Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I can't refund money for a month and a half from royalehosting.net/royalehosting.nl
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I can't refund money for a month and a half from royalehosting.net/royalehosting.nl

Hello to LET users.
I don't know if there is something wrong with me and this is normal practice, but I will briefly describe the situation. The above-mentioned hosting failed to provide services wasted a month of my time and we agreed on a refund. The invoice was paid by LTC via Coinbase on March 30th, and on April 29th I asked for a refund and they promised to do it in two days. Today is June 9 and the money is gone. The owner of the company keeps calling refund dates and nothing happens. Also constantly writes about various problems that prevent him from making a refund. I can't get a SEPA transfer, because first of all I don't need it, and secondly in my country banks don't use this system. What should I do in this case?

Invoices: https://imgur.com/a/5353uBA
Dialogue about a refund: https://imgur.com/a/gAXIiK9

Comments

• Regarding the prufs, I have full PDF invoices, dialogues where the data is not hidden and so on, I just don't see the point in citing information that doesn't relate to the return. It was the same situation before the return, only with the server setup. Constantly called installation deadlines and nothing happened. And in parallel, components broke before assembly, delivery was delayed, and so on.

• Tom_BTom_B Member

Wow, annoying. I hope they pay you back soon.

What I understand from the conversation is that they don't have any crypto in the wallet. This (I think) is one of the disadvantages of crypto payments. I would pass on my iban in this case.

Thanked by 1Zhunsan
  • @Tom_B said:
    Wow, annoying. I hope they pay you back soon.

What I understand from the conversation is that they don't have any crypto in the wallet. This (I think) is one of the disadvantages of crypto payments. I would pass on my iban in this case.

I don't think that's the real reason, since the lie was present from the moment the service was ordered. I myself use Coinbase Commerce as a merchant and funds can be withdrawn by seed phrase only to another address. If the hosting was able to exchange them into fiat, why couldn't it do the opposite?

• VoidVoid Member

HighEndDisputes

• @jmaxwell said:
    HighEndDisputes

I might have laughed, but not after all the problems with this hosting provider.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    Thanked by 1Zhunsan
  • I've been using RoyaleHosting for a while and they've been good for me. Hopefully they can give your money back soon. I always found using crypto to buy hosting to be a hassle and a headache. Some don't even allow refunds because of the complexity of it. I've always just stuck with Paypal/Card so there is always a backup plan to getting my money back. If I'm paying with Crypto, I automatically assume I may not get my money back.

Thanked by 2commercial Plioser
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

And here is your example why using crypto to ask to get back a refund is a bad idea. It doesn't mean there is no use for crypto - just usually not for expecting refunds.

• A friend ordered a server from there before, and received a ban instead of the server

Thanked by 1anubhavhirani
  • @kailavianelli said: Tell me below if you know anything about the UK49s Lottery. I'm totally perplexed.

Holy. @Arkas

• CroissantCroissant Member
    edited June 2023

@risharde said:
    And here is your example why using crypto to ask to get back a refund is a bad idea. It doesn't mean there is no use for crypto - just usually not for expecting refunds.

and why is that? i have a wallet on a centralized echange which most merchats do, i exchange to usdt random coins immediatly and a refund depending on the blockchain used cost cents, as to the value difference at the time of the refund well some coins may may increase in value so if i refund i am at a loss from exchnage rates.. but the policy could be the dollar value at the time of refund
    its easier and cheaper than paypal or bank transfers
    edit: if you mean you have noway to chargeback well thats true.

• @concept said:
    I've been using RoyaleHosting for a while and they've been good for me. Hopefully they can give your money back soon. I always found using crypto to buy hosting to be a hassle and a headache. Some don't even allow refunds because of the complexity of it. I've always just stuck with Paypal/Card so there is always a backup plan to getting my money back. If I'm paying with Crypto, I automatically assume I may not get my money back.

Pretty sad to hear about situation crypto this in 2023. I know it's better to use PayPal, but then I was more comfortable paying in cryptocurrency. First, if you're not willing to moneyback cryptocurrency back, you don't need to add crypto-acquiring to your site. Secondly, it's about systematic lies about refund here, which I've been listening to for 45 days.

• @risharde said:

It would have been correct if I had funded my account using a different method and demanded a cryptocurrency refund. I demand a refund using the same method I used to make the payment. That's usually how refunds are made to rule out any AML schemes. Regarding the refund via SEPA/IBAN, I already wrote that for me (I live in Kazakhstan) it is not an option. I only have SWIFT, and it's better not to return anything via it.

Regarding the exchange rate - I'm not asking to deal with the exchange rate. It will be enough for me to return the full amount of the transfer at the time of the exchange, or another amount equivalent to 1054 euros at the moment.

Thanked by 1emg
  • emgemg Veteran

Before you pay for anything by accepting and using a particular payment type, you should consider whether payment refund or recovery may be necessary in the future and how difficult it may be. Isn't that common sense?

People complain about refund issues all the time here, but they often use payment types that make refunds less likely to succeed. There are tradeoffs and benefits associated with using certain payment types. Selecting certain payment methods increases the risk of loss if something goes wrong with the sale.

What is missing here is information about the prior business relationship between @Zhunsan and @Royalehosting. What due diligence did Zhusan perform or protections put in place before they payed over 1000 euros to RoyaleHosting? Did Zhusan have a good prior experience or business relationship with them?

Otherwise, I could say that Zhusan took high business risks that did not pan out, and put themselves in the current position where recovery is difficult.
    -> That does not absolve RoyaleHosting for failing to deliver the order or the agreed refund, which appears to be no fault of Zhunsan.

I hope @Zhunsan resolves their issues with @RoyaleHosting, but it appears that they started on this path with poor business decisions to take higher risks (for potential lower costs?). Those risks did not pay off and we have this thread. Now Zhunsan must improvise a "risk mitigation plan" that was not considered when they chose to make the purchase.

Thanked by 2yoursunny Zhunsan
  • If providers T&C mwntion no refunds via crypto then OP should have been more careful. It's common practice in industry. Usually it boils down to the jurisdiction/ laws which make it difficult for providers to simply issue a refund.

Not all have a malicious intent to eat the money paid via crypto

• @emg said:
    Before you pay for anything by accepting and using a particular payment type, you should consider whether payment refund or recovery may be necessary in the future and how difficult it may be. Isn't that common sense?

People complain about refund issues all the time here, but they often use payment types that make refunds less likely to succeed. There are tradeoffs and benefits associated with using certain payment types. Selecting certain payment methods increases the risk of loss if something goes wrong with the sale.

What is missing here is information about the prior business relationship between @Zhunsan and @Royalehosting. What due diligence did Zhusan perform or protections put in place before they payed over 1000 euros to RoyaleHosting? Did Zhusan have a good prior experience or business relationship with them?

Otherwise, I could say that Zhusan took high business risks that did not pan out, and put themselves in the current position where recovery is difficult.
    -> That does not absolve RoyaleHosting for failing to deliver the order or the agreed refund, which appears to be no fault of Zhunsan.

I hope @Zhunsan resolves their issues with @RoyaleHosting, but it appears that they started on this path with poor business decisions to take higher risks (for potential lower costs?). Those risks did not pay off and we have this thread. Now Zhunsan must improvise a "risk mitigation plan" that was not considered when they chose to make the purchase.

I agreed above that paying by card and PayPal is much safer. In the CIS, cryptocurrency is much more widespread and there are usually no problems with its return. But I can say that there were several other cases of cryptocurrency refunds from several hosting companies in the US region, which were made immediately and received in a couple of days.

Thanked by 1emg
  • emgemg Veteran
    edited June 2023

Our posts above crossed. I had not read @Zhunsan's latest post. Sometimes you are faced with awful choices. In this case, I would like to add there were not many payment options available to Zhunsan and they were forced into difficult, risky decisions because alternatives did not exist.

Good luck with the refund. Zhunsan deals with issues many of us will never understand.

Thanked by 1concept
  • @plumberg said:
    If providers T&C mwntion no refunds via crypto then OP should have been more careful. It's common practice in industry. Usually it boils down to the jurisdiction/ laws which make it difficult for providers to simply issue a refund.

After that story, I pay all my first invoices by PayPal if possible. There was a very urgent issue, I was under 150 Gb/s attacks and was looking for a second server with protection. But I never got the server, I had to buy a very expensive option from Hivelocity, which helped save the situation. By that time about a month had passed since royalehosting.net was supposed to provide a server, and of course I didn't need their services anymore.

• @Zhunsan said:

@plumberg said:
    If providers T&C mwntion no refunds via crypto then OP should have been more careful. It's common practice in industry. Usually it boils down to the jurisdiction/ laws which make it difficult for providers to simply issue a refund.

After that story, I pay all my first invoices by PayPal if possible. There was a very urgent issue, I was under 150 Gb/s attacks and was looking for a second server with protection. But I never got the server, I had to buy a very expensive option from Hivelocity, which helped save the situation. By that time about a month had passed since royalehosting.net was supposed to provide a server, and of course I didn't need their services anymore.

My comment was very clear I believe.

Maybe if you can confirm...
    Did you read providers t&C? What's the cancellation and refund policy?

I sympathize you had an attack and had to move.

Thanked by 1Zhunsan
  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited June 2023

In OPs defense I haven’t had to do a chargeback in maybe 3 years, crypto’s fine… but you need to do your research.

If you want to use crypto I would recommend @Francisco and BuyVM (also afaik does not do crypto refunds, though, but you shouldn’t need one.)

I would consider that money as good as gone.

• bdlbdl Member

Royale with no cheese

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2023

@Croissant said: its easier and cheaper than paypal

Nothing about what you just said sounds easier than refunding someone via PayPal lol

I almost want to hear just what in the world happened to you at PayPal. With modern billing systems it's 1-2 clicks to just refund over API. Barely more over their direct web UI. With crypto it's more like... everything you just mentioned in steps.

• @plumberg said:

@Zhunsan said:

@plumberg said:

My comment was very clear I believe.

Maybe if you can confirm...
    Did you read providers t&C? What's the cancellation and refund policy?

I sympathize you had an attack and had to move.

I read any TOS before making an order, as they can be predatory and I bypass such services. Royalehosting's TOS did not and does not contain a single word about prohibition of cryptocurrency payment refunds.

Thanked by 2plumberg Plioser
  • @SirFoxy said:
    In OPs defense I haven’t had to do a chargeback in maybe 3 years, crypto’s fine… but you need to do your research.

If you want to use crypto I would recommend @Francisco and BuyVM (also afaik does not do crypto refunds, though, but you shouldn’t need one.)

I would consider that money as good as gone.

I know FranTech services but alas, I was not able to use it because I usually need dedicated servers, vps/vds is not enought for my case.

I usually exchange cryptocurrency for fiat, but at the time it was not convenient. In fact, communication and ordering the service started out very friendly and great, I didn't think it could turn out this way.

• ZhunsanZhunsan Member
    edited June 2023

@neverain said:
    A friend ordered a server from there before, and received a ban instead of the server

Sorry to hear about that, haven't experienced ban on hosting servers. But, unfortunately, I can point out some negative aspects of this hosting. For example, they send complaints about all the negative reviews. This works, because if user who add review does not respond to Trustpilot's letter on time the review is deleted. My review also received a complaint and I responded to a request for details on the ticket and other information, so it haven't been deleted.

Now I also pay attention to Trustpilot first thing, because there is often real information about the company.

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • sillycatsillycat Member
    edited June 2023

@Zhunsan said:

@neverain said:
    A friend ordered a server from there before, and received a ban instead of the server

Sorry to hear about that, haven't experienced ban on hosting servers. But, unfortunately, I can point out some negative aspects of this hosting. For example, they send complaints about all the negative reviews. This works, because if user who add review does not respond to Trustpilot's letter on time the review is deleted. My review also received a complaint and I responded to a request for details on the ticket and other information, so it haven't been deleted.
    [..]

Now I also pay attention to Trustpilot first thing, because there is often real information about the company.
    [..]

I believe Trustpilot may not accurately reflect the overall performance of companies. In my experience, people often don't bother searching for a company's Trustpilot page to leave positive reviews when they've had a good experience. However, individuals who have had negative encounters are more motivated to actively share their grievances everywhere that they can.

You, in particular, serve as a good example of this pattern. I noticed that both of the reviews you left on Trustpilot were negative, despite the likelihood that you've had positive experiences with other companies for which you haven't provided any feedback.

Thanked by 2SirFoxy Zhunsan
  • You, in particular, serve as a good example of this pattern. I noticed that both of the reviews you left on Trustpilot were negative, despite the likelihood that you've had positive experiences with other companies for which you haven't provided any feedback.

You are right. Unfortunately, both hosting were bought in parallel during DDOS attacks, and proved to be completely useless because they could not provide the service. I don't usually leave reviews. It is the same with positive reviews, I leave them only if the hosting provides a very good service. I've left a couple of positive reviews as well, but the companies used other platforms to publish reviews. Of course these are extremes, but everyone has his own habits.

• @jar said:

@Croissant said: its easier and cheaper than paypal

Nothing about what you just said sounds easier than refunding someone via PayPal lol

I almost want to hear just what in the world happened to you at PayPal. With modern billing systems it's 1-2 clicks to just refund over API. Barely more over their direct web UI. With crypto it's more like... everything you just mentioned in steps.

lol, if you are using coingate for example for processing there is a refund feature

if not it is literally copy/paste the address payment was sent from and click send for LTC it costs couple cents..

you clearly have no idea...

Thanked by 2jar Zhunsan
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Croissant said:
    you clearly have no idea...

True. I probably don't have enough experience. Thanks for teaching me.

• RoyaleHostingRoyaleHosting Member, Patron Provider

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to explain some further information regarding this from our end, first of all I do fully agree that this refund has been taking way to much time.

Sadly enough due to our coinbase account being locked, as explained and mentioned to the customer (including screenshots of the proof of this) and no other refund option accepted by the customer (we asked for a possible refund through for example Paypal or Sepa transfer) which was not possible according to the customer.

This means that we are currently waiting for our coinbase account to be unlocked (as explained numerous times to the customer) the latest ETA on this was Monday and the refund will ofcourse be issued right away the second that our account is unlocked if the customer would be able to provide another payment way for the refund (such as Paypal or sepa transfer) we are still happy to issue that right away and otherwise we need to wait for coinbase to resolve the issue sadly enough.

I do think that this properly explains our side of the story and that this critical information wasn't included by the customer, for completely unknown reasons.

If anyone has any further questions please let us know, we are happy to answer them (suggestions to resolve the issues with the customer sooner like for example getting the coinbase account unlocked faster if anyone has a contact at coinbase that would also be awesome!)

This discussion has been closed.