Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NOCIX down - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NOCIX down

Comments

• All servers with Dedispec is still down :(

Thanked by 1pitbullrv
  • rcy026rcy026 Member

Looking at Nocix SLA, and I must say that it is pretty vague.

Server Availability. We strive to and anticipate that our Service will be available to you most of the time.

They do however offer some compensation.

Unplanned Disruption. In the event that there is an unplanned Service disruption, you may open a support ticket and request an Account credit to be issued for a prorated amount of your monthly invoice amount equal to the time of the Service disruption. For example: If you pay $60 per month for your server and it is unavailable for 24 hours (during a 30 day month) due to an unplanned service outage, you may request an account credit for $2. You understand that this is your sole remedy for an unplanned service outage.

• @rcy026 said:
    Looking at Nocix SLA, and I must say that it is pretty vague.

Server Availability. We strive to and anticipate that our Service will be available to you most of the time.

They do however offer some compensation.

Unplanned Disruption. In the event that there is an unplanned Service disruption, you may open a support ticket and request an Account credit to be issued for a prorated amount of your monthly invoice amount equal to the time of the Service disruption. For example: If you pay $60 per month for your server and it is unavailable for 24 hours (during a 30 day month) due to an unplanned service outage, you may request an account credit for $2. You understand that this is your sole remedy for an unplanned service outage.

$2 in return for losing billions. Blasphemous.

Thanked by 1WSWD
  • As per my ticket, all services have been restored.

My server has been online (colo) for the past 12 to 16 hours at this point. They stated in my ticket everything has "returned" to normal.

So you may want to check with them for an update?

• Hi Guys, im with more one server UP, but there a problem with one hard drive, im using the Sysrcd 4.3.1 to try to recovery, but this system rescue is too old..
    Lets try to push then to upgrade the system rescue..

• i think many servers are with hardware problems, like hard disk failing... but with this old dated system rescue is hard to get something done..

• edited July 2023

Yep, i tried another server, loading the system rescue, and now is ping works..

So i need help from you guys, try to push the upgrade of the system rescue iso, they are using a older version, from 2014.. lol

probably most of the servers are corrupted or a more serious problem.

two of my 2 servers
    dmesg | tail
    XFS (dm-2): Corruption detected. Unmount and run xfs_repair
    [ 320.820514] XFS (dm-2): SB validate failed with error 22.

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

Restore from your backups.

• sujeetsujeet Member

One server still offline and another server 4TB disk Not work.Last time maybe face some problem in 2017 and servers was down 60hours+

• coventcovent Member

MrRadic said:
    Restore from your backups.

This exactly. And when downtime like this happens, in case your site or other services are of any importance or business critical, you naturally have failover servers in another datacenter and preferably another region, which you take into use either manually or automatically.

• Still down, don't even know what they are doing

• @windytime90 said:
    Still down, don't even know what they are doing

Yeah, Nocix too, nobody answering my questions, just losing money...

• momkinmomkin Member

I had to leave wholesaleinternet years ago , because of repeated power outages , and when it happens it takes ages to restore it to normal.

The company is really unstable !!

• @momkin said:
    I had to leave wholesaleinternet years ago , because of repeated power outages , and when it happens it takes ages to restore it to normal.

wholesaleinternet, Dedispec, and Nocix are the same company?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited July 2023

@ratatuilekkk666 said:

@momkin said:

wholesaleinternet, Dedispec, and Nocix are the same company?

WSI and Nocix are, Dedispec is just a reseller.
    Same DC though.

Time to active your disaster recovery plan.

• theprothepro Member

Same DC though.

Which is the biggest among WSI, Nocix, and Dedispec?

• @thepro said:

Same DC though.

WSI/datashack are the former names of Nocix.

They probably just changed names due to the negative aura associated around the datashack name specifically.

• @SirFoxy said:

@thepro said:

Same DC though.

WSI/datashack are the former names of Nocix.

They probably just changed names due to the negative aura associated around the datashack name specifically.

Well, they will change again soon.. HAHA

funny, but sad man

• edited July 2023

After 3hours with no response.. i got a word..

They say ~i will note this on your ticket subject for the server to be scheduled for a reload to Sysrcd 9 (we're still working on getting 10 setup on our automated system)~

i believe with power outrage many file system has been corrupted.. i think a simple fsck, or xfs_repair for xfs file system will work..

is not feasible doing manually one by one, since they have a lot of clients, i believe..

I feel sorry for the people that work there.. lol

Thanked by 1SnowFields
  • @ratatuilekkk666 said:

They say ~i will note this on your ticket subject for the server to be scheduled for a reload to Sysrcd 9 (we're still working on getting 10 setup on our automated system)~

i believe with power outrage many file system has been corrupted.. i think a simple fsck, or xfs_repair for xfs file system will work..

is not feasible doing manually one by one, since they have a lot of clients, i believe..

my servers have finally come back to life, thankfully they are not really important to me

• I feel sorry for the people that work there.. lol> @SnowFields said:

@ratatuilekkk666 said:

my servers have finally come back to life, thankfully they are not really important to me

Ohh, nice, they had a hard disk problem?

• sujeetsujeet Member

My all servers also online ,Now wait for the disk replace.

• I didn't have to repair the disk or anything it just returned to normal. my ticket is still open with them which is odd.

I do feel for them, under some pressure. hopefully a full statement as to what failed will be released shortly

Thanked by 1pitbullrv
  • Update, they load System Rescue 9 for me, and with i'm recovering the files and makings backups..
    In one server, another server still dead, and no answer from support people..

:(

• @Dedispec: My servers are still offline, do you have any updates?

• Man, the last server the guy who is giving support is a pain in the ass, don't want to help..

Sad

• @ratatuilekkk666 said:
    Update, they load System Rescue 9 for me, and with i'm recovering the files and makings backups..

I use wholesaleinternet (same datacenter) I have two severs, one comes back yesterday, but another is dead, no Ping response. I have system rescue 9 as option for system load in my dead server. If I load dead server by sysrcd I'll abre to connect and save my files?

• @pitbullrv said:

@ratatuilekkk666 said:
    Update, they load System Rescue 9 for me, and with i'm recovering the files and makings backups..

I use wholesaleinternet (same datacenter) I have two severs, one comes back yesterday, but another is dead, no Ping response. I have system rescue 9 as option for system load in my dead server. If I load dead server by sysrcd I'll abre to connect and save my files?

yep, if your hard disk is not renkt you will be able to save your files.. i'm using rsync and passing the files to another server..

just list your drives with fdisk -l

and simple mount then

mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt

• my server has just vanished offline again.... this isn't looking good for them. Last time a Server provider done this to me was the days of SaidCom/Saidhost

I'm not holding my breath anymore

• HivelocityHivelocity Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2023

They mention on their site the following. https://www.nocix.net/facilities/

_Power

Our facility's power is fed with dual feeds from dual power grids on separate substations. Even buildings in downtown KC fed from multiple power grids are only fed from a single substation.

Temporary power is supplied by modular, online UPS systems. Our UPS systems are all N+1 redundant. The modular nature of the systems allows us to perform maintenance and correct UPS issues without the need to cut power to the servers. We have enough capacity to assure continuity of power to the entire facility. In addition, a separate UPS system maintains all critical networking infrastructure.

Backup power comes from an onsite generator farm. We operate both natural gas and diesel powered generators. In the case of diesel the generators can run for 48 hours without refueling. We maintain fuel contracts with multiple local companies to supply fuel. In the case of catastrophic event, we have access to over 20,000 gallons of fuel stored in close proximity to the DC._

Something seems off but maybe not; hopefully you all get a good explanation once things clear up. Lousy situation for sure. Good luck to everyone involved.