Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NOCIX down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NOCIX down

windytime90windytime90 Member
edited July 2023 in Outages

All of my servers with NOCIX/WSI are currently down. Got their update as below:

We've experienced a cascading power failure on both our A and B power feeds.
Our crews are working to restore power and we will update you again shortly.

Anyone has servers with them and experiencing the same issues?

Comments

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2023

Power outage in KC metro.

Google Fiber, for example, is also out in KC and I'm not certain that has anything to do with NOCIX unless they have infra with them or WSI.

Thanked by 1windytime90
  • Does NOCIX offer any Ddos protection? looking for US colo their prices are great

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@Harmony said:
    Does NOCIX offer any Ddos protection? looking for US colo their prices are great

We don't offer colo but have a rack in NOCIX and we'll be using CosmicGuard for protection (and eventually in our other US location(s))

• Nocix/WSI are notorious for power outages. I made a post a while back about it. Been happening for years.

Thanked by 1nick_
  • zako12zako12 Member

Anyone with WisHosting having downtime too? My VPS with them is in Missouri too so presumably they're impacted by the same power outage?

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited July 2023

@zako12 said:
    Anyone with WisHosting having downtime too? My VPS with them is in Missouri too so presumably they're impacted by the same power outage?

Nocix is indeed on the Kansas City, Missouri side of KC.

• edited July 2023

Misaka in KC is also out. Must have been one hell of a storm.

• atomiatomi Member

@zako12 said:

yes they are having issues as well.
    Funny thing is that their 4th of july special is in Missouri and its down

• Greencloudvps is down. Seems their website and vps. Are they in the same location?

• @tegralens said:
    Greencloudvps is down. Seems their website and vps. Are they in the same location?

I will start a new thread.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Friends don't let friends put prod in KC

• All data centers have generators.
    Why does the generator not work?
    We need a SLA . policy

• FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@keomut500 said:
    All data centers have generators.
    Why does the generator not work?
    We need a SLA . policy

Now I realize that in Romania we have generators from the future because our generator starts even when it does not stop the electricity supply (seriously speaking, the ATS starts when there are frequency/voltage fluctuations and that is quite crazy).

• Terrahost (Lightedge) , Joe's Datacenter, and Tierpoint all appear to be up and are all just a few miles around NOCIX.

• AK_KWHAK_KWH Member, Patron Provider

Nocix is restoring the Power Back few of our servers came back online but still few of them are offline hopefully they will restore it in a while

Thanked by 1Calin
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

AS200690 lost our upstream AS21738 that is in WholeSaleInternet facility.
    We are not losing millions because my BGP network is redundant, just like my push-ups delivery network.

• August is back up, seems to be restoring power.

• all my servers are still offline on nocix for 6 hours

• rdesrdes Member

One of my three servers with them came up 2 hours ago, but now is down again.

• RFordRFord Member

Mine has been down for ten and a half hours. Anyone else still down?

• rdesrdes Member

My three servers are up now but still randomly unreachable from some networks/DCs.

Thanked by 1RFord
  • rdesrdes Member

Everything seems to be up and working now.

• RFordRFord Member

Mine still down.

• Mine with them are up, but servers with @Dedispec are still down.

Thanked by 1RFord
  • RFordRFord Member

I think this is the longest downtime I've had since a certain hosting company loaded all the servers onto trucks and drove them to a new site in Nevada or somewhere.

It's a very cheap dedi but I'm going to have to cancel. Unfortunately I paid well in advance for another month which hasn't started yet.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @RFord said:
    I think this is the longest downtime I've had since a certain hosting company loaded all the servers onto trucks and drove them to a new site in Nevada or somewhere.

It's a very cheap dedi but I'm going to have to cancel. Unfortunately I paid well in advance for another month which hasn't started yet.

So you are having server still down with Dedispec, too?

• RFordRFord Member

With NOCIX. Network connection problem according to Cloudflare and the same on SSH into the server too. Down for more than 13 hours according to Uptime Robot. I have just moved the one website that was on the server.

• @RFord said:

I have 5 servers at nocix, I'm going to cancel them all

it was the most downtime I've ever had, almost 11 hours of downtime.

nocix forgets to pay for a few minutes, has to pay an additional $5, with all this inactivity how are we?

not even the ETA page felt like doing it

the impression I have is that they don't care, they think we have competitive prices, that's the price you pay.

i got 8 clients canceled the server with me

some joked asking if the server was hosted in my bedroom

• July 6, 23hrs offline..

I have about 5 servers too and, just one is back online..

No info via support tickets and nothing..

Thanked by 1RFord
  • DamoHGDamoHG Member, Patron Provider

Is it just dedicated servers still down or does anyone still have colo services offline?