Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Control Panel with best File Manager? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Control Panel with best File Manager?

13»

Comments

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

When DA built the new file manager I was disappointed. CPanel one is much better, I actually prefer the new Jupiter theme over the new DA one.

I prefer DA as and admin point of view, but CPanel file manager as an end user.

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

My vote goes to Virtualmin/webmin.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited May 2023

@niceboy said:
    If it is for personal use, install any cp(or even no cp) of your choice with php support.

And install single file php file manager from :
    https://github.com/prasathmani/tinyfilemanager

That's actually cute little thing. Especially with dark theme. Thanks for share!

It does not require installation, just quick configuration and upload (less than 5 minutes to create configuration template with users and alowed directories included and then to re-use it anytime).
    It's not meant for secure file storage (there are better solutions for this) but great for quick upload and share files via direct url.

• KassemKassem Member

I like File Browser but last time I used it, it didn't provide zip/unzip features. I know there is the command runner where you can make it auto unzip files on upload but it's not the same as selecting a file and unzip/zip it.

@nqservices Might be worth taking a look at https://github.com/drakkan/sftpgo , it doesn't support unzipping but supports downloading contents as a zipped file. You can also create users and groups and shares and of course your data can be living in an object storage instead of the local file system.

• ZreindZreind Member

cpanel's built-in file manager kills ftp/sftp. i think its the best