Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NetDynamics24: Account Status and Refund Inquiry - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NetDynamics24: Account Status and Refund Inquiry

13»

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@hohjhf556 said:
    They started saying give me the server within 24 hours, then said it would take weeks, so I refunded

BTW, why are you on your third LET account?

• @raindog308 said: BTW, why are you on your third LET account?

Probably issues with their VPN and phone number.

Thanked by 2bruh21 kasodk
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@raindog308 said:

@hohjhf556 said:
    They started saying give me the server within 24 hours, then said it would take weeks, so I refunded

BTW, why are you on your third LET account?

Probably failed to confirm their email address twice and so we rejected their application twice, but this is just a guess

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited May 2023

It sounds like there was a (perhaps unintentional) miscommunication between @NetDynamics24 and @hohjhf556 that led to differing expectations regarding when the server would be delivered, but it also sounds like @hohjhf556 was impatient and rushed to open a PayPal dispute, which is a kind of situation that never ends well

• NanjaNanja Member

I'm just a nobody, but..

If I was in his (OP) shoes I would've opened a dispute, even though I have never done that before.

24 hours til server up
    24 hours after we get server, it will be up
    week til your servers up
    weeks til your servers up

That's scary, with how that looks, something seemed very inconsistent! I would think what are the odds of me getting my money back if I tried to get refund. If no refund I would instantly dispute.

Also, the $150 charge for charge-back in terms, idk if that should be valid, since it was past 24 hours that the server was promised. Too bad inconsistency and false timelines doesn't void terms of service. It really should though!

If someone adds that $150 to Terms, do you actually really need to pay? I mean they already deleted your account, what's the worse that will happen? Collections agency call you or something?

• AltesAltes Member

@angstrom said:
    It sounds like there was a (perhaps unintentional) miscommunication between @NetDynamics24 and @hohjhf556 that led to differing expectations regarding when the server would be delivered, but it also sounds like @hohjhf556 was impatient and rushed to open a PayPal dispute, which is a kind of situation that never ends well

You take on these risks as a business and you very quickly learn that you have to learn that you can't have @NetDynamics24's outlook on business.

In an ideal world you refund the amount with the deducted fees, and the buyer will understand that you have incurred costs, but no, we don't live in that world, and you're basically going to fuck your business with the chargebacks if you think that you can push someone around, especially if they are foreign customers.

TL;DR: always refund in full, and maybe, don't sell to quite literally the entire interwebs.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@TWC said:

@angstrom said:

You take on these risks as a business and you very quickly learn that you have to learn that you can't have @NetDynamics24's outlook on business.

In an ideal world you refund the amount with the deducted fees, and the buyer will understand that you have incurred costs, but no, we don't live in that world, and you're basically going to fuck your business with the chargebacks if you think that you can push someone around, especially if they are foreign customers.

TL;DR: always refund in full, and maybe, don't sell to quite literally the entire interwebs.

I'm curious your thoughts on some words rolling around in my head:

What if @NetDynamics24 made it more clear that their margins are razor thin because they're reselling servers at relatively competitive pricing, when they have to rent them at full price. It makes sense why they would be this way given what they do, is there a way that you feel would balance this more fairly while taking that into consideration?

I understand it's their choice to be a reseller, but how do we make opting into that relationship more mutual?

• AltesAltes Member
    edited May 2023

@jar said: What if @NetDynamics24 made it more clear that their margins are razor thin because they're reselling servers at relatively competitive pricing, when they have to rent them at full price. It makes sense why they would be this way given what they do, is there a way that you feel would balance this more fairly while taking that into consideration?

I understand it's their choice to be a reseller, but how do we make opting into that relationship more mutual?

I don't think we can expect that level of honesty mainly because it would dissuade the Western clients from opting for his company, and they would likely go directly to Hetzner, et al.

If he were to note the margins, he would likely become the refugee hoster: getting all of the Iranians, Russians, Colombians, etc... anyone unable to secure an account directly.

Most of the hosts operating like this are India-based and have 100+ different payment methods, but they will always refund in full. They have the volume, and it makes sense to refund in full and keep the customer happy, even if they lose $.

But yeah... there's definitely a recurring issue here when it comes to refunds and LET providers who mainly resell.

Thanked by 1jar
  • AltesAltes Member
    edited May 2023

snip - managed to edit the post.

• @DigiGoon said:
    PS: I'm still learning stuff about hosting so don't judge if I'm wrong in anything above. 😋

Kick back and wait until the end before drawing any conclusions! Sometimes there's a dramatic plot twist before the post gets locked.

Thanked by 1DigiGoon