Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for 1gbps Unmetered DMCA ignored VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for 1gbps Unmetered DMCA ignored VPS

RemoteStreamRemoteStream Member
edited July 2023 in Help

I'm currently looking for a DMCA ignored VPS for reverse proxies, I have tried a few different services such as below, all averages are over a 24 hour period with speedtest running every hour.

pq.hosting, averaged 128mbps
zetservers.com, averaged 484mbps
hostslick.com, averaged 125mbps
alexhost.com, averaged 80mbps
regxa.com, averaged 213mbps

I don't need high specs, 1 or 2 cores, 1 or 2gb of RAM with 1gbps guarenteed unmetered connection, for around $10 - $20 monthly, this is my aim in price because black.host offers 1gbps dedicated per VPS for $12 a month, but I understand DMCA ignored is typically a little more expensive.

I'm currently looking for one, but if all goes well I'll be looking into more in the future. Bonus points for if I can test for 24 - 36 hours before hand as all these services have bled me of around $100 combined for false promises.

Thanked by 3Calin truweb JasonM

Comments

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

Hello @RemoteStream check please my DMs

Regards,

Thanked by 1RemoteStream
  • edited July 2023

Those hosts probably advertised "1Gbps Unmetered" = you can burst up to 1Gbps and you will not be charged overages or have any data caps, but you are not guaranteed those speeds.

If you actually want to do 1Gbps 24/7 (i.e. 300TB/mo) you will be paying far more than that for those VPS.

• RemoteStreamRemoteStream Member
    edited July 2023

@CyberneticTitan said:
    Those hosts probably advertised "1Gbps Unmetered" = you can burst up to 1Gbps and you will not be charged overages or have any data caps, but you are not guaranteed those speeds.

If you actually want to do 1Gbps 24/7 (i.e. 300TB/mo) you will be paying far more than that for those VPS.

And I fully understand that, the only exception to that is zetservers showing min estimated to be 2 - 3 gbps which is inherently false, abliet they do say in a little disclaimer that it may drop below that, but I wasn't expecting it to be 25% of the minimum they advertised.

All of them barring Zetservers was admittedly around $5 - $10 which, realistically what can I expect right ? But after finding black.host it is obviously viable for around $10 - $20 heck I'd pay $30 a month if Zetservers claims were true.

• crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host
    edited July 2023

@RemoteStream said:

@CyberneticTitan said:

And I fully understand that, the only exception to that is zetservers showing min estimated to be 2 - 3 gbps which is inherently false, abliet they do say in a little disclaimer that it may drop below that, but I wasn't expecting it to be 25% of the minimum they advertised.

All of them barring Zetservers was admittedly around $5 - $10 which, realistically what can I expect right ? But after finding black.host it is obviously viable for around $10 - $20 heck I'd pay $30 a month if Zetservers claims were true.

Might be at the upper end of your range, but @PulsedMedia has minidedi boxes that would probably fit the bill. I know from assisting some of our customers that multiple users have had 0 issues fully maxing 1Gbps link clear across the globe to our servers for some linux ISO backup mirroring.

I can only speak from the provider's POV here, but 1Gbps unmetered full use (~320TB) likely has to be in the $20-30 range per month or higher. That is, assuming you actually want a chance to maximize it.

• @crunchbits said:

@RemoteStream said:

@CyberneticTitan said:

Might be at the upper end of your range, but @PulsedMedia has minidedi boxes that would probably fit the bill. I know from assisting some of our customers that multiple users have had 0 issues fully maxing 1Gbps link clear across the globe to our servers for some linux ISO backup mirroring.

I can only speak from the provider's POV here, but 1Gbps unmetered full use (~320TB) likely has to be in the $20-30 range per month or higher. That is, assuming you actually want a chance to maximize it.

I'm happy to pay $30ish on the top end, I was happy with what Zetservers was offering, I'd just like more reliability on the network speed. I know my request was fairly unreasonable, but start low right ?

I'll see who else bobs into this thread, but I do like what PulseMedia have to offer, maybe if they dropped in themselves :smile:

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • ifreakifreak Member

Note that speedtest is sort of flawed, especially over longer timespans. Providers have multiple links where it's expected that traffic is spread out over those links. In case of speedtest you saturate that one specific link to the speedtest server. Especially over long time spans you will probably encounter someone else using that same link. Premium bandwidth will cost you much more and will have that excess bandwidth available for you. Modern protocols that use multiple peers will give different results but at the cost of CPU and random disk I/O - so you do need to calculate that in your pricing as well.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@RemoteStream said:

@crunchbits said:

@RemoteStream said:

@CyberneticTitan said:

I'm happy to pay $30ish on the top end, I was happy with what Zetservers was offering, I'd just like more reliability on the network speed. I know my request was fairly unreasonable, but start low right ?

I'll see who else bobs into this thread, but I do like what PulseMedia have to offer, maybe if they dropped in themselves :smile:

Yea you can go wild with the BW. It's still not dedicated (a 50€ upgrade!), but we've never seen the capacity exhausted, so go ahead :)

Only the MD3 has stock tho: https://pulsedmedia.com/minidedi-dedicated-servers-finland.php

Some new units are coming available soon, but not MD1. The MD1 was the original experiment to see if this would work, hence as lowly config as made sense. They are very unlikely to be built more anytime soon, so you shouldn't hold out for one.

Pricing we adjust based on available stock constantly, and with this demand they are only likely to increase in the short term. (Last batch was 75% sold within a week)

@ifreak said:
    Note that speedtest is sort of flawed, especially over longer timespans. Providers have multiple links where it's expected that traffic is spread out over those links. In case of speedtest you saturate that one specific link to the speedtest server. Especially over long time spans you will probably encounter someone else using that same link. Premium bandwidth will cost you much more and will have that excess bandwidth available for you. Modern protocols that use multiple peers will give different results but at the cost of CPU and random disk I/O - so you do need to calculate that in your pricing as well.

This.
    Networking is very complicated. Just because one connection doesn't work, does not mean others are not fast. Potentially every single connection has different routing, even if from same dc to same dc.

Also most people consider speedtest as of speedtest.net; Those servers are always hammered and bottlenecked and mostly good only for checking local access speed to your ISP. Also if you use wrong client your performance drops significantly.

iperf from host to target and vice-versa is where it's at when you need to check the reality.

Thanked by 1ifreak
  • @RemoteStream said:

@CyberneticTitan said:

ZetServers are clowns https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/185253/avoid-zetservers-at-all-costs#latest

• @PulsedMedia said:

@RemoteStream said:

@crunchbits said:

@RemoteStream said:

@CyberneticTitan said:

Yea you can go wild with the BW. It's still not dedicated (a 50€ upgrade!), but we've never seen the capacity exhausted, so go ahead :)

Only the MD3 has stock tho: https://pulsedmedia.com/minidedi-dedicated-servers-finland.php

Some new units are coming available soon, but not MD1. The MD1 was the original experiment to see if this would work, hence as lowly config as made sense. They are very unlikely to be built more anytime soon, so you shouldn't hold out for one.

Pricing we adjust based on available stock constantly, and with this demand they are only likely to increase in the short term. (Last batch was 75% sold within a week)

@ifreak said:

This.
    Networking is very complicated. Just because one connection doesn't work, does not mean others are not fast. Potentially every single connection has different routing, even if from same dc to same dc.

Also most people consider speedtest as of speedtest.net; Those servers are always hammered and bottlenecked and mostly good only for checking local access speed to your ISP. Also if you use wrong client your performance drops significantly.

iperf from host to target and vice-versa is where it's at when you need to check the reality.

I don't mind paying for MD2 if MD1 are pretty much EOL now, I know yourself maybe a little biased on speeds but someone else also said they have no problems with the 1gbps connection so it might be worth a try for me.

I see you deal in seedboxs but that doesn't necessarily means your DMCA ignored, my use case is reverse proxies, so no content would actually be on your service but you'll still receive copyright complaints for me, is that all good ?

I can't find anything while quickly scrolling through terms of use etc

• Been around 12 hours and getting to peak time US time, so just thought I'd give a bump and see if anyone else has any suggestions!

• conceptconcept Member
    edited July 2023

I would look at
    serverastra.com
    svea.net
    privatealps.net
    vsys.host
    urdn.com.ua

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@RemoteStream said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@RemoteStream said:

@crunchbits said:

@RemoteStream said:

@CyberneticTitan said:

@ifreak said:

This.

I don't mind paying for MD2 if MD1 are pretty much EOL now, I know yourself maybe a little biased on speeds but someone else also said they have no problems with the 1gbps connection so it might be worth a try for me.

I see you deal in seedboxs but that doesn't necessarily means your DMCA ignored, my use case is reverse proxies, so no content would actually be on your service but you'll still receive copyright complaints for me, is that all good ?

I can't find anything while quickly scrolling through terms of use etc

MD1 will be added more only if the moon and stars align just right and it's just only thing we happen to have in hand lol.

We are Finnish business. DMCA is USA law. USA doesn't make Finnish nor European laws.

You, and Only You, are responsible to make certain you are within Your legal rights. We will NEVER take responsibility over your content, so please do not ask for that. That's all we can say about this.

Thanked by 1RemoteStream