Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High Frequency Modern Fast CPU VPS Hosts on LET
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

High Frequency Modern Fast CPU VPS Hosts on LET

MerakithMerakith Barred
edited July 2023 in General

Hi,

I am creating a list of web hosts on LET that offer fast, high-frequency, modern CPU-based VPS. These VPSs are particularly suitable for WordPress/PHP-based applications due to PHP's highly single-threaded nature.

Here is my list of hosts in random order. I use many hosts from the following list and I am satisfied with them. Please feel free to add yours as well.

• AlphaVPS (Ryzen 7000 and 5000)
  • CrownClown (Ryzen 7000 and 5000)
  • GreenCloud VPS (Ryzen 5000 in some promotional offers)
  • Speedypage (Ryzen 7000 and 5000)
  • HostBrr (Ryzen 7000 and 5000)
  • HostCram (i9 11900K)
  • Atomic Network (Ryzen 7000)
  • Space Hosting (Ryzen 5000)
  • Low Hosting (Ryzen 5000)
  • Liga Hosting (Intel 13th gen and Ryzen 5000)
  • Hostiko (Ryzen 7000 and 5000)
  • Hostaris (Ryzen 7000 and 5000)
  • LuxVPS (Ryzen 5000)
  • ExtraVM (Ryzen 5000 and 3000)
  • Hybula (Ryzen 7000)

Comments

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2023

@Merakith said:
    These VPSs are particularly suitable for WordPress/PHP-based applications due to PHP's highly single-threaded nature.

Are you sure about that? If you're using something like php-fpm requests will usually be processed independently, using multiple threads (just a single thread per request usually). So, probably less difference than you expect.

Plus, you're going to see differences in stability and memory performance with consumer hardware than server grade hardware. As an example, a good old chunk of Ryzen hardware doesn't support redundant PSUs etc.

About 10-15 years ago I was also interested in single core performance but realistically I think it's less of a concern now.

• @jackb said: Are you sure about that? If you're using something like php-fpm requests will usually be processed independently, using multiple threads (just a single thread per request usually). So, probably less difference than you expect.

Yes, I am sure. I have noticed a difference in the last six months after replacing all the existing VPSes with faster CPUs.

You can read and check the benchmarks here.

https://makeitwork.press/fast-cpu-fast-wordpress-performance/

https://haydenjames.io/php-performance-additional-cpu-cores-vs-faster-cpu-cores/

• ifreakifreak Member

@jackb said:

@Merakith said:
    These VPSs are particularly suitable for WordPress/PHP-based applications due to PHP's highly single-threaded nature.

Are you sure about that? If you're using something like php-fpm requests will usually be processed independently, using multiple threads (just a single thread per request usually). So, probably less difference than you expect.

Plus, you're going to see differences in stability and memory performance with consumer hardware than server grade hardware. As an example, a good old chunk of Ryzen hardware doesn't support redundant PSUs etc.

php-fpm doesn't matter much. the php can still only process using one core per request. modern php is actually capable of asynchronous handling of events, with the usage of modern frontends that makes multiple calls at once. for most old crap you really benefit with higher frequency CPUs like in the old days.

Thanked by 2Merakith emgh
  • MerakithMerakith Barred
    edited July 2023

@jackb said: Plus, you're going to see differences in stability and memory performance with consumer hardware than server grade hardware. As an example, a good old chunk of Ryzen hardware doesn't support redundant PSUs etc.

Yes, this is an interesting point you have highlighted. I guess the modern CPUs (7000 series and 12/13th gen) might have taken care of?

@jackb said: About 10-15 years ago I was also interested in single core performance but realistically I think it's less of a concern now.

Yes, modern EPYC and Xen have decent single core performance now a days. Probably close to Ryzen 3000 series and we might see 5000 series level single score performance from the next gen.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited July 2023

Woah, someone did research before asking what else.

Terrahost also runs some Ryzens, at least I have 5950X in Norway.
    There is also VirMach with Ryzen 3/5 :D

BuyVM runs Ryzen 3(5?) too

However for making this list useful I guess you want to put location too - there is no reason to go Ryzen 7000 epyc omg wtf fast in Australia when 99.5% of your visitors is in Europe - you will save 30 ms on rendering page, but add extra 120 ms network latency.

Thanked by 2Merakith nick_
  • @JabJab Thanks! I'll make a thorough comparison with locations available soon.

• JustHostJustHost Member, Patron Provider

I have just made my first offers post for VPS, Our nodes use Ryzen 9 5950X

Thanked by 1Merakith
  • darkimmortaldarkimmortal Member
    edited July 2023

@jackb said:

@Merakith said:

About 10-15 years ago I was also interested in single core performance but realistically I think it's less of a concern now.

No amount of cores will make a page load faster - single core perf is still important. To multithread within a request requires a set of skills and tech stack that are rarely found in web dev

Thanked by 1Merakith
  • batucloud also use ryzen 7950x

Thanked by 1Merakith
  • emghemgh Member

Having had experience with optimizing WordPress sites with badly made plugins & themes, single core perf. definitely matters, and it matters a lot.

Thanked by 1Merakith
  • Second host in my list is CrownCloud and not CrowdCloud. I hope the mods will correct it. Thank you!

Thanked by 1SpeedBus
  • jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@darkimmortal said:
    No amount of cores will make a page load faster - single core perf is still important. To multithread within a request requires a set of skills and tech stack that are rarely found in web dev

It will if the request is pending waiting for a worker to be free to process it. That particular delay can be tackled with more cores.

• emghemgh Member

@Merakith said:
    Second host in my list is CrownCloud and not CrowdCloud. I hope the mods will correct it. Thank you!

Pro tip: Report your own post and just provide the exact thing that you want changed and exactly to what you’d like it changed

Thanked by 2SpeedBus Merakith
  • emghemgh Member

@jackb said:

@darkimmortal said:

It will if the request is pending waiting for a worker to be free to process it. That particular delay can be tackled with more cores.

Sure, for high traffic sites. But for most, i.e not very high traffic but bloated, the time for each request is largely dependant on single core performance (as well as memory caching pages and components that can be).

• ShakibShakib Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2023

We have plans to get 15th gen Intel on Q3 2024. (192 GB RAM nodes)

Possible free upgrade for everyone.

• crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@Merakith said:
    Hi,

I am creating a list of web hosts on LET that offer fast, high-frequency, modern CPU-based VPS. These VPSs are particularly suitable for WordPress/PHP-based applications due to PHP's highly single-threaded nature.

Here is my list of hosts in random order. I use many hosts from the following list and I am satisfied with them. Please feel free to add yours as well.

• CrowdClown (Ryzen 7000 and 5000)
    • HostCram (i9 11900K)
    • LuxVPS (Ryzen 5000)
    • Hybula (Ryzen 7000)

They're not in-stock quite yet (idea was a 4th sale, might be 4th + 1-2 days sale depending on webdesigner) but we also have:

• 5950X VPS (+HDD)
    • 7950X(DDR5) VDS (+HDD)
    • i7-10500T / i7-12700T(DDR5) VPS+VDS
    • Higher clock speed Xeon Scalable VDS (2.7GHz base)

Your links are great--we got started down this path when some users graciously donated their time to test/benchmark stuff and help shape certain product offerings.

Thanked by 1Merakith
  • emghemgh Member

@crunchbits said:

@Merakith said:
    Hi,

• HostCram (i9 11900K)
    • LuxVPS (Ryzen 5000)
    • Hybula (Ryzen 7000)

They're not in-stock quite yet (idea was a 4th sale, might be 4th + 1-2 days sale depending on webdesigner) but we also have:

• 5950X VPS (+HDD)
    • 7950X(DDR5) VDS (+HDD)

Your links are great--we got started down this path when some users graciously donated their time to test/benchmark stuff and help shape certain product offerings.

https://my.crunchbits.com/store/high-frequency-vps/4gb-hf-vps

My iPhone with Safari show a strong distaste for your SSL certificate

@emgh said:

@crunchbits said:

@Merakith said:
    Hi,

• HostCram (i9 11900K)
    • LuxVPS (Ryzen 5000)
    • Hybula (Ryzen 7000)

• 5950X VPS (+HDD)
    • 7950X(DDR5) VDS (+HDD)

That is because It's doing a dirty WR to https://get.crunchbits.com. The (new) main website was supposed to be deployed ~Friday to coincide with the updated billing platform and address change--if we don't get it today I'll likely have to just roll something temporary out/update links.

• emghemgh Member

@crunchbits said:

@emgh said:

@crunchbits said:

@Merakith said:
    Hi,

• HostCram (i9 11900K)
    • LuxVPS (Ryzen 5000)
    • Hybula (Ryzen 7000)

• 5950X VPS (+HDD)
    • 7950X(DDR5) VDS (+HDD)

That is because It's doing a dirty WR to https://get.crunchbits.com. The (new) main website was supposed to be deployed ~Friday to coincide with the updated billing platform and address change--if we don't get it today I'll likely have to just roll something temporary out/update links.

I love it when you’re dirty

Thanked by 1crunchbits

@emgh said:

We've been saving it all up, anxiously throbbing with anticipation at the new offerings and one-of-a-kind swag.

Will be fun to unleash all over LET once again.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@crunchbits said:

@emgh said:

We've been saving it all up, anxiously throbbing with anticipation at the new offerings and one-of-a-kind swag.

When you’re ready to provide, we’re ready to swallow.

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • @emgh said:

@crunchbits said:

Yikes :(

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @costcotravel said:

you have my second favorite LET name, right behind @beverage

Thanked by 2emgh costcotravel
  • emghemgh Member

@costcotravel said:

@emgh said:

@crunchbits said:

What? As in, order their good deals

• febryanvaldofebryanvaldo Member
    edited July 2023

Yeah, Ryzen is still faster than EPYC in Single Core performance, i don't know about stability though, but so far, i have been using @speedypage SG (5950X) and @Hybula NL (7950X), and it's rock solid so far, no downtime.

This is Speedypage uptime, solid so far, i know it's just 4 months, but yeah, 100% uptime. There was maintenance update on April, just 5 mins.

Maybe you can add Madcityservers , i personally never used and benchmarked them, but it's looks like they are on Ryzen lineup too, pretty like Speedypage. Pricing also very decent.

https://www.madcityservers.com/index.php?rp=/store/servers

Thanked by 1Merakith
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2023

Edit: Accidentally posted on wrong thread.

• @febryanvaldo said: Maybe you can add Madcityservers , i personally never used and benchmarked them, but it's looks like they are on Ryzen lineup too, pretty like Speedypage. Pricing also very decent.

stay away from Madcityservers (previous name was Hotlineservers)
    He is scammer.
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3374698/#Comment_3374698

• @Samidare said: stay away from Madcityservers (previous name was Hotlineservers)
    He is scammer.

Ah okay, i don't know about it. Thanks for the info.

• LeviLevi Member

OP looking for 6GHz+ per thread.