Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking Storage Server for Jellyfin Media - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking Storage Server for Jellyfin Media

13»

Comments

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited July 2023

@tedtomato said:

@SirFoxy said:

@tedtomato said:
    I use iDrive e2 for my Jellyfin media files. Mounted as a folder using rclone. No issues whatsoever with streaming. The actual VPS is with Oracle OCI, in a completely different region.

iDrive e2 is now $20 a year for 1TB storage, with a promotion of $10 for the first year.

Public Linux ISOs?

???

Lol the media on iDrive that you’re streaming via Oracle & Jellyfin, are you using public trackers to fill it, or private? (Or Usenet?)

• tedtomatotedtomato Member
    edited July 2023

@SirFoxy said:

@tedtomato said:

@SirFoxy said:

@tedtomato said:
    I use iDrive e2 for my Jellyfin media files. Mounted as a folder using rclone. No issues whatsoever with streaming. The actual VPS is with Oracle OCI, in a completely different region.

iDrive e2 is now $20 a year for 1TB storage, with a promotion of $10 for the first year.

Public Linux ISOs?

???

Lol the media on iDrive that you’re streaming via Oracle & Jellyfin, are you using public trackers to fill it, or private? (Or Usenet?)

What's the relevance? And why would I put Public Linux ISOs on Jellyfin to stream??? It's a media streaming server...

• @tedtomato said:

@SirFoxy said:

@tedtomato said:

@SirFoxy said:

@tedtomato said:

Public Linux ISOs?

???

What's the relevance? And why would I put Public Linux ISOs on Jellyfin to steam???

Jesus christ lmao never mind

• @bandito said:
    you can buy any cheap vps, for example the NAT 6$/year from ihostart, and get 1fichier premium for 3.5$ a month which offers unlimited storage, you just need to touch the files in order for them to stay in hot storage, you can make a simple script for that.

Would you be able to provide details on the script?
    How's the streaming performance? Do you mount it via Rclone?

• @YukonBlonde said:

@bandito said:
    you can buy any cheap vps, for example the NAT 6$/year from ihostart, and get 1fichier premium for 3.5$ a month which offers unlimited storage, you just need to touch the files in order for them to stay in hot storage, you can make a simple script for that.

Would you be able to provide details on the script?
    How's the streaming performance? Do you mount it via Rclone?

streaming performance depends on vps but on cheap nat vpses you can't expect encoding, in order for files to stay in hot storage they need to be "touched" aka moved/downloaded (doesn't matter how much, can be 1 byte), and yes you mount it via rclone