Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Microsoft is Turning Windows Into an Advertising Platform - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Microsoft is Turning Windows Into an Advertising Platform

13»

Comments

• @Don_Keedic said:

@asterisk14 said: I remember when I used to image my XP installs and it used to be around 0.7GB!

FCKGW-RHQQ2.....

I Know this SN, legends 😂

• The transformation of Windows into an advertising platform has been a point of contention for many users. Some argue that it dilutes the user experience, and I can see why that's a concern, especially if you've been a long-time Windows user and appreciated older versions like XP and 7.

Speaking from a comptia cybersecurity analyst perspective, it's not just the user experience that's at stake here. The inclusion of more advertising elements could potentially create additional vectors for cyber threats. Whether it's through malvertising or simply by collecting more data on user behavior to target ads more effectively, the cybersecurity implications are worth considering.

• It's not just matter of Windows becoming an advertising platform; Microsoft is forcing users to accept a specific UI and apps that not only most of the users don't need but also those applications cannot be removed easily.

For now, my only preference is the LTSC version of windows which only gets the security updates.