Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the max speed your have seen torrents or usenet downloading? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's the max speed your have seen torrents or usenet downloading?

2»

Comments

• In colab, my record is 519m/s

• @BetaRacks said:
    In colab, my record is 519m/s

ah yes meter per second my favourite unit for measuring internet speeds

Thanked by 2Ympker TimboJones
  • @Otus9051 said:

@BetaRacks said:
    In colab, my record is 519m/s

ah yes meter per second my favourite unit for measuring internet speeds

that's 1.57 times the speed of sound.

• Grabbed an ultra.cc seedbox last night for fun and hit 640MB/sec down on torrents, damn

• Just checked, 110MB/s on Gigabit on a private tracker, fastest I have seen on public trackers was ~50MB/s (Gigabit as well), however the latter one could be higher and heavily depends on the age as well as the available seeders. Yes this was a Linux ISO, but no, wasn't a Linux .iso

• VoidVoid Member

Well new record in private tracker.

• @jmaxwell said:

I decided to grab an ultracc box on some private trackers and saw similar. Insane speeds!

Thanked by 1Void
  • How do you get access to private trackers?

• Ask a friend for invite :)

• bgerardbgerard Member
    edited June 2023

@vitobotta said:
    How do you get access to private trackers?

Invites from friends/ randoms and reddit. Once you get into some decent trackers some can have recruiters on the forums etc. Check out /r/trackers and /r/opensignups on reddit. Some of the crappier trackers will allow you to donate for access like IPT.

• eelynneelynn Member

@bgerard said:
    Grabbed an ultra.cc seedbox last night for fun and hit 640MB/sec down on torrents, damn

I love them, I didnt screenshot it back then, but I brushed 900MiB/s for a moment with them. tried 5 or 6 others while I had my Ultra.cc but just didnt feel the the same love.

• A little over 200MB/s down on 2 gigabit internet

• @eelynn said:

@bgerard said:
    Grabbed an ultra.cc seedbox last night for fun and hit 640MB/sec down on torrents, damn

I love them, I didnt screenshot it back then, but I brushed 900MiB/s for a moment with them. tried 5 or 6 others while I had my Ultra.cc but just didnt feel the the same love.

Yeah, shame about the bandwidth limits but I imagine that's how they keep the service fast.

• @yoursunny said:
    I have 5 MB/s on my LowEndSeedbox.
    This is manually configured to not disrupt other customers.
    @Calin approved this value when I asked.
    This speed is actually achievable.

Previously, the @PulsedMedia €18/year was configured as 31 MB/s.
    I never saw it achieve this speed, because uTorrent only allowed 4 active peers and this setting cannot be changed.
    Actual achievable speed was 12 MB/s.

Yes it doesn't exceeds 12 MB/s

• @commercial said:
    With some tuning, thanks to @Calin my VM1 could go up to 100MB/s
    I mostly use a small private tracker, so the average usage is 1MB/s in & 5MB/s out

I have been looking for same so that my upload speed better than my download. Didn't know much about tuning vps. Is it possible to raise upload speed with tuning?

• @Merlincool said:
    I have been looking for same so that my upload speed better than my download. Didn't know much about tuning vps. Is it possible to raise upload speed with tuning?

As I said tuning, as gift he adapted the plan for my usage, not really a tuning ;)
    Indeed, everyone around go with ultracc ...

Thanked by 1Merlincool
  • @moodwriter said:
    download speed is not really important. upload is.

You're doing it wrong.

• VoidVoid Member
    edited June 2023

@bgerard said:

@jmaxwell said:

I decided to grab an ultracc box on some private trackers and saw similar. Insane speeds!

This was from spaceberg seedbox and sometimes it crosses 500 MB/s too. Besides 2TB storage and a full VPS level access where you can install whatever you want like Plex etc for €6/m is kinda good.