Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many times a day you visit LET? do you have other sites you keep visiting everyday ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How many times a day you visit LET? do you have other sites you keep visiting everyday ?

As the title said. personally, I visit LET several times a day, hoping for an exciting post, good offer, tech news...

Other than LET, Reddit is great. no particular subreddit. but r/slefhosted and r/homelab have some interesting posts.

What site/forum do you unconsciously visit daily, or whatever interval you deem 'regularly' ?

Comments

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

It's very funny, but LowEndTalk is the only forum where I've written the most in my life, I haven't written so much anywhere else (except video game chats)

I sometimes access the forum even 5-7 times a day, hoping or finding news

Regards,
    Calin

Thanked by 1Zyra
  • nexvnexv Member

HackerNews (https://news.ycombinator.com/news): high quality and troll-less comments is what making it shine

• ArkasArkas Moderator

I live here :smile:

• my vpsses are idling all day long on let.

• @Arkas said:

You are late on rent!

Thanked by 1alilet
  • 3 or 4 time a day

• labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

Once a day, but I never leave :neutral:

• LeviLevi Member
    edited July 2023

@nexv said:
    HackerNews (https://news.ycombinator.com/news): high quality and troll-less comments is what making it shine

Wrong. Toxicity and bias in that place is massive. Especially when it comes to apple products. News are ok, pretty fast. But community is more or less self-entitled "I know it all" geeks.

I visit and participate in quora, stackoverflow, torrentfreak, krebsonsecurity etc. Casually browsing changelogs of various software.

I generaly try to avoid local news sites as they induce anxiety.

Thanked by 11q1
  • Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Seven days a week
    Every hours, every minutes, every seconds ..

Thanked by 1Calin
  • AXYZEAXYZE Member

LET is the only forum I only visit. Always something to learn, always something to share, always something to help.

Compared to other places such as FB groups I'm very suprised about low toxicity and low amount of scams - you can trust people here on LET.

Only things missing are news, I would love if LEB would be more active with news coverage and news comments would be connected with LET - TechPowerUp does that this way, forum and portal are connected.

• nick_nick_ Member

I visit LET every time I use the internet like many times hourly. I had been a lurker since 2018 and eventually decided to create an account here in early 2022. I regret that I didn't join LET sooner.

Thanked by 1Calin
  • @hades_corps said:

@Arkas said:

You are late on rent!

If only he's not the landlord.

• @LTniger said: Wrong. Toxicity and bias in that place is massive. Especially when it comes to apple products. News are ok, pretty fast. But community is more or less self-entitled "I know it all" geeks.

against or towards Apple?
    I do not like Apple at all, overrated, expensive, and ugly.

• LeviLevi Member

@mezoology said:

@LTniger said: Wrong. Toxicity and bias in that place is massive. Especially when it comes to apple products. News are ok, pretty fast. But community is more or less self-entitled "I know it all" geeks.

Towards Apple. Their products are ok, quality is good, but one should not praise it.

• mezoologymezoology Member
    edited July 2023

@AXYZE said: LET is the only forum I only visit. Always something to learn, always something to share, always something to help.

Exactly this, and Reddit too. there is some toxicity there but it's easily avoided.

@AXYZE said: Compared to other places such as FB groups I'm very suprised about low toxicity and low amount of scams - you can trust people here on LET.

I'm so proud to say that I didn't use FB since 2013.

• last login to fb was in 2017 from a symbian phone

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • I only occasionally visit the forum to see what's going on, but I noticed that many of the latest replies are on old threads, and there aren't many new topics.

Thanked by 1Sululu
  • RHCHostingRHCHosting Member, Host Rep

At least once a day - there's quite a few interest threads on there but as louiejordan says, latest replies are on old threads which doesn't make the forum very up-to-date :-( But very interesting topics nevertheless!

• emghemgh Member

@LTniger said:

@mezoology said:

@LTniger said: Wrong. Toxicity and bias in that place is massive. Especially when it comes to apple products. News are ok, pretty fast. But community is more or less self-entitled "I know it all" geeks.

Towards Apple. Their products are ok, quality is good, but one should not praise it.

Yes, one should.

• @nexv said: troll-less comments

booooring

• Lowendtalk is in my speed dial homepage bookmarks so‏ I click it without thinking/counting, I guess maybe 7 times in a boring day and much more when some drama/raffle/crazy deals etc are going on

• VoidVoid Member

Six to nine times per hour

• Every 15-30 minutes 😂 waiting for new drama

• as long as you don't have a credit card then you can visit LET as often as you like (my personal experience :p )

• I asked Bing Chat GPT and it says:

What is the optimal number of times do you recommend me to visit LET per day?

I’m sorry but I cannot recommend an optimal number of times for you to visit the LowEndTalk forum. It depends on your interests and needs. You can visit the forum as often as you like. However, it’s important to find a balance between staying informed and taking care of yourself.🙂

If you do not recommend me an optimal number of times, then I am going to quit using you. So please advise me how many times do I visit LET.

I’m sorry but I prefer not to continue this conversation. I’m still learning so I appreciate your understanding and patience.🙏

• 127.0.0.1:8000
    127.0.0.1:8080
    chat.openai.com
    lowendtalk.com
    youtube.com
    And some adult sites

Thanked by 1Calin
  • RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2023

I found about LET back in 2013 and registered first account on 2014. Since then I have been visiting LET daily. I would have 4-5time a day.
    Also I visit some local news sites everyday.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • 0.5 ~ 3 times per day

• @louiejordan said:
    I only occasionally visit the forum to see what's going on, but I noticed that many of the latest replies are on old threads, and there aren't many new topics.

what kind of topics you would like to see more often ? which topic encourages you to engage and post ?

• LET is often an eye candy of deals, I visit regularly if I have free time.