Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WebHorizon's NAT VPS Services: Changes upcoming, Migration to HostBill!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WebHorizon's NAT VPS Services: Changes upcoming, Migration to HostBill!

AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider
edited July 2023 in News

Hello,

I have some exciting news to share with you regarding NAT VPS services at WebHorizon.

We recently upgraded our billing system to HostBill, an advanced platform designed to provide an enhanced hosting management experience. With the implementation of HostBill, we have addressed various control panel bugs and streamlined the management of NAT VPS services, ensuring a smoother and more efficient process.

This upgrade is now available for NAT VPS services aswell, on our dedicated brand NatVPS.net brand.

New NAT VPS brand portal: https://clients.natvps.net/

We are actively working on developing a migration plan for all clients to seamlessly transition to this new brand portal. The migration will be carried out one location at a time, and we estimate that it may take approximately a month to complete. Rest assured, we will communicate the migration plan to you and provide detailed instructions when your location is scheduled for the transition.

Meanwhile, the old portal is still available and existing services will continue to be accessible there.

We genuinely appreciate your patience and cooperation during this transition period. My team is dedicated to making this migration as smooth as possible for all clients. I am confident that the HostBill upgrade will greatly enhance your control panel experience and streamline the account management.

Please note this change affects NAT VPS services only.

Thank you for being a part of this community and for choosing WebHorizon as your trusted NAT VPS provider. I look forward to serving with excellence and restoring the great support experience in coming days!

Comments

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

I wanted to provide some additional information about our decision to migrate to the HostBill control panel.

Our existing setup with Blesta + Virtualizor, though reliable for a time, has presented some challenges, such as VMs not terminating properly and other control panel bugs. I understand how these issues can impact user experience, and it has been causing a lot of additional support burden.

Using HostBill, with SolusVM in the backend, these issues are resolved and offers greater stability and reliability. Additionally, HostBill allows us to streamline billing management, making it easier for to provide efficient support and billing services.

Please note that, due to the nature of the migration, there is no direct path to transfer services from the old setup to HostBill. As a result, service re-creation on the new portal will be required. Rest assured, our team is fully prepared to guide you through the process to make it as smooth as possible.

As previously mentioned, the migration will be carried out one location at a time. We are actively developing a well-thought-out migration plan, which we will communicate to you in advance. Detailed instructions will be provided when your location is scheduled for the move.

In the meantime, your existing services will remain active on the old portal, and you can continue to manage them as usual. We genuinely appreciate your patience and understanding during this transition period.

If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback, please feel free to share them.

• tentortentor Member, Patron Provider

Why you have chosen HostBill and not WHMCS?

edited July 2023

@tentor said:

I have no experience with whmcs, but from what I have observed hostbill resolves issues much quicker. They fix bugs and push out updates weekly.
    Can also get new plugins developed by their team anytime (pay for the development only) they will maintain future updates/compatibility.

• edited July 2023
    1. Is the data in VPS to be preserved or erased?
    2. Will there be any bandwidth compensation? You've mentioned there will be a hard limit of 500 GB, after which network will be cut off entirely instead of being throttled as you had advertised before.
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@tentor said:

Because It's the best..

1. It has almost all plugins you need.
    2. No 3rd party plugin needed (For hosting business at least)
    3. Very fast support
    4. Weekly updates
    5. Very fast bug fixes
    6. Very good UI
    7. etc.

All you need is money.. If you can afford it then go for it

We are very happy with it

• guess this is why my service hasn't been reliable.
    the old/current panel is trash tbh and im glad it's getting replaced

Thanked by 1Abd

@ViridWeb said:

@tentor said:

Because It's the best..

3. Very fast support
    4. Weekly updates
    5. Very fast bug fixes
    6. Very good UI

Well, as of my research both HostBill and WHMCS are nearly equally good at 1&2, however I could not say anything regarding rest of the points as I haven't tried HostBill (too pricey unfortunately)

Thanked by 1ViridWeb
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Abd said:
    VMs not terminating properly

Due to this bug, I've had a free container for half a year now.

It was a 5-container bundle order.
    When one location was having host node problems, I asked for moving to another location.
    Blesta shows a new service generated and the old service terminated.

I sold the bundle and the buyer reinstalled the five active containers.
    Unexpectedly, I found the "terminated" container coming online at some point.
    Hence, I have a free container that isn't accounted for anywhere.

Thanked by 1Abd
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@tentor said:

@ViridWeb said:

@tentor said:

Because It's the best..

3. Very fast support
    4. Weekly updates
    5. Very fast bug fixes
    6. Very good UI

Well, as of my research both HostBill and WHMCS are nearly equally good at 1&2, however I could not say anything regarding rest of the points as I haven't tried HostBill (too pricey unfortunately)

I'm sure you have less experience than us (Our experience is almost 8+ Years with WHMCS) because that's not technically correct unless you are providing basic shared hosting and vps deals with basic feature for clients.

Anyways, If it's work for you then I don't think anyone should change/migrate their billing software to any other software.

P.S: I am not criticizing you but this is just a casual conversation. Even if you need some suggestion then we are always here for fellow providers

Wish you a very good luch

Best Regards,

Thanked by 1tentor
  • Will the renewal prices be carried over automatically? Should we be taking snapshots of what the renewal prices should be and ticket them in once migrated?

Last time I asked for a migration (the France node going down), a BF promo was recreated at the regular price and I had to ticket in to get it adjusted.

Thanked by 1Abd

@jmgcaguicla said:
    Will the renewal prices be carried over automatically? Should we be taking snapshots of what the renewal prices should be and ticket them in once migrated?

They should be carried over, we manually adjust the renewal price and date to match existing service. A ticket should not be needed.

Last time I asked for a migration (the France node going down), a BF promo was recreated at the regular price and I had to ticket in to get it adjusted.

I think it was a mistake.

@yoursunny said:

@Abd said:
    VMs not terminating properly

Due to this bug, I've had a free container for half a year now.

It was a 5-container bundle order.
    When one location was having host node problems, I asked for moving to another location.
    Blesta shows a new service generated and the old service terminated.

I sold the bundle and the buyer reinstalled the five active containers.
    Unexpectedly, I found the "terminated" container coming online at some point.
    Hence, I have a free container that isn't accounted for anywhere.

yes that is it. We have many such 'unaccounted' containers because of this issue :/

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • saywhat13saywhat13 Member
    edited August 2023

The original password is wrong, and the ip is banned due to this. Only just one try...Cool..
    PS: Mine is an SG node NAT.

@saywhat13 said:
    The original password is wrong, and the ip is banned due to this. Only just one try...Cool..

Maybe it is temporary ban to block brute force attacks? @Abd

Thanked by 1Abd
  • It seems like the domain forwarding is gone on the new panel

• When will the renewal price be pushed out?

• Sir,Can we have NAT VPS BUNDLE for this Black Friday?