Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NetDynamics24: Account Status and Refund Inquiry - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NetDynamics24: Account Status and Refund Inquiry

Comments

• @Mumbly said:

@CheepCluck said: They find a provider who has a hiccup with their new server roll out, and they're too impatient.

They had an agreement.
    There's big difference between "24 hours" and "few weeks". Imho customer was eligible for full refund.

Is it weeks or a week? Theres a bigger difference there.
    This is where pictures of the correspondence works very well. Having an email receipt of these tickets is helpful because providers tend to react harshly when a chargeback is issued, which is fair to anticipate.
    There is a lot of context missing here through which can be contributed to language barriers.
    Also the $8 gap, wouldn't it of been better for OP to reach out to the provider and perhaps ask for that to be refunded to their paypal or as credit?
    Also what was the paypal ruling on that? Did they just get their $8 refund (with that paypal fine applied to the provider) or did they get $127+$135 in that refund?
    I can start to suspect why they're unable to buy from Hetzner directly.

Thanked by 1hohjhf556
  • @NetDynamics24 said: Got refunded although it was a dedicated server which is clearly stated that we don't refund for these kind of services.

You also stated it would only take 24 hours to deliver the server

@NetDynamics24 said: He never contact us or asked us why the refund was partial.

>

Does he really have to ask? He paid for a product, You didn't deliver on the time you said you would deliver. He asked for refund. You only refunded partially.

Depending on where this person is from 8$ could be a whole day's wage so no it is not a small amount to just let go as some of the commenters have said.

Thanked by 1hohjhf556
  • MumblyMumbly Member
    edited May 2023

@NetDynamics24 without mental gimnastics above what part here I got wrong:

1. seller and buyer agreed with server fulfilment in 24 hours.
    2. after payment seller informed client that it won't take 24 hours but several weeks (shit happens, I get it)
    3. client requested refund (reasonable as agreement can't be fulfilled in a timely manner)
    4. seller gave partial refund
    5. buyer opened case with paypal for the rest of the money (case is still opened)

I understand that because of some reason seller can't fulfill agremeent sometimes. It happens, I don't blame you for that. But if that's the case then refunding customer is the right thing to do. Full refund not partial refund as that's not client's fault.
    He may be annoying, etc... but still, you two had an agreement.

Thanked by 1hohjhf556
  • NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

@Mumbly said:

No we never agreed on it. It was a server that Hetzner just released it, we couldn't promise. We said we will deliver it as soon as Hetzner provisions it.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited May 2023

@CheepCluck said: Is it weeks or a week? Theres a bigger difference there.

Of course that's a difference, but so is difference between a week and 24 hours.

Anyway, he said that they responded him with "weeks".

@hohjhf556 said:
    Not in a week, you told me in weeks

I can imagine that @hohjhf556 with his poor posting history isn't the most popular person around, but this should not be the reason for being partial about the case non related to his potential annoying posting history.
    If I would be him I would surely politely ask host why just partial refund instead of opening paypal case, but from the other side I would most likely made full refund in those cases. Because that's the right thing to do when you refund someone for not fulfilled service.
    It is what it is now. No one wins here.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

And... back to the General section.

Thanked by 2ehab Mumbly
    edited May 2023

An important missing detail:

The client was replying within seconds asking impossible things, being in hurry if not in panic, opening multiple tickets, making dozens of replies every few minutes. Not to mention his irony...
    AFTER his payment, he asked when he will get the server and before I reply to him, he asked for a refund because he found another server elsewhere!

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited May 2023

"Great client."
    Another reason for full refund and goodbye.

edited May 2023

@Mumbly said:
    "Great client."

Correct, that's why we replied to him:
    "Great news, you will be refunded within 24 hours."
    Our TOS states that in some cases we refund excluding the transaction fees. We lost time and effort, why to lose money with such clients?

• srch07srch07 Member

@Mumbly said:
    Nah it's not cool.
    Again everyone ignore the fact that deal they agreed about wasn't fulfilled from NetDynamics24's side.
    There's big difference between "24 hours" and "few weeks".

You are perfectly right in that. Provider promised something and failed to delivery on time.

However, when that happens, only thing provider can do is, give you, your money back.
    Which looks like they did.

To be honest, we would run miles away from any customer that opens a chargeback.
    We report them to our payment processor and block their email id and card signature for life on all our products.

• Hey @DigiGoon , this whole thread would be another good example of what we were talking about the other day. Take notes if you're still thinking about reselling :)

Thanked by 1DigiGoon
  • AltesAltes Member

The customer is fine, the host is at the isssue here. If you're going to sell services to every Tom, Dick and Harry. Then you also need to be aware that the culture norm will be different, and people will be expecting a full refund, period. It's not even up for discussion, and you can also see this in real life, and you should simply bite the bullet and refund the full amount, regardless of the fees you incurred.

Obviously, notwithstanding the silly $150 chargeback policy... winning the cutomers over for sure.

In any case.. sell services to the entire Internets = don't be surprised when customers aren't happy to be fiddled around with on delivery times, or receiving less than they paid if refunded.

• @Mumbly said:
    "Great client."

I agree with this. If I was the provider, I would've just provided a full refund and restricting that client from purchasing again - especially since they are proven to be a PITA.

I can understand the hit on transaction fees. But because they were being extremely needy in tickets there is more administrative fees to it? That I can't agree with. Typing takes little effort.
    All this over $8 is just a waste of effort.
    Hopefully the provider didn't get dinged twice (for example: they issued the $127 refund, but paypal refunded the client the full transaction too leading to a $127 profit to the customer).
    Luckily the provider in this case didn't just default to their ToS stating that dedicated services are non-refundable (If it wasn't delivered, it should be 100% refunded) which would've looked bad.

Would be nice to have the chat logs here to see what really unfolded. Such as their ticket spam, or their irregular behavior being an annoyance.

• DigiGoonDigiGoon Member
    edited May 2023

@Don_Keedic said:
    Hey @DigiGoon , this whole thread would be another good example of what we were talking about the other day. Take notes if you're still thinking about reselling :)

IMHO the following might have been some good solutions:
    1. Provider let the customer keep the server for more time(the time they took to provision it).
    2. They should have explicitly mention it at checkout that they'll refund excluding the transaction fees, if and only if they refund (in dedis' case).
    3. They simply shouldn't have done refund and instead could've done service recovery.
    - Give one or two months free in the whole contract (by which the customer would've stayed with them as he/she is getting more duration as compared to any other competitor for same product).
    - Give them some discount on any other product or maybe on their second invoice (I'm sure the product's final price includes their profit margin so to keep that one customer they can cut down profit on 1 invoice).

I'll edit if I get any more points in my mind.

PS: I'm still learning stuff about hosting so don't judge if I'm wrong in anything above. 😋

• hohjhf556hohjhf556 Member
    edited May 2023

@ehab said:
    @ Mods @Arkas , can you please change thread title. - Thank you in advance
    netdynamics is cool.

@NetDynamics24 said:

@Mumbly said:
    Nah it's not cool.
    Again everyone ignore the fact that deal they agreed about wasn't fulfilled from NetDynamics24's side.

Not exactly! He requested a server which was not in our products and he found it in Hetzner. He was in hurry and he was demanding a lot of things every few seconds! We told him he will have it within 24 hours after Hetzner delivers it but Hetzner couldn't deliver it in less than one week. He asked for a refund BEFORE even receiving our response because he said he found another server elsewhere! He opened 8 tickets with us, each one with dozens of replies. Lot of effort and time lost. The result? He got banned from Hetzner, from us and from many other providers.

Please don't lie, what you told me is that you will deliver to me within 24 hours, I am not banned by many suppliers, please don't lie! ! !,My God, you can lie like this!

• @CheepCluck said:

@Mumbly said:

@CheepCluck said: They find a provider who has a hiccup with their new server roll out, and they're too impatient.

They had an agreement.
    There's big difference between "24 hours" and "few weeks". Imho customer was eligible for full refund.

Is it weeks or a week? Theres a bigger difference there.
    This is where pictures of the correspondence works very well. Having an email receipt of these tickets is helpful because providers tend to react harshly when a chargeback is issued, which is fair to anticipate.
    There is a lot of context missing here through which can be contributed to language barriers.
    Also the $8 gap, wouldn't it of been better for OP to reach out to the provider and perhaps ask for that to be refunded to their paypal or as credit?
    Also what was the paypal ruling on that? Did they just get their $8 refund (with that paypal fine applied to the provider) or did they get $127+$135 in that refund?
    I can start to suspect why they're unable to buy from Hetzner directly.

I can't pass Hetzner's audit, because of my IP problem, I use vpn, because my country access to other countries is very slow, they deducted a certain amount of money from me

edited May 2023

@NetDynamics24 said:

@Mumbly said:

No we never agreed on it. It was a server that Hetzner just released it, we couldn't promise. We said we will deliver it as soon as Hetzner provisions it.

You are a liar and demanded $150 from me when you couldn't come to an agreement, you are robbers and I ordered storage from you and I believe I didn't ask for a refund。
    I bought storage business from you

• @NetDynamics24 said:
    An important missing detail:

The client was replying within seconds asking impossible things, being in hurry if not in panic, opening multiple tickets, making dozens of replies every few minutes. Not to mention his irony...
    AFTER his payment, he asked when he will get the server and before I reply to him, he asked for a refund because he found another server elsewhere!

You said that I sent dozens of messages in a few minutes, please tell me clearly how many messages I sent in a few minutes

@hohjhf556 said:

@ehab said:
    @ Mods @Arkas , can you please change thread title. - Thank you in advance
    netdynamics is cool.

@NetDynamics24 said:

@Mumbly said:
    Nah it's not cool.

Not exactly! He requested a server which was not in our products and he found it in Hetzner. He was in hurry and he was demanding a lot of things every few seconds! We told him he will have it within 24 hours after Hetzner delivers it but Hetzner couldn't deliver it in less than one week. He asked for a refund BEFORE even receiving our response because he said he found another server elsewhere! He opened 8 tickets with us, each one with dozens of replies. Lot of effort and time lost. The result? He got banned from Hetzner, from us and from many other providers.

Please don't lie, what you told me is that you will deliver to me within 24 hours, I am not banned by many suppliers, please don't lie! ! !,My God, you can lie like this!

I said 24 hours after Hetzner provisions it.
    But we have a language barrier here.
    The logs will be sent to PayPal for your dispute.

edited May 2023

When I dispute 8(7.+) USD, I received $150 in arrears on my account
    and they will sue me
    !1501

• That'll be something to see someone sue over $150. Hopefully this makes it to Judge Mathis.

@NetDynamics24 you are lying

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited May 2023

Uuuuuuuuuuu

what now? tickets says 24h, not 24h after Hetzner delivers.

UuuuOoooOuuoooooouuuu

edited May 2023

@Mumbly said:
    Nah it's not cool.

Thank you for speaking for me, they deleted my account, but I kept the email information. You can see that they are lying and portraying me as an annoying customer who has been blocked by many suppliers. For example, they said: I sent dozens of work order information in a few minutes. Please provide evidence, how many messages did I send in a few minutes. and blocked by those suppliers @NetDynamics24
    Please don't smear your customers with vague language because I ordered storage from you

• Oh so it is after a "few weeks" which is quite understandable to wish to move on. Thats a big difference from 1 week. Honestly, would've been better off just issuing a full refund.

It was within their ToS that a chargeback would incur a $150 fee. You shouldn't be surprised by the invoice.
    Anyways, you're not going to get sued over $150. Will it go to collections? Maybe, probably.

edited May 2023

The client was asking for different servers at the same ticket with a post speed of a few minutes or seconds in broken English with serious language barrier, misunderstandings and confusions.
    As said, the logs are sent to PayPal dispute and they will decide.

• @NetDynamics24 said:
    The client was asking for multiple servers at the same ticket with a post speed of a few minutes or seconds in broken English with serious language barrier.
    As said, the logs are sent to PayPal dispute and they will decide.

Please describe carefully, how long is the interval in between, and how long has this state lasted? If you feel that the language is difficult and I am an annoying customer, you can completely block me and not serve me. Please do not provide the background log of the website. That's completely tamperable. And I uploaded the evidence so everyone can see you're lying

• @JabJab said:
    Uuuuuuuuuuu

what now? tickets says 24h, not 24h after Hetzner delivers.

UuuuOoooOuuoooooouuuu

yes they are lying now and slandering me

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Just don't make time commitments if you're relying on someone else ✌️

That should've been made clear from the beginning.

Thanked by 1CheepCluck
    edited May 2023

@NetDynamics24 said:

@Mumbly said:
    Nah it's not cool.

No, you're lying, you told me it couldn't be delivered within 24 hours, and then I requested a refund.
    You guys sell hetzner's server (reseller), I asked if you have hetzner-EX, you guys told me yes and sent me the price。
    Because of my IP problem, I can't pass the review (Hetzner). You said that I was banned by many other resellers, can you give an example of me being banned by those resellers