Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you hosted forum site at home (att,resident network) so the people in the neighborhood can chat - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Have you hosted forum site at home (att,resident network) so the people in the neighborhood can chat

2»

Comments

• dont.
    seriously, dont, been there done that, everything ended in a big political fight and the admin was forced to delete the group, nothing was the same afterwards.

• momomomomomo Member

@Otus9051 said:
    dont.
    seriously, dont, been there done that, everything ended in a big political fight and the admin was forced to delete the group, nothing was the same afterwards.

haha, what political ? or everything is is political. share any technical tips please.

• @momomo said:
    Have you hosted forum site at home (att, resident network) so the people (know personally) in the neighborhood can chat, share, ...
    1. share the home public ip?
    2. cloudflare tunnel?
    3. suggestion, please.

In high school, we had an IRC channel for our town. It was basically a power trip for the mods and shat on regular users. I'd hope adults would be better, but there's petty people everywhere.

Thanked by 1kait
  • AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

@bdl said:

@Andreix said:
    well, if you already have a 24/7 pc up... then sure, I guess you could throw some LAMP/XAMPP stack there and knock yourself up.

knocking yourself out would be preferable to knocking yourself up :)

You have no ideea how many of those I made since I started to use SwiftKey keyboard....

Thanked by 1bdl
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@momomo said: yes. My concern is that, is att ok with that

I'm sure their TOS is available to you but my guess would be no.

@yoursunny said: During the next construction project in your neighborhood, place a USB drive when the concrete is being poured, with the USB plug left out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_dead_drop

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • bdlbdl Member

@Andreix said:

@bdl said:

@Andreix said:
    well, if you already have a 24/7 pc up... then sure, I guess you could throw some LAMP/XAMPP stack there and knock yourself up.

knocking yourself out would be preferable to knocking yourself up :)

You have no ideea how many of those I made since I started to use SwiftKey keyboard....

I find with SwiftKey it helps clearing your personal dictionary every few weeks otherwise it's suggestions get really stupid :) not sure why, though.

Thanked by 1Andreix