmind screen but no call to my cell either.

• kendidkendid Veteran

I never even got the max mind screen... Maybe because I'm not in NA they didn't phone verify... Perhaps on Monday morning they will push through the piles of orders...

I too am not going to try too hard... There arent a lot of Canadian lebs though and really did want to give them a try.

• ZeroZero Member

Finally they activated my VPS :)

• so you got the phone call from maxmind?
    I raised a ticket about the phone call, but hvn't received any answer

• ZeroZero Member

@NanoG6 said: so you got the phone call from maxmind?

I raised a ticket about the phone call, but hvn't received any answer

I haven't received the phone call, I've only submitted a ticket to the support :)

• u4iau4ia Member

I got the maxmind page but no phone call. Today I check my spam folder and there were my login details :) So they set it up even though I didn't get past maxmind. First thing though, I log into Solus to change passwords, and reinstall the OS, now it won't boot. Argh.

• I submitted a ticket, and then looked in services. I got a VPS ip from there. How can I reinstall it to something else? I don't want no CentOS!

• I just found all of my information in my SPAM folder. Yay! Setting up DNS now!

• u4iau4ia Member

@dclardy said: How can I reinstall it to something else?

http://vps1.amanah.com:5353/ was the link to SolusVM in my email. I had ...trouble... re-installing the OS though.

• Did anyone ask for tun/tap yet ? curious if they enable it

• KuroKuro Member

I just received my details. :)

Few first things I noticed: default solusvm password is very insecure; No Debian 6 i386 is available, only x86_64

• Anyone having issues with the Debian 6 Template? There are a ton of issues with LSB tags and stuff missing. Any ideas on what I need to tell them to get it fixed?

• KuroKuro Member

Like @dclardy I had some issues with the Debian 6 template. Additionally, I had "config not found" errors with Debian 5 i386 and Ubuntu 10.04 i386. I can't believe I'm using CentOS again...

• Ordered one. Waiting for provision. Thanx 96mb

• u4iau4ia Member

Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.

Prohibited according to the AUP :)

Thanked by 1tux
  • For how long is this free vps provided? A lifetime? :3