Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[OVHcloud] Special Offers on wide selection of Dedicated Servers in APAC, EU or NA - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[OVHcloud] Special Offers on wide selection of Dedicated Servers in APAC, EU or NA

2»

Comments

• @OVH_APAC is this not available for the US site?

• emghemgh Member

After having used OVH for awhile now, I highly recommend them.

I’m very happy with my GAME-1, support has been awesome and really helpful, and the additional IPs saved me a real headache (a client needed to access an API banned in most countries, I just bought a new IP with a new Geolocation selected until it worked, would have needed to switch providers had I not used OVH).

• @freeneter said:

@Neoon said:

@Roldan said:
    My second order for KS-LE...

• I got double RAM, 32GB
    • Double Disk size, 2x960GB SSD
    • 1Gbps up and down on IPV6

Awesome offer for $15.99 USD!

Actually, the original KS-LE was 14.99$ USD with 2x2TB.
    However, 1TB SSD is a steal.

i got 2x KS-LE Servers and got lucky on both in the original batch (both of them are gigabit ipv4 and v6 and one got 2x4 TB Disks instead of the 2tb one. )
    not to bad for around 16€ or something like that.

If you're wanting to transfer it. I'm interested

• OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

@BigDongLong said:
    @OVH_APAC is this not available for the US site?

OVHcloud offers varie slightly between our local websites. If you are a US resident you can check the deals here: https://us.ovhcloud.com/deals/

@emgh said:
    After having used OVH for awhile now, I highly recommend them.

I’m very happy with my GAME-1, support has been awesome and really helpful, and the additional IPs saved me a real headache (a client needed to access an API banned in most countries, I just bought a new IP with a new Geolocation selected until it worked, would have needed to switch providers had I not used OVH).

Thanks for the positive feedback! and sharing the link and specs on Game-1:
    https://www.ovhcloud.com/asia/bare-metal/game/game-1/

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @xpanda said: I'll probably ask for a refund

Do they refund the setup fee also?

• adnsadns Member

@Luke007 said:

@xpanda said: I'll probably ask for a refund

Yes. They're very correct in this. I asked a 14-day refund via support because the order cancellation always thrown an error. Yesterday they processed my request, today PayPal informed about the refund.

• xpandaxpanda Member

@Luke007 said:

I didn't get the refund yet.

@adns said:

@Luke007 said:

Yes. They're very correct in this. I asked a 14-day refund via support because the order cancellation always thrown an error. Yesterday they processed my request, today PayPal informed about the refund.

How long did it take after requesting for refund?

• @xpanda said: How long did it take after requesting for refund?

After I cancelled the order via the link given by OVH support, I took less than an hour to get the refund in paypal.

Thanked by 1xpanda
  • adnsadns Member

@Luke007 said:

@xpanda said: How long did it take after requesting for refund?

After I cancelled the order via the link given by OVH support, I took less than an hour to get the refund in paypal.

Did you affected in the problem that always thrown an error on control panel at order cancelation? I tried it first but it not worked so I wrote to support and they started the refund process.

• @adns I didn't try the cancellation link in the control panel. I asked for refund by creating a ticket. Then they gave a cancellation link.

Thanked by 1adns
  • bobertbobert Member

Just a heads up, they are overselling bandwidth.

I ordered a server in London and Singapore, the Singapore server had packet loss every day. It took them a month to admit that it was their fault, only after I messaged OVH_APAC.

And today, I am noticing the same packet loss in London.

• @bobert said:

I ordered a server in London and Singapore, the Singapore server had packet loss every day. It took them a month to admit that it was their fault, only after I messaged OVH_APAC.

• bobertbobert Member

@plumberg said:

@bobert said:

I've been with OVH for over 10 years and this is the first time I have had packet loss with them that they refuse to fix and occurs daily.

They've gone from being the best host to completely unusable.

Thanked by 1plumberg
    edited June 2023

@bobert said:

Hi @bobert , upon checking we noted that we had moved your server in Sgp and extended the time. Likewise we would recommend creating a similar ticket for the one in London.

• adnsadns Member

@bobert said:

I can confirm same from Gravelines and Roubaix. I have two KS-LE-1s that advertised with 100/100 Mbps but in real I can reach 1 Gbps down and 100 up on IPv4 1 Gbps up on IPv6 on both servers. These are always 800--900 Mbps in EU so the limitation factor to further places is the peering. Very stable, I never had any problem. I bought two servers in the last promotion and checked other users servers benchmark and very often that gigabit port can reach max. 300-500 Mbps to other OVH servers, outside of OVH network and gra.proof.ovh.net and rbx.proof.ovh.net. On older servers the OVH's iperf3 servers always maximizes the port speed but on new machines it is not possible.
    200-500 Mbps good when the advertised and guaranteed 100 but interesting to see that older machines can reach higher speeds. I not experienced packet loss in the 1--2 testing days.

• emghemgh Member

@adns said:

@bobert said:

I can confirm same from Gravelines and Roubaix. I have two KS-LE-1s that advertised with 100/100 Mbps but in real I can reach 1 Gbps down and 100 up on IPv4 1 Gbps up on IPv6 on both servers. These are always 800--900 Mbps in EU so the limitation factor to further places is the peering. Very stable, I never had any problem. I bought two servers in the last promotion and checked other users servers benchmark and very often that gigabit port can reach max. 300-500 Mbps to other OVH servers, outside of OVH network and gra.proof.ovh.net and rbx.proof.ovh.net. On older servers the OVH's iperf3 servers always maximizes the port speed but on new machines it is not possible.
    200-500 Mbps good when the advertised and guaranteed 100 but interesting to see that older machines can reach higher speeds. I not experienced packet loss in the 1--2 testing days.

Was your new servers of the Game type?

The Game servers have a totallt different network suited to hosting game servers

That means, much better DDoS protection but no gigabit transfer (not needed for hosting games)

• adnsadns Member

@emgh said:

@adns said:

@bobert said:

Was your new servers of the Game type?

The Game servers have a totallt different network suited to hosting game servers

That means, much better DDoS protection but no gigabit transfer (not needed for hosting games)

No, Kimsufi KS-LEs. Same servers bought from November and in the past few days, but the newer servers has weaker network.

• When you back this offer?
    Featured offers

Rise-LE-1
    Limited Edition

Intel Xeon-E 2274G - 4c/8t - 4GHz/4.9GHz
    32GB DDR4 ECC 2666MHz
    2× 480GB SSD SATA + 2× 8TB HDD SATA Soft RAID
    500Mbps Public Bandwidth Unmetered
    Europe or North America locations
    From US$52.02/month

• @OVH_APAC any news?

@stufently said:
    When you back this offer?
    Featured offers

Rise-LE-1
    Limited Edition

Intel Xeon-E 2274G - 4c/8t - 4GHz/4.9GHz
    32GB DDR4 ECC 2666MHz
    2× 480GB SSD SATA + 2× 8TB HDD SATA Soft RAID
    500Mbps Public Bandwidth Unmetered
    Europe or North America locations
    From US$52.02/month

Hi @stufently , thank you for your interest, unfortunately we are unable to advice whether this specific offer will return anytime soon. However if it does, we will be sure to notify you.

• Any ETA on Game-2 restock? It's been out of stock for so long.

Hi @kolderz , we are working on restocking GAME-2, unfortunately no eta yet at the moment