Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MxRoute whitelabel?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MxRoute whitelabel?

Hello,

Is MxRoute reseller white label?

Including hostname, IP, email headers etc..

Regards

MX RESELLER
  1. Is MxRoute reseller whitelabel?24 votes
    1. Yes
      45.83%
    2. No
      54.17%

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2023

Doing white label on IPs for mailing is a really bad idea. I got a whole /24 blacklisted with spamhaus in a couple hours last time I tried that. Aged forward confirmed reverse DNS is worth header inspectors knowing you didn’t roll your own outbound relays, that’s key to everything I do for inbox delivery.

The rest: https://mxroutedocs.com/branding/intro/ (if it isn’t stated, it’s a no)

• ErisaErisa Member

For what reason would you want to hide your upstream that badly? I can understand wanting to keep your branding for everything customer facing but is it really a problem if they dig through their email headers/logs and find an MXroute IP in the chain? There's no shame in having a solid upstream for delivery.

As mentioned by jar, having dedicated and branded outgoing IPs defeats the benefit of using MXroute.

Thanked by 1jar
  • do they still use mailchannels to send emails?

• alentoalento Member, Host Rep

@apollo15 said:
    do they still use mailchannels to send emails?

Did they ever? :open_mouth: Not in the almost 4 years I have been with them.

Mailchannels is however still a fallback provider to a fallback provider that MXroute uses.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@alento said:

@apollo15 said:

If you go back 6 years, you can see that they did use MailChannels back then. For example:

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/130487/mxroute-email-hosting-black-friday-starting-at-5-year/p1

Mailchannels is however still a fallback provider to a fallback provider that MXroute uses.

I think that the first fallback provider is MailBaby, right?

• alentoalento Member, Host Rep

» show previous quotes

If you go back 6 years, you can see that they did use MailChannels back then. For example:

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/130487/mxroute-email-hosting-black-friday-starting-at-5-year/p1

>

Fair point ... like I mentioned though I only go back 4 years or so. By the time I became a client initially @jar was running his own outbound relays. Yes, MailChannels was a backup then, but not the main outbound network.

@angstrom said:

I think that the first fallback provider is MailBaby, right?

Yes, indeed it is.

edited June 2023

@apollo15 said:

Too many complaints came from that. They’re in the stack but way down at the bottom. If our relays fail we go to mail.baby, who then falls back to MailChannels. We almost never fall back, I’m really proud of my relays and IP rep. But having @interservermike as the backup is quite a privilege, his work is just as passionate as my own.

• i just setup email client like snappymail, setup domain that connect to mxroute, and client just need to login with their username and password with that email client.

they never know they email it's from mxroute :smile:

Thanked by 1jar
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@jar said:

@apollo15 said:

Too many complaints came from that. They’re in the stack but way down at the bottom. If our relays fail we go to mail.baby, who then falls back to MailChannels. We almost never fall back, I’m really proud of my relays and IP rep. But having @interservermike as the backup is quite a privilege, his work is just as passionate as my own.

Agreed. Mike is great.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @jar said: But having @interservermike as the backup is quite a privilege, his work is just as passionate as my own.

using mail.baby for some time now, top support and service, highly recommend.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @jar said:

@apollo15 said:

For marketing emails for our company, would sendgrid.com be the recommended? or can MXroute accomodate?

• ErisaErisa Member

@socialzzz said:

@jar said:

@apollo15 said:

For marketing emails for our company, would sendgrid.com be the recommended? or can MXroute accomodate?

According to the docs, that's going to be a hard no: https://mxroutedocs.com/presales/marketing/

Marketing emails tend to be a touchy subject with transactional email providers since it all too often translates into spammy behaviour. I would recommend seeking out a provider that explicitly states that it's intended for use for marketing emails.

Thanked by 1jar

@socialzzz said:

@jar said:

@apollo15 said:

Use Amazon SES. Sendgrid is dead, it’s only alive because people keep strangely paying them. Twilio has given up trying to clean it up, their shared IPs are beat to hell by spammers, the whole industry collectively recognizes their failure and they’ve stopped caring. They’re probably just waiting for it to die so they can reuse the IPs and sell the brand off.

Thanked by 1socialzzz
  • Thanks for info.

Customer panel is full whitelabel, but email headers are brended to mxroute if i get it right.
    :)