Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best AI Program for Re-writing News Articles?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best AI Program for Re-writing News Articles?

edited June 2023 in General

I'm looking at 3 possible AI Programs for re-writing news articles. I wondered which looks better but open to new suggestions for a different AI. I have paid to use an AP-Wire service if I re-write the news articles:

https://writesonic.com
or
https://codecanyon.net/item/aikit-wordpress-ai-writing-assistant-using-gpt3/40507643
or
https://getgenie.ai/

Thanks

Comments

• This review of above "Writesonic":
    https://getgenie.ai/writesonic-vs-rytr-vs-getgenie/

Claims:
    "Writesonic is an AI writer that comes with a WordPress plugin only to publish content with a single click. On the other hand, GetGenie is the single plugin available in the market that can create and optimize content in WordPress. Lastly, Rytr is not available in the WordPress ecosystem."

I don't really understand the advantages of GetGenie if Writersonic does have a WordPress plugin?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

What is the purpose of "re-writing news articles", and is that really something that the world needs you to do?

• malignifymalignify Member
    edited June 2023

@rm_ said:
    What is the purpose of "re-writing news articles", and is that really something that the world needs you to do?

It sounds like someone who wants to publish stolen news articles and content but doesn't want it to appear too obvious.

• @rm_ said:

I have a paid subscription to an Associated Press (AP) wire service but can't leave the news articles in the same wordage as original. The paid subscription method is how most news portals get some of their news, through the A.P. or Reuters.

• @malignify said:

@rm_ said:

It sounds like someone who wants to publish stolen news articles and content but doesn't want it to appear too obvious.

Nope, the paid subscription method is how most news portals/Newspapers get some of their news, through the A.P. or Reuters.

• You’re doing journalism wrong.

Greetings,
    A graduated journalist (not kidding!)

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@Offshore_Solutions said: Nope, the paid subscription method is how most news portals/Newspapers get some of their news, through the A.P. or Reuters.

And they hire journalists, or writers to do the 'article generation'...

Thanked by 2webcraft DennisdeWit
  • VoidVoid Member

@DennisdeWit said:
    You’re doing journalism wrong.

Greetings,

What journalism lol 😆
    What OP is trying to do sounds very much like what is popularly known as “A.I Autoblog” or something like that. Basically they pick a dropped domain with high DA, backlinks etc, steal content ahem..get news via paid subscription from other websites and spin/rewrite them using those tools to avoid detection by search engines(apparently they don’t like A.I content) and keep posting, mostly all automated.

• @jmaxwell said:

@DennisdeWit said:
    You’re doing journalism wrong.

Greetings,

What journalism lol 😆
    What OP is trying to do sounds very much like what is popularly known as “A.I Autoblog” or something like that. Basically they pick a dropped domain with high DA, backlinks etc, steal content ahem..get news via paid subscription from other websites and spin/rewrite them using those tools to avoid detection by search engines(apparently they don’t like A.I content) and keep posting, mostly all automated.

Yeah, and that’s exactly not what AP or Reuters is meant for. It is meant to share news firsthand to journalists / editors, who will try to find an interesting angle, find new sources and add value to it. Why would you read a website on someone’s auto-generated site when you can read it at CNN, BBC or Google News? I understand we are in an era now that everything seems to be generated by AI, but that doesn’t mean we can stop adding value to news.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited June 2023

Subscribe to @skorupion life.
    $10/hour generates one article in better quality than any AI.
    https://clients.kivobytes.com/index.php/order/main/packages/services/?group_id=10

• VoidVoid Member

@yoursunny said:
    https://clients.kivobytes.com/index.php/order/main/packages/services/?group_id=10

I.T services only? Otherwise hire him to do butt naked push-ups in mud

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@jmaxwell said: What OP is trying to do sounds very much like what is popularly known as “A.I Autoblog” or something like that. Basically they pick a dropped domain with high DA, backlinks etc, steal content ahem..get news via paid subscription from other websites and spin/rewrite them using those tools to avoid detection by search engines(apparently they don’t like A.I content) and keep posting, mostly all automated.

This. It was lame when people did it with WP-Robot back in the day. It's lame now. It's also not an effective strategy. You don't need a lot of deep thought to understand why.

@Offshore_Solutions what happened to...

After all the windmills you've tilted at, stooping to auto-spinning news articles seems disappointingly pedestrian. If you're on new meds, go off them and get back to your strength.

• emghemgh Member

As @raindog308 said above, this is way too late

Article spinning was regarded as a stone age SEO method when I was active in that line of work

And even that was a long time ago

• ErisaErisa Member

@raindog308 said: Your shoe business?

I'm disappointed that this is the one that's removed. I want to hear about the shoe business!

Thanked by 1Void

@jmaxwell said:

@yoursunny said:

I.T services only? Otherwise hire him to do butt naked push-ups in mud

If you get the video produced, I'll publish it.

Thanked by 1Void
  • edited June 2023

@raindog308 said:
    After all the windmills you've tilted at, stooping to auto-spinning news articles seems disappointingly pedestrian. If you're on new meds, go off them and get back to your strength.

Been a local town journalist for 6 years. Not a windmill, not a change in direction.

Excited to try adding ChatGPT AI technology to my Associated Pess re-writes on national stories so I can focus on writing original local news stories.

In a small town, they care about the local stories so I want to see if AI can handle the lower priority National news.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

Every time I google something and get an obviously half-assed, AI written article with a story and page and a half of fluff before the actual content I get one step closer to selling everything I own and building a cabin in the woods.

• edited June 2023

@Erisa said:
    I'm disappointed that this is the one that's removed. I want to hear about the shoe business!

4 years ago, I tried to get a Trademark on a shoe brand for the pure fun of it, no serious intentions. My Trademark application was opposed by both the Carolina Panthers football team and the NFL.

According to my attorney, you can sometimes spend enough to reach an agreeable compromise with those opposing your trademark so they feel comfortable with a limited Trademark. I had no chance with the NFL and it was game over.

• @MannDude said:
    Every time I google something and get an obviously half-assed, AI written article with a story and page and a half of fluff, I get one step closer to selling everything I own and building a cabin in the woods.

Out of curiosity, do you have an example of such an annoying AI article?

Would it be cool if the newest ChatGPT 4.0 AI can get us closer to a "human-like" article?

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited June 2023

NO!

Google has already been ruined by stupid fucking sites that generate useless shit.

@Offshore_Solutions said:

@rm_ said:

I have a paid subscription to an Associated Press (AP) wire service but can't leave the news articles in the same wordage as original. The paid subscription method is how most news portals get some of their news, through the A.P. or Reuters.

That's likely still copyright infringement.

edited June 2023

@raindog308 said:

@jmaxwell said: What OP is trying to do sounds very much like what is popularly known as “A.I Autoblog” or something like that. Basically they pick a dropped domain with high DA, backlinks etc, steal content ahem..get news via paid subscription from other websites and spin/rewrite them using those tools to avoid detection by search engines(apparently they don’t like A.I content) and keep posting, mostly all automated.

This. It was lame when people did it with WP-Robot back in the day. It's lame now. It's also not an effective strategy. You don't need a lot of deep thought to understand why.

@Offshore_Solutions what happened to...

Hmm, I thought that dinosaurs page was ai generated and used "Timothy Jones" as author as some sort of dig at me at the time. Just a bad coincidence? Or first AI shit he did?

@Offshore_Solutions said: local town journalist

What news outlet or newspaper do you write for?

@Offshore_Solutions said: In a small town, they care about the local stories so I want to see if AI can handle the lower priority National news.

Why? These people don't have the Internet? C'mon man, you're trying to get search engine views for advertising, which is probably going to be a revenue realization far less than you're paying the AP feed.

How much does the AP news feed cost?

@TimboJones said: Hmm, I thought that dinosaurs page was ai generated and used "Timothy Jones" as author as some sort of dig at me at the time. Just a bad coincidence? Or first AI shit he did?

He's outed his real name when he referenced Symbol of Trust LLC, so no...

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @Offshore_Solutions said:

@raindog308 said:

Been a local town journalist for 6 years.

I call shenanigans. No journalist would have such ignorance of stolen and unattributed material.

Thanked by 1ahnlak
  • @Offshore_Solutions said:

@MannDude said:
    Every time I google something and get an obviously half-assed, AI written article with a story and page and a half of fluff, I get one step closer to selling everything I own and building a cabin in the woods.

Out of curiosity, do you have an example of such an annoying AI article?

Would it be cool if the newest ChatGPT 4.0 AI can get us closer to a "human-like" article?

Google "windows bsod" and half the first results are ai generated shit sites like minitool.

Thanked by 1Offshore_Solutions
  • @TimboJones said:

The license I receive by paying the subscription allows me to use the articles from the wire service. No copyright infringement.

With thousands of subscribers to the same AP-wire service, I need to re-write these articles to avoid Google's penalty.

edited June 2023

@TimboJones said:

The license I receive by paying the subscription allows me to use the articles from the wire service. No copyright infringement.

With thousands of subscribers to the same AP-wire service, I need to re-write these articles to avoid Google's penalty.

Are you sure you're allowed to take their story and change it without attribution? If so, the AP service lawyer should be fired.

• edited June 2023

@TimboJones said:
    Are you sure you're allowed to take their story and change it without attribution? If so, the AP service lawyer should be fired.

You're correct, at the bottom must appear your source, such as, "From the Associated Press."

What news outlet or newspaper do you write for?

You say you're a local journalist.

edited June 2023

@TimboJones said:

User-Agent: *
    Disallow: /national-news

Only allow Google to index local news section written by local journalists, but not national news section syndicated from Associated Press.
    Problem solved.

Thanked by 1Offshore_Solutions