Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fire in electrical room of Dedicated.com in New York - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Fire in electrical room of Dedicated.com in New York

12346»

Comments

• My router is back online as of 9 minutes ago hosted through Dedipath. Power Uptime of 19 hours and 59 minutes on my equipment itself. I'm assuming something was down upstream of me. I see the switch infront/upstream of me was rebooted a couple times after my connection was re-established.

• Seems like there are still switches down at Dedipath.

Some of our network switches are still down and we are currently trying to bring them back up. Please bare with us while we continue recovery

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@tdaddysimi said:
    I have a mikrotik router that should immediately wake up once power is restored, so I am guessing its the power going into my rack or something along that.

@Cloudie said mikrotik is garbage.
    You gotta get Arista router.

• toast555toast555 Member
    edited July 2023

Even though evocative corporate might have been bad with updates, the staff at the DC are going above and beyond to get everyone up.

• @hosthatch said:
    It's almost as if people who use Psychz (you should really see their DC to believe it, it beats out any Equinix facility /s) or the people who should be getting "who has had the most power outages in the last 5 years" award are now sharing expert opinions on this unfortunate event.

This, I'm doihg my best to not be mean to some of the "premium" hosts commenting here.

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • jrenjren Member

I was on site yesterday. Part of the issue with why some vendors were not up or partially up when the site was energized was because whatever happened must have created a huge surge and blew out PDUs in customer racks. Some were partially blown, others were completely blown, thankfully saving the equipment plugged into them. One of their techs said that they had replaced close to 250 of them between Wednesday and Thursday, had run out, and sourced some from one of the nearby datacenters until new ones arrived. Besides the blown PDUs, the back hallway stunk pretty bad but inside where the racks and cages are was fine.

What I had heard from another client was that one UPS (of 4) tasked to back up one of the rooms was still not functional and the room was running on utility power only. They might be waiting for parts to repair the unit. I don't know if they will need to power that room down again to repair/replace/bring online, but I wouldn't want to have my equipment plugged into a PDU that might now be compromised in some way because it already took a big surge hit.

Otherwise, I didn't see too many customers there working on equipment. More than usual, I usually see zero when there, and maybe I saw 3 or 4 working on things.

• xx00xxxx00xx Member

@rcy026 said:

[...]They've been building for 10 years and they are just closing in on finishing the first one right now.[...]

that alone speaks volumes

• rcy026rcy026 Member

@xx00xx said:

@rcy026 said:

[...]They've been building for 10 years and they are just closing in on finishing the first one right now.[...]

that alone speaks volumes

Actually, it's pretty impressive. 10 years ago the area was a forest, not even any roads nearby. Today it's a big ass complex with redundant powergrid, cooling, big buildings everywhere and several floors below ground.
    For 4-5 years it was close to impossible to get any kind of construction equipment in like a 200km radius since everyone was working on the Microsoft sites. If you owned an excavator, you could basically name your price and they would hire you.

Thanked by 1maverick
  • My services are all down again and unreachable :(

• aliletalilet Member

@tdaddysimi said:
    My services are all down again and unreachable :(

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/187676/dedipath-servers-down