Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndBox's Most Popular Article Ever
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndBox's Most Popular Article Ever

jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran
edited June 2023 in General

Props to @raindog308 for writing an interesting piece on a contributor to the Linux Kernel, Hans Reiser:

https://lowendbox.com/blog/the-deprecated-bloodstained-code-in-the-linux-kernel/

This article has attracted plenty of attention from Google's Discover service over the past 24 hours, bringing tens of thousands of new users to LowEndBox to read the piece plus explore what else we have to offer -- plus, hopefully, a few new users to LowEndTalk!

The consistent efforts of @raindog308 on our content strategy are A+.

Also, in case you haven't yet check out some of the stuff written by @SirFoxy, none of it is boring, we promise! @SirFoxy has had a few articles picked up by Google Discover, too

https://lowendbox.com/blog/author/sirfoxy/

Are you enjoying what you are seeing on LowEndBox? Let us know either way.

What do you want to see us write more about?

Comments

• dosaidosai Member

lmao ok

• fazarfazar Member

kudos to you, guys. :)

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • emghemgh Member

@jbiloh said:

I’d like some articles about penus.

Also congratulations @raindog309

• desperanddesperand Member
    edited June 2023

Not surprised. @raindog308 One of the most adequate, punctual, and correct admin/moderator/just human being on the forum. Congratulations!

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited June 2023

Lowendbox needs the article with insider information on all of the rumors you hear about Path.net 👀👀

I think you'll like this one @treesmokah

• Shot2Shot2 Member

blood, sex, and b-trees. The perfect recipe for a good story.

• @SirFoxy said:
    Lowendbox needs the article with insider information on all of the rumors you hear about Path.net 👀👀

can handle it on the weekend.
    @jbiloh just letting you know, you WILL receive either a fake court order, a ddos attack or other bullshit after the article is posted.

Thanked by 2SirFoxy ChrisMiller
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@SirFoxy's articles have been awesome and I've seen previews of some very cool stuff coming up. He's a pro.

• emghemgh Member

@SirFoxy said:

i want this

Thanked by 2SirFoxy vr10
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

It did land in my Google News feed, though I just assumed it was because I'd recently visited the site.

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • vr10vr10 Member
    edited June 2023

I've thoroughly enjoyed reading LEB over the last few months. raindog and SirFoxy (especially the one about jar and mxroute) write so very well.

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

I dunno how @raindog308 wrote this all without including the comparison table:

Francisco

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited June 2023

@raindog308 said:
    @SirFoxy's articles have been awesome and I've seen previews of some very cool stuff coming up. He's a pro.

@vr10 said:
    I've thoroughly enjoyed reading LEB over the last few months. raindog and SirFoxy (especially the one about jar and mxroute) write so very well.

Thank you guys 🫡

@emgh said:

@SirFoxy said:

i want this

Dropping soon… with some stuff never seen before from internal sources.

@treesmokah said:

@SirFoxy said:

can handle it on the weekend.
    @jbiloh just letting you know, you WILL receive either a fake court order, a ddos attack or other bullshit after the article is posted.

We actually received an offer for free DDoS protection from a competitor because of this.

Thanked by 2emgh vr10
  • treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited June 2023

@SirFoxy said: We actually received an offer for free DDoS protection from a competitor because of this.

If you need help with tightening up Cloudflare waf, let me know.
    Mine handled 2B+ malicious requests this month easily.

• LeviLevi Member

@treesmokah said:

@SirFoxy said: We actually received an offer for free DDoS protection from a competitor because of this.

What's the url?

• @LTniger said:

@treesmokah said:

What's the url?

Won't share, opsec reasons.

• @treesmokah said: @jbiloh just letting you know, you WILL receive either a fake court order, a ddos attack or other bullshit after the article is posted.

100% this will happen ^

• al1r4dal1r4d Member

@jbiloh said:
    Props to @raindog308 for writing an interesting piece on a contributor to the Linux Kernel, Hans Reiser:

https://lowendbox.com/blog/the-deprecated-bloodstained-code-in-the-linux-kernel/

This article has attracted plenty of attention from Google's Discover service over the past 24 hours, bringing tens of thousands of new users to LowEndBox to read the piece plus explore what else we have to offer -- plus, hopefully, a few new users to LowEndTalk!

The consistent efforts of @raindog308 on our content strategy are A+.

Also, in case you haven't yet check out some of the stuff written by @SirFoxy, none of it is boring, we promise! @SirFoxy has had a few articles picked up by Google Discover, too

https://lowendbox.com/blog/author/sirfoxy/

Are you enjoying what you are seeing on LowEndBox? Let us know either way.

Congratulations 🎉👏

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@SirFoxy idk if its possible to edit articles but might be something @jbiloh / @raindog308 should look into due to dead images or links?
    EX:
    https://lowendbox.com/blog/how-ross-ulbricht-the-pioneer-of-darknet-markets-ended-up-with-a-life-sentence-silk-roads-seizure/

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • @DataIdeas-Josh said:
    @SirFoxy idk if its possible to edit articles but might be something @jbiloh / @raindog308 should look into due to dead images or links?
    EX:
    https://lowendbox.com/blog/how-ross-ulbricht-the-pioneer-of-darknet-markets-ended-up-with-a-life-sentence-silk-roads-seizure/

Fixed it.

It's because I used IMGBB for some articles and I think it was using too much bandwidth or something.

Thanked by 1DataIdeas-Josh
  • @SirFoxy said: It's because I used IMGBB for some articles and I think it was using too much bandwidth or something.

Use something like https://images.weserv.nl/ to proxy and cache images in articles etc. they got no bandwidth limitations and are sponsored by cloudflare. it just gets fetched once and then served from their cdn's.

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited June 2023

By the way to give you guys some perspective, this is the last 365 days vs the last month over at Lowendbox (last 30 days starts right before the Romanian DC article):

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@SirFoxy said:
    By the way to give you guys some perspective, this is the last 365 days vs the last month over at Lowendbox (last 30 days starts right before the Romanian DC article):

Love that growth.

Thanked by 2SirFoxy ChrisMiller
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@jbiloh said:

@SirFoxy said:

Love that growth.

That's what she said.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@MannDude said:

@jbiloh said:

@SirFoxy said:

Love that growth.

That's what she said.

Hah, nice.

Either way, the content growth is great to see... when traffic is higher than BF on an ordinary Tuesday it's really reaffirming that we are on a productive path.

• kaitkait Member

@jbiloh said: path.

haha path :)

• I've checked LEB more in the last couple days than I have in the last couple years, ever since I've heard about the Path Article. I even signed up for the mailing list. 

Fuck Path! 

Thanked by 1treesmokah
  • CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

@ChrisMiller said: I even signed up for the mailing list

A big fan here! @jbiloh

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
  • @Calin said: A big fan here! @jbiloh

Yeah I've been a member on this forum for over a Decade. This is actually is probably the first thing I'm legitimately excited for.

Thanked by 2SirFoxy treesmokah
  • @ChrisMiller said:

@Calin said: A big fan here! @jbiloh

Yeah I've been a member on this forum for over a Decade. This is actually is probably the first thing I'm legitimately excited for.

Everything is good to go in terms of that article, just waiting on legalities.

It’ll be out soon, and... I’m thinking you’ll like it 😉

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller