Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where to find hosts that are selling their business?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where to find hosts that are selling their business?

edited March 2022 in General

Where do you find hosts that are for sale?
Maybe there's a website? I'm sometimes dubious of hosts for sale at Flippa.

Comments

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

Contact them privately.

Thanked by 1Offshore_Solutions
  • SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider

@Offshore_Solutions said:
    Maybe there's a website? I'm sometimes dubious of hosts for sale at Flippa.

Speaking from personal experience: Most of the offers you will get are dubious or unsustainable or overpriced. Takes looking at a metric ton of offers to pick out one or two small gems.

• DazzleDazzle Member
    edited March 2022

Uhm...

• edited March 2022

@SGraf said:
    Speaking from personal experience: Most of the offers you will get are dubious or unsustainable or overpriced. Takes looking at a metric ton of offers to pick out one or two small gems.

Thank you Sir.

• abytecuriousabytecurious Member
    edited March 2022

Not sure if many providers would advertise that they are selling. I would suggest look for companies that are a single person show. That could be a way to narrow down.

• EthernetServersEthernetServers Member, Patron Provider

I remember reading about https://hostflippers.com/ a while back. Looks like there's currently only three businesses for sale over there.

• @SGraf said:

Maybe there's a website? I'm sometimes dubious of hosts for sale a

@EthernetServers said:
    I remember reading about https://hostflippers.com/ a while back. Looks like there's currently only three businesses for sale over there.

Huge prices on those 3 hosts on that site

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • jonathanjonathan Member, LIR
    edited March 2022

You can try https://www.bizbuysell.com/

The built-in search function on the website is abysmal. You are better off using Google to search the website for listings. Just now, I could not find any web hosting companies for sale through the website's search feature but doing a search via Google yielded multiple active listings.

• edited March 2022

@jonathan said:
    You can try https://www.bizbuysell.com/

The built-in search function on the website is abysmal. You are better off using Google to search the website for listings. Just now, I could not find any web hosting companies for sale through the website's search feature but doing a search via Google yielded multiple active listings.

Thank you Sir! 😊
    A good recommendation

Is anyone like me and wish the hosts going out of business had at least tried to post their business for sale before closing?

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited March 2022

Is anyone like me and wish the hosts going out of business had at least tried to post their business for sale before closing?

Absolutely. Makes no sense to me to just close up shop. At the very least the domain name and client database has value.

~ SMARTHOST

• @SmartHost said:

Absolutely. Makes no sense to me to just close up shop. At the very least the domain name and client database has value.

~ SMARTHOST

By the way, I loved Burst.net, was a small customer of yours.