Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What have you learnt from LowEndTalk? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What have you learnt from LowEndTalk?

2»

Comments

• somiksomik Member

@Otus9051 said:
    trolling
    and getting free stuff

also trolling to get free stuff and then get banned for spamming?

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @somik said:

@Otus9051 said:
    trolling
    and getting free stuff

?

• somiksomik Member

@Otus9051 said:

@somik said:

@Otus9051 said:
    trolling
    and getting free stuff

?

There are few people who got banned for that.

• emgemg Veteran
    edited May 2023

@somik said:
    Q1: How much do you earn per hour dancing at the local bar?
    Q2: What is the mortgage on your house now?
    Q3: What's for dinner?

A1: I have not had a job entertaining in local bars in quite a while, but I worked a variety of such jobs in the past. Pay was generally good. In college, sometimes I worked in exchange for free beer. (If you have not already guessed, I provided musical entertainment. Trust me, if the subject had come up, people would have paid me NOT to dance.)

I won't bother to ask about your jobs dancing in local bars. If you are in Iran, do they have "local bars"?

A2: Zero. I do not remember when we paid off our house. It was years ago. We have the deed in a bank safe deposit box. We must still pay the property tax bills twice a year, along with insurance, utilities, etc.

A3: Last night, dinner was baked eggplant with a tomato-based sauce and cheese. I love how my partner makes eggplant. She also baked a parmesan rosemary bread in the crockpot to go with it. I am not a fan of soda breads in general and especially not in the crockpot. The loaf she made is as good as the genre can get. (I prefer yeasted breads.)
    -> Tonight: Leftovers, or as we say in our family, "FFYS". (Fend for yourself.)

-> What is for dinner at your home?

• somiksomik Member

@emg said:

@somik said:
    Q1: How much do you earn per hour dancing at the local bar?
    Q2: What is the mortgage on your house now?
    Q3: What's for dinner?

A1: I have not had a job entertaining in local bars in quite a while, but I worked a variety of such jobs in the past. Pay was generally good. In college, sometimes I worked in exchange for free beer. (If you have not already guessed, I provided musical entertainment. Trust me, if the subject had come up, people would have paid me NOT to dance.)

I won't bother to ask about your jobs dancing in local bars. If you are in Iran, do they have "local bars"?

A2: Zero. I do not remember when we paid off our house. It was years ago. We have the deed in a bank safe deposit box. We must still pay the property tax bills twice a year, along with insurance, utilities, etc.

A3: Last night, dinner was baked eggplant with a tomato-based sauce and cheese. I love how my partner makes eggplant. She also baked a parmesan rosemary bread in the crockpot to go with it. I am not a fan of soda breads in general and especially not in the crockpot. The loaf she made is as good as the genre can get. (I prefer yeasted breads.)
    -> Tonight: Leftovers, or as we say in our family, "FFYS". (Fend for yourself.)

-> What is for dinner at your home?

So you are saying the answer isn't $7 to any of those 3 questions on LET?!? I'm calling bullshit on your comment!! :lol:

@emg said:
    I learned that for most questions here, the answer is " $7 ".

• emgemg Veteran

@somik said:

So you are saying the answer isn't $7 to any of those 3 questions on LET?!? I'm calling bullshit on your comment!! :lol:

I didn't see that coming, but you are right. I call BS on it too. Good call.

• NanjaNanja Member
    edited May 2023

The most valuable thing I learned about in LET is the wireguard automated installer by @Nyr . Saves so much time.

I spend more than I gain on idle VPS's which I eventually use fail2ban and Nyr's script. :#

oh.. and I did gain some udemy lessons from that thread with free udemy stuff.

Which reminds me, awhile back... maybe more than a year.. Someone mentioned they were working on a white label panel for VPN hosting? So that we could put these idle VPS's to work if their terms allow it. Did they ever release it?

• defaultdefault Veteran

On LowEndTalk I learned how the end is nigh and how bilohbucks are important for enjoying a good popcorn.

Thanked by 1Calin
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Nanja said: The most valuable thing I learned about in LET is the wireguard automated installer by @Nyr . Saves so much time.

That and the earlier OpenVPN versions are totally awesome.

Thanked by 1Nyr
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Oh, gosh, where should I begin...
    I am a long time member and have learnt so many things from similarly minded people that I could spend a day on details.

And that is NOT only regarding offers, prices, resources and similar, but threats, various common sense practices, tutorials and scrips to automate stuff and no longer having to reinvent the wheel, useful proxy and reverse-proxy setups and settings, many great ideas I did not have and felt entitled to take from others as well as about what to generally expect from a certain technology and iteration, benchmarks and squeezing the last bit of juice from any machine without breaking any rules if rented or without burning it up if owned.

Truly, this place is very-very useful to a niche category of people. Sharing is caring when not breaking any law.

• febryanvaldofebryanvaldo Member
    edited May 2023

Ofcourse i learned how to idle more and more VPSes. Thanks LET.

Thanked by 1rasping5978