Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndBox's Most Popular Article Ever - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndBox's Most Popular Article Ever

Comments

• @SirFoxy said:

@ChrisMiller said:

@Calin said: A big fan here! @jbiloh

Yeah I've been a member on this forum for over a Decade. This is actually is probably the first thing I'm legitimately excited for.

Everything is good to go in terms of that article, just waiting on legalities.

It’ll be out soon, and... I’m thinking you’ll like it 😉

can't wait.
    if you are looking for contributors, my dm's are always open :)

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
  • ChrisMillerChrisMiller Member
    edited June 2023

I wonder if their lawyers know they won't be paid like they don't pay everyone else? lol

Path Network, Inc. Cease and Desist Demand

Hi Mr. Miller,
    Please find enclosed time-sensitive correspondence sent on behalf of Counsel for Path >Network, Inc.
    Best,
    Hannah
    Hannah​
    Bogen
    Associate
    She/Her
    Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
    1999 Avenue of the Stars, 9th Floor | Los Angeles |
    | bio

• @ChrisMiller said:
    I wonder if their lawyers know they won't be paid like they don't pay everyone else? lol

Path Network, Inc. Cease and Desist Demand

Hi Mr. Miller,
    Please find enclosed time-sensitive correspondence sent on behalf of Counsel for Path >Network, Inc.
    Best,
    Hannah
    Hannah​
    Bogen
    Associate
    She/Her
    Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
    1999 Avenue of the Stars, 9th Floor | Los Angeles |
    | bio

The balls on this guy:

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited June 2023

HAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHA

i see they mentioned me in it, and they said "fake court orders" wasn't true, where there is literal evidence for it signed by their lawyers that was sent to Fiberhub.

do not fold to their scare tactics.

this is beyond hilarious.

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2023

I appreciate that LowEndBox and LowEndTalk always say everything openly without hidings about any ISP/Provider ! A true community

Thanked by 2SirFoxy ChrisMiller
  • @SirFoxy this is the time.

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited June 2023

@Calin said:
    I appreciate that LowEndBox and LowEndTalk always say everything openly without hidings about any ISP/Provider ! A true community

I’d like to think while almost anarchic (sometimes toxic) the largely unmoderated culture of LET is both unique and one of the most transparent communities within this space.

The goal of this article is not to end path, nor Marshal Webb, it’s merely piece multiple events together that happened.

Consider it a transparency report. If nothing bad is happening behind the scenes then Path or Marshal Webb have nothing to worry about.

• davidedavide Member
    edited June 2023

The article says it's not implausible Reiser's sons may have been drafted. They may also have joined as volunteers, not implausible either. All the Russians I've even known were patriots and filled with common sense to the rim.

My 2 cents.

• KMyersKMyers Member
    edited June 2023

Add my list to the name of people who they owe money to... I did work for them last year (where I had to purchase 2 SSDs and go on site to install them into a customers server). They owe me over $450 for parts + labor. All I got was false promises that it would get paid and then nothing.

If anyone at path wants to consider reaching out to me to resolve the payment issue, I would appreciate it but I am not holding my breath. The invoice was due on 06/31/2022 and I have screenshots if needed.

Mod edit (@MikePT): A rep has reached out and resolved the outstanding invoice.

• @KMyers said:
    Add my list to the name of people who they owe money to... I did work for them last year (where I had to purchase 2 SSDs and go on site to install them into a customers server). They owe me over $450 for parts + labor. All I got was false promises that it would get paid and then nothing.

If anyone at path wants to consider reaching out to me to resolve the payment issue, I would appreciate it but I am not holding my breath. The invoice was due on 06/31/2022 and I have screenshots if needed.

no worries, they will use the money they owe you to pay their lawyers for cease and desist scare latter.

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited June 2023

@KMyers said:

Post the invoice / any screenshots you have and I’ll put you in the article.

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited June 2023

I sure hope nobody reads this thread about CTO of Path(who is a badass h4x0r that changed his legal name 3 times to try and obfuscate his past, oh, he is also a pedophile - almost forgot that)!

https://archive.is/3FKkb
    https://kiwifarmsaaf4t2h7gc3dfc5ojhmqruw2nit3uejrpiagrxeuxiyxcyd.onion/threads/corey-shiratori-formerly-corey-ray-barnhill-august-heart-lulz-xyrix-ruxpin-zoom-internet-godspeed.46297/

(last confirmation of employment, Oct 15 2022 - despite Path telling everyone he is not working there for many years and sending a fake court order a few months prior to try and scare people to stop talking about them)

or CEO of Path while we are on it;

https://archive.is/ppoh1
    https://krebsonsecurity.com/2016/09/ddos-mitigation-firm-has-history-of-hijacks/

or maybe former COO of Tempest who got scammed by Path;

https://archive.is/Aplo3
    (he claims to have 12.6GB of incriminating evidence against Path, I'm sure their lawyers will love that)

• AltesAltes Member

@treesmokah said: no worries, they will use the money they owe you to pay their lawyers for cease and desist scare latter.

$500 won't cover the lunch, let alone much else... HHR won't talk to you unless you're balling.

I'd say don't fuck with autistic kids, nor those who don't have families or much to lose.

Having said that, almost everyone involved in the situation is from the same circle and is involved in more or less same activities, so it's like... funny.

• KMyersKMyers Member

@KMyers said:

Just a update as its too late to edit the post. A rep has reached out and resolved the outstanding invoice.

• @KMyers said: A rep has reached out and resolved the outstanding invoice.

just now?
    LOL, seems like they are doing some aggressive damage control.

Thanked by 1kait
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@KMyers said:

@KMyers said:

Just a update as its too late to edit the post. A rep has reached out and resolved the outstanding invoice.

Edited it for you. Cheers!

Thanked by 1KMyers
  • day 88 waiting for path article, end is nigh.

• did @jbiloh got hit with cease and desist as well?
    he has been unusually quiet since path started sending them out.

cant see path hitpiece either.

• @SirFoxy said:

@Calin said:

I’d like to think while almost anarchic (sometimes toxic) the largely unmoderated culture of LET is both unique and one of the most transparent communities within this space.

The goal of this article is not to end path, nor Marshal Webb, it’s merely piece multiple events together that happened.

Consider it a transparency report. If nothing bad is happening behind the scenes then Path or Marshal Webb have nothing to worry about.

Where is the article by the way?

Thanked by 2jar Zyra
  • neckbreakerneckbreaker Member
    edited September 2023

@Calin said:

How about we take a look at the network responsible for the most Layer-7 DDoS attacks in the world as well as spam and other malicious activity - ColoCrossing, which operates under multiple shell companies and resembles a "bulletproof hosting" more than anything.

Or maybe we wont, because LET and LES is essentially owed by them :)

If not that, how about Alpharacks(Racknerd) fraud court proceedings... OH WELL, Its "Top Host" on LET.
    Coincidentally most of Racknerd's infrastructure is on.... ColoCrossing.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@neckbreaker said:

@Calin said:

How about we take a look at the network responsible for the most Layer-7 DDoS attacks in the world as well as spam and other malicious activity - ColoCrossing, which operates under multiple shell companies and resembles a "bulletproof hosting" more than anything.

If not that, how about Alpharacks(Racknerd) fraud court proceedings... OH WELL, Its "Top Host" on LET.

I don’t notice much trouble from them anymore, and they always acted on my abuse complaints. Maybe others have another story but from where I sit Quadranet is what CC used to be in terms of abuse.

• neckbreakerneckbreaker Member
    edited September 2023

@jar said:

@neckbreaker said:

@Calin said:

I don’t notice much trouble from them anymore, and they always acted on my abuse complaints. Maybe others have another story but from where I sit Quadranet is what CC used to be in terms of abuse.

I receive billions of malicious requests per month solely from ColoCrossing("official" ASN) and their shell companies, such as 24Shells, B2 Net Solutions aka Servermania and so on.

Abuse reports result in them telling you its a "proxy" and to fuck off.
    Despite their TOS stating its prohibited to host proxies - https://colocrossing.com/Terms-and-Conditions-ColoCrossing.pdf

Thanked by 1jar
  • emghemgh Member
    edited September 2023

@neckbreaker said: Despite their TOS stating its prohibited to host proxies - https://colocrossing.com/Terms-and-Conditions-ColoCrossing.pdf

They might grant exceptions for stuff usually prohibited on request for large enough entetites. That's not unheard of, not that I know if they do it or not.

A TOS isn't law; they get to decide how/when they enforce it.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@ChrisMiller @SirFoxy

OK, I don't know your legal system over there but at least here that lawyer would be laughed out of the building.

Reason: All Chris Miller did was to state a personal opinion. Nothing confidential, no internal data, just a general personal opinion - which iirc your constitution says is a basic right.

But then, maybe path (whom after reading that ridiculous gag attempt I won't consider anymore as an entity to possibly do business with) is above your constitution and the supreme court too...

• Path Networks stole all my cookies

• emghemgh Member
    edited September 2023

Imagine that there's a super angry path-dude cough reading comments on internet forums, refusing to state any different view and instead pay lawyers to try to silence it

So cringe

• btw in the swedish judicial system companies aren't protected from defamation, there's just no such thing

only people are

makes more sense tbh

• @emgh said: btw in the swedish judicial system companies aren't protected from defamation, there's just no such thing

only people are

makes more sense tbh

That sounds good, I guess you can do defecation on a companies but it should always come with proof of profit loss.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited September 2023

@emgh said:
    Imagine that there's a super angry path-dude cough reading comments on internet forums, refusing to state any different view and instead pay lawyers to try to silence it

So cringe

[image]

Now I'm afraid and shaking in fear. You evil person!

Please, pretty please, super angry path-Karen, do not DDOS me nor my (also very, very afraid cat)!

P.S. In case you learned from the smart turkish lawyer, please, pretty please, also do not sue the international criminal court!

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member
    edited September 2023

@kait said:

@emgh said: btw in the swedish judicial system companies aren't protected from defamation, there's just no such thing

only people are

makes more sense tbh

That sounds good, I guess you can do defecation on a companies but it should always come with proof of profit loss.

In sweden, the principle is:

• People can lose friends, family, commit suicide etc, companies can't
    • Therefore, let the public decide who's right and wrong when it comes to companies
    • And let the court step in when it comes to people

The only exception is companies that are strongly associated with a person, like if you're a famous cook and the brand name is your personal name for example - other than that, no such crime exists

One instance where sweden actually has a higher level of freedom of speech compared to the US

However, in contrary to most US states I believe, in sweden, defamation has little to do with what's factually correct (even though the law states it, courts have decided it's not enough sometimes)

Ruled mostly by these 2 paragraphs:

A person who points out someone as being a criminal or as having a
    reprehensible way of living or otherwise furnishes information
    intended to cause exposure to the disrespect of others, shall be
    sentenced for defamation to a fine.

If he was duty-bound to express himself or if, considering the
    circumstances, the furnishing of information on the matter was
    defensible, or if he can show that the information was true or that he
    had reasonable grounds for it, no punishment shall be imposed.

The "someone" limits the law to only cover people

(Sorry, I just find law interesting)

Thanked by 1kait