Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking Storage Server for Jellyfin Media - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking Storage Server for Jellyfin Media

Comments

• conceptconcept Member
    edited June 2023

They have streaming plans too.
    Also if you are looking for US location, Whatbox.ca has it.

• RUSSRUSS Member

@concept said:

They have streaming plans too.
    Also if you are looking for US location, Whatbox.ca has it.

singapore also ok for me

• acidpukeacidpuke Member
    edited June 2023

I would go for the there 2TB plan as concept recommended only $15 .. excellent provider, they will make it real easy to setup your Jellyfin

https://whatbox.ca/plans

• Yeah, you need to get a more expensive plan

Thanked by 1RUSS
  • VoidVoid Member

@RUSS said:

@concept said:
    I would just buy a seedbox.

which provider?

I have been using spaceberg.cc seedbox for a couple of weeks now. Using Plex for streaming and So far, so good even for 4K files. And you get double storage and other perks for the ongoing promotion on OGF/Discord

2 vCores (Gold 6226R, 3.90 GHz)
    1 GB RAM (ECC)
    1 TB HDD (NVMe Cached)
    50 Gbit/s. 5 TB (Outgoing. Upload capped on 5 Gbit/s)
    €6/m

There are some controversies surrounding the provider so do your due diligence. Besides they have PayPal and has monthly billing for extra peace of mind.

• RUSSRUSS Member

@jmaxwell said:

@RUSS said:

@concept said:

which provider?

I have been using spaceberg.cc seedbox for a couple of weeks now. Using Plex for streaming and So far, so good even for 4K files. And you get double storage and other perks for the ongoing promotion on OGF/Discord

1 GB RAM (ECC)
    1 TB HDD (NVMe Cached)
    €6/m

There are some controversies surrounding the provider so do your due diligence. Besides they have PayPal and has monthly billing for extra peace of mind.

send me order link on this plan.

• VoidVoid Member

@RUSS said:

@jmaxwell said:

@RUSS said:

@concept said:

which provider?

1 GB RAM (ECC)
    1 TB HDD (NVMe Cached)
    €6/m

• RUSSRUSS Member

@jmaxwell said:

@RUSS said:

@jmaxwell said:

@RUSS said:

@concept said:

which provider?

1 GB RAM (ECC)
    1 TB HDD (NVMe Cached)
    €6/m

Out of Stock

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

Look no further, here you go:
    https://pulsedmedia.com/minidedi-dedicated-servers-finland.php

As a VPS, 3dedi cores, not that much storage, unlimited storage?
    Not sure you can find that balance.

• RUSSRUSS Member

@PulsedMedia said:

over priced, 5-6$ monthly is ok for me.

• you can buy any cheap vps, for example the NAT 6$/year from ihostart, and get 1fichier premium for 3.5$ a month which offers unlimited storage, you just need to touch the files in order for them to stay in hot storage, you can make a simple script for that.

Thanked by 2spitfire YukonBlonde
  • tetechtetech Member

@RUSS said:

@PulsedMedia said:

"3CPU (Not Shared)" and "5-6$ monthly" are not compatible, unless very old CPU.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@tetech said:

@RUSS said:

@PulsedMedia said:

"3CPU (Not Shared)" and "5-6$ monthly" are not compatible, unless very old CPU.

not even then -> Electricity.

Say 6 cores of decade old could consume 130W, 6cores modern might be 35W for same performance.

65W == already over his budget. hell even 32.5W (65W CPU) probably is on most datacenters.

• RUSSRUSS Member

Budget now 10$

• emghemgh Member

@RUSS said:
    Budget now 10$

https://avoro.eu/en/nvme-vserver/

2 dedicated cores

10 €

however, not suitable for recieving DMCA

you should just direct stream, skip transcoding fully (disable), only download what you can direct stream, and get a cheap DMCA ignored VPS with enough storage to keep a show or two

you're wasting your time looking for 3 dedicated cores, lots of storage, in Singapore, for $10 - you won't find it

• RUSSRUSS Member

@emgh said:

@RUSS said:
    Budget now 10$

2 dedicated cores

10 €

you should just direct stream, skip transcoding fully (disable), only download what you can direct stream, and get a cheap DMCA ignored VPS with enough storage to keep a show or two

you're wasting your time looking for 3 dedicated cores, lots of storage, in Singapore, for $10 - you won't find it

40 GB NVMe-SSD only

• emghemgh Member

@RUSS said:

@emgh said:

@RUSS said:
    Budget now 10$

2 dedicated cores

10 €

40 GB NVMe-SSD only

I was showing you how it's not possible, I wrote that they're not suitable anyway

• RUSSRUSS Member

recently i have ordered vps on buyvm, they refund money, and said Payment details mismatch - Account name/Email.
    before order i have contacted them via live chat to asking this, they didn't reply/answer.

• AytchAytch Member

Did you use a VPN and / or fake details when signing up? As that's the most common reason to flag an order.

• @hampered said:
    You don't need SSD for Jellyfin which might make it easier to find something.

For what it's worth, it really helps to have local SSD/NVMe for the metadata, loading a bunch of very small files off of HDD sort of destroys your performance. Only really matters on large libraries though.

Thanked by 1RUSS
  • RUSSRUSS Member

@Aytch said:
    Did you use a VPN and / or fake details when signing up? As that's the most common reason to flag an order.

no, normally i have placed order

• RUSSRUSS Member

anyone help me, i bought storage vps from hosthatch, so RAM is 1GB now i'm able to use jellyfin on it? or i need to add more ram?

• VoidVoid Member

@RUSS said:
    anyone help me, i bought storage vps from hosthatch, so RAM is 1GB now i'm able to use jellyfin on it? or i need to add more ram?

Try Plex with transcoding off. Jellyfin won’t let you do that I believe

• RUSSRUSS Member

@jmaxwell said:

@RUSS said:

Try Plex with transcoding off. Jellyfin won’t let you do that I believe

i can add more RAM or i'll buy another vps, and i'll do hosthatch mount on it.

• emghemgh Member

HostHatch does not ignore DMCA

• RUSSRUSS Member

@emgh said:
    HostHatch does not ignore DMCA

reverse proxy?

• SiliCloudSiliCloud Member, Patron Provider, LIR

Hi,

We have storage plan:
    https://www.silicloud.com/activity/vps

If you want customization, feel free pm me.

Sincerely,
    SICloud,

• I use iDrive e2 for my Jellyfin media files. Mounted as a folder using rclone. No issues whatsoever with streaming. The actual VPS is with Oracle OCI, in a completely different region.

iDrive e2 is now $20 a year for 1TB storage, with a promotion of $10 for the first year.

• @tedtomato said:
    I use iDrive e2 for my Jellyfin media files. Mounted as a folder using rclone. No issues whatsoever with streaming. The actual VPS is with Oracle OCI, in a completely different region.

iDrive e2 is now $20 a year for 1TB storage, with a promotion of $10 for the first year.

Public Linux ISOs?

• @SirFoxy said:

@tedtomato said:
    I use iDrive e2 for my Jellyfin media files. Mounted as a folder using rclone. No issues whatsoever with streaming. The actual VPS is with Oracle OCI, in a completely different region.

Public Linux ISOs?

???