Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OFFICIAL R-A-I-N-D-O-G 20K THREAD -- $13.69 per year // GIVEAWAYS! // Once they're gone, that's it.. - Page 14
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OFFICIAL R-A-I-N-D-O-G 20K THREAD -- $13.69 per year // GIVEAWAYS! // Once they're gone, that's it..

Comments

• Good morning sirs, please MANGILLA-size my port. Order 2724205249

• ehabehab Member
    edited August 2023

couldn't help the - Mangildina

Thanked by 2crunchbits ariq01
  • crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host
    edited August 2023

@SirFoxy said:

@szymonp said:

@SirFoxy said:
    Provider tag costs $200 annually, Crunchbits just added (probably, I’m guessing from “a few hundred” sales) over $5,000 in ARR to their company in 4 hours.

That’s what you call a good investment.

I doubt these are making them much money at all, though

No, probably not. However, it does park the IPv4 space as it raises in value and adds to the market value of Crunchbits.

It's a tripwire product, it's designed to introduce a low-risk taste of their service to a broad audience.

Of course, ideally, a good percentage of those new conversions sign up for other higher-priced offers.

You’re absolutely on the right track. Combine certain economies of scale (keeping in mind our primary revenue engines are GPU dedis with significantly larger power footprints) and how easy it is to have 500w-1000w of “trapped power” in those racks and you’ll get a good picture.

From a marketing perspective, there’s a deep conversation to be had there but you’re pretty dead-on.

Blend it all with the fact that we have a massive amount of v3/v4 broadwell gear which is still good quality, very usable, but below the quality of our standard lineup and near worthless to “eBay” (once you add logistics and time value) and the picture starts making even more sense.

We’re still a for-profit business so I wouldn’t put something out the door that isn’t self sustaining, but you also wouldn’t be ecstatic to build a business solely on these $13.69/yr specials. Hence why there is no flexibility, extra cores, or leniency on abuse/gamification. You’re getting access to a tier 3 fully redundant infrastructure at a fraction of the cost, and if your needs are something simple this is a perfect fit. Plus, we’ve had a track record of improving services for all customers at no cost—and I already know that there is more inbound (network speaking).

Tack on the time-value of money and re-investing into known producing assets and it’s almost like the Midas touch.

• @crunchbits is a small restock within the next 4 hours possible? because I'll probably be sleeping after that and I wanna get on the deal 😭

• @szymonp said:
    @crunchbits is a small restock within the next 4 hours possible? because I'll probably be sleeping after that and I wanna get on the deal 😭

I'm sure there's someone already abusing their gratitude and they're on the ball over there... you'll probably get your wish sooner than you imagine.

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • bertbert Member

1 Included Backup Slot

May I ask how to make a backup?I can't find it. :)

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@anubhavhirani said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@szymonp said:

@SirFoxy said:
    Provider tag costs $200 annually, Crunchbits just added (probably, I’m guessing from “a few hundred” sales) over $5,000 in ARR to their company in 4 hours.

That’s what you call a good investment.

I doubt these are making them much money at all, though

Agree, just IPs are probably 6$ a year each. Add support etc.

Hope they make some at least :)

For us, we did some ~18€ a year deals, and are still paying the price when energy crisis hit + high inflation.

Bring this plan back plxx :P

Sorry can't do that. Not with HDDs anyways.

• Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited August 2023

@bert said:

1 Included Backup Slot

• Good morning sirs, please MANGILLA-size my port. Order 1985547336

• bertbert Member
    edited August 2023

@Don_Keedic said:

@bert said:

1 Included Backup Slot

Thanks.But in my control panel, there is no such option.

edited August 2023

It's a promo deal so it must not be enabled. The 25GB given would turn into 50GB per client (if they took one backup) and that wouldn't likely be sustainable for that price point.

On the other hand, you just scored 2 core, 25gb SSD, 3gig DDR4 and 4TB of bandwidth for $13.69/year...so with all that money you saved you can pick up a suitable backup solution with some money to spare. If it's not a good fit for ya, I'm sure @szymonp would take it off your hands in a heartbeat.

• @celera said:
    Good morning sirs, please MANGILLA-size my port. Order 2724205249

are they going to actually boost the port for these brand new accounts? wasn't the rule that they had to be in good standing...

• Hello, @crunchbits . I wonder if there is DDOS attack on your network. I have been experiencing recurring network issues over the past few hours. These issues occur for a few minutes at a time. :o

• MrEdMrEd Member

@O0ooo said:
    Hello, @crunchbits . I wonder if there is DDOS attack on your network. I have been experiencing recurring network issues over the past few hours. These issues occur for a few minutes at a time. :o

Probably because all these lucky guys that got the deal are testing network with yabs :)

• I just installed Debian 12 and man your control panel is so beautiful, neat and clean. And with many automated features. I love it!

• can you replenish? I need one vps

• @MrEd said:

@O0ooo said:
    Hello, @crunchbits . I wonder if there is DDOS attack on your network. I have been experiencing recurring network issues over the past few hours. These issues occur for a few minutes at a time. :o

Probably because all these lucky guys that got the deal are testing network with yabs :)

Now, again. :'(

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Someone's not happy they didn't get 1 :smiley:

• THANKS @raindog308! HERES TO ANOTHER 20K 🤓

• Alright if your order is pending, we are racking more hardware. Your order will be provisioned just wait patiently. If you can't let us know and we can refund the order. Also, all those commented for the port upgrade those have been completed. Just a couple of who commented with invoice numbers I will pm you and get the necessary information so I can upgrade the vps'

• RIP

• Stop DDoSing please, I'm currently asking them to mount ISO (not this deal)
    VDS is working fine but website is down and I can't reply to ticket.

edited August 2023

@PieHasBeenEaten said:
    Alright if your order is pending, we are racking more hardware. Your order will be provisioned just wait patiently. If you can't let us know and we can refund the order. Also, all those commented for the port upgrade those have been completed. Just a couple of who commented with invoice numbers I will pm you and get the necessary information so I can upgrade the vps'

Meanwhile over at Crunchbits HQ between racking servers, Eric's keeping his boys going with Mangilla

Thanked by 3ariq01 crunchbits ehab
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

Damn!! @raindog308 is not a name.. It's a Braand!!

• @szymonp said:
    RIP

I think they retired that domain (had an SSL issue with it awhile back, they pointed me to a new domain)

Try here - https://my.crunchbits.com/

• I think a little patience would be in order here, then this baby is yours for a whole year. And Crunchbits is one of the best providers on the forum, good service, good people, so totally worth it.

Yeah, I'm late for this deal too, so no sleeping for me tonight, counting on that middle of the night (in this part of globe) restock, to get my chunk of goodness. :wink:

Just let me know if it's postponed, in time, so I can go to sleep if that happens. I don't want to see dawn without VPS. :blush:

Ha ha, this is starting to feel like...

Thanked by 1crunchbits

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Hang in there folks, more hardware is being unloaded.

• maverickmaverick Member
    edited August 2023

@DP said:
    Hang in there folks, more hardware is being unloaded.

B b but... will that be enough, cuz they're picking it like...