Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many times a day you visit LET? do you have other sites you keep visiting everyday ? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How many times a day you visit LET? do you have other sites you keep visiting everyday ?

2»

Comments

• @BetaRacks said: 127.0.0.1:8000

its unreachable, I was really curious

• rcy026rcy026 Member

It depends on what I'm doing and how much time I have to spare. Sometime it might be 5-6 times per day, but sometimes it can go weeks without a visit.

I have a bookmark folder with 15-20 sites that I visit frequently. If I have 10 minutes to spare while waiting for an update or reboot or something I right click the folder and choose "open all in tabs" and then I quickly browse trough them closing each tab when I'm done with it. It's a quick way to stay updated and kills time whenever I have just a few minutes to spare.

• @rcy026 said: I right click the folder and choose "open all in tabs" and then I quickly browse trough them closing each tab when I'm done with it.

If you are using Firefox, just click the folder with the middle button, it will open all BMs in that folder. and do the same on any tab to close it.

PS, you can do that on win 10+ on any application open when you hover over it on task bar.

Enjoy

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@FiberSuds said:
    0.5 ~ 3 times per day

Do you like just type lowendtalk.com in search bar and leave?(0.5 times?!?)

• ariq01ariq01 Member

Everyday ofc, i keep an eye on service transfers topic

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

My Chromebook has two always-open windows. One window has tabs for html Gmail, Hetzner Robot, Migadu, LET, LES, and Nodeseek. So, like @Arkas, I'm always here. :) Or, if @FatGrizzly is around, maybe I'm here one sixth of the time that I am in my first always-open window? :)

The other always-open window has two or sometimes three hterm tabs.

For HN, several times every day, I open a third window with ctrl-n plus a single "h" in the address bar, then hit the return key. HN needs its own window because I frequently open a bunch of new tabs by ctrl-clicking links in the HN posts.

Thanked by 1FatGrizzly
  • In my day job, I work as a surgeon and do like to check into LET between operations : )

Thanked by 1Calin
  • I read LET on a (almost) daily basis, whenever I am free. All about the learning!

• @rasping5978 said: All about the learning!

where else do you learn? If I may ask. other than Udemy and the likes.

• @mezoology said:

@rasping5978 said: All about the learning!

where else do you learn? If I may ask. other than Udemy and the likes.

Youtube and reddit a lot too on the self hosting and home server subreddits. Here is more on good deals and how to get started on configuring from the portal, or how to analyse good benchmarks

• 5 times a day

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@farsighter said:
    Lowendtalk is in my speed dial homepage bookmarks so‏ I click it without thinking/counting, I guess maybe 7 times in a boring day and much more when some drama/raffle/crazy deals etc are going on

Love this!

Thanked by 1farsighter
  • usually lurking at least once every other day

• KindyKindy Member

5 times a day.

• PineappleMPineappleM Member
    edited August 2023

Once or twice a day to see if any interesting deals have popped up. It's much easier to check one place than to check multiple different hosts' websites. It's also nice to see viewpoints from the host providers' perspectives, something you don't get to see from (e.g.) support tickets.