Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Control Panel with best File Manager? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Control Panel with best File Manager?

Comments

• zhizhi Member

@sreekanth850 said:

@bvgfao40723 said:

@sreekanth850 said:
    Thanks for the links will post in their forums for clarification and the status of this issues.

These are just a few of the many posts, and there are probably more issues that I've forgotten.

All these links point to same one isue of nginx hack in the panel.

Nginx CRLF?

• nqservicesnqservices Member
    edited May 2023

Thanks all for the suggestions!
    After reading all comments my final decision will be between: Cyberpanel or aaPanel.

Already, experience both demos and both seem to have a good file manager with lot of features.

Choice will be made based on the most reliable/fast when working with large files/folders and also overall panel security.

Read on Cyberpanel site that they were audited by Rack911, what is a good thing. I have already try Cyberpanel almost 1 year ago and it seem overall good, but some unstable... Lots of OpenLitespeed 503 error pages with high load.

Hope they had made improvments.

Any further advice just say. For now its a round of Cyberpanel vs aaPanel for the best File Manager.

• sreekanth850sreekanth850 Member
    edited May 2023

@zhi said:

@sreekanth850 said:

@bvgfao40723 said:

@sreekanth850 said:
    Thanks for the links will post in their forums for clarification and the status of this issues.

These are just a few of the many posts, and there are probably more issues that I've forgotten.

Nginx CRLF?

Issues was not clearly described. It was said thay an nginx.bak file was created and attackers gain access to panel and they redirect site to some 3rdparty site. Bt team confirmed that they investigated and didnt find any such issues and asked users to report if further any issues reported. They said that this bak file is created when user update nginx to next version, for roll back to previous version in case user want to roll back. Without knowing the exact setup, os security implemented by the user who posted, its difficult to say how attacker got access to panel. I have been using this panel for my personal projects from 2021 onwards, without any issues. Let me ask in aapanel forum about this.

• zhizhi Member

@sreekanth850 said:

@zhi said:

@sreekanth850 said:

@bvgfao40723 said:

@sreekanth850 said:

Nginx CRLF?

Issues was not clearly described. It was said thay an nginx.bak file was created and attackers gain access to panel and they redirect site to some 3rdparty site. Bt team confirmed that they investigated and didnt find any such issues ans asked users to report if further anu issues reported. They said that this bak file is created when user update nginx to next version, for roll back to previous version in case user want to roll back. Without knowing the exact setup, os security implemented by the user who posted its difficult to say how it accessed panel. I have been using this panel for my personal projects from 2021 onwards, without any issues. Let me ask in aapanel forum about this.

I've used it for years without any issues.

• @zhi said:

@sreekanth850 said:

@zhi said:

@sreekanth850 said:

@bvgfao40723 said:

@sreekanth850 said:

Nginx CRLF?

Issues was not clearly described. It was said thay an nginx.bak file was created and attackers gain access to panel and they redirect site to some 3rdparty site. Bt team confirmed that they investigated and didnt find any such issues ans asked users to report if further anu issues reported. They said that this bak file is created when user update nginx to next version, for roll back to previous version in case user want to roll back. Without knowing the exact setup, os security implemented by the user who posted its difficult to say how it accessed panel. I have been using this panel for my personal projects from 2021 onwards, without any issues. Let me ask in aapanel forum about this.

I've used it for years without any issues.

Yes. They have great features and least resource usage.

• @nqservices said:
    Thanks all for the suggestions!
    After reading all comments my final decision will be between: Cyberpanel or aaPanel.

Already, experience both demos and both seem to have a good file manager with lot of features.

Choice will be made based on the most reliable/fast when working with large files/folders and also overall panel security.

Read on Cyberpanel site that they were audited by Rack911, what is a good thing. I have already try Cyberpanel almost 1 year ago and it seem overall good, but some unstable... Lots of OpenLitespeed 503 error pages with high load.

Hope they had made improvments.

Any further advice just say. For now its a round of Cyberpanel vs aaPanel for the best File Manager.

have you tried cyberpanel file manager? its been years since i did but my experience was it was non functional. cant delete, cant upload files.

• kkiskkkkiskk Member
    edited May 2023

@zhi said:
    aaPanel's file management is the most comfortable I have ever used.
    https://www.aapanel.com/new/feature.html#file

But this panel is not audited. You don't know if there is any vulnerability or backdoor. Also it is created by chinese, you won't able to know if the panel is actually sending what kind of information to the aaPanel Company. So please make your decision seriously.

• @cybertech said: have you tried cyberpanel file manager? its been years since i did but my experience was it was non functional. cant delete, cant upload files.

It's functional right now, i have used it for past 6 months. There are bugs, but not related to File Manager.

• free? try fastpanel

• @febryanvaldo said:

@cybertech said: have you tried cyberpanel file manager? its been years since i did but my experience was it was non functional. cant delete, cant upload files.

It's functional right now, i have used it for past 6 months. There are bugs, but not related to File Manager.

would you use cyberpanel long term?

• I vote for Plesk....but I also suggest you cyberpanel because is free

• febryanvaldofebryanvaldo Member
    edited May 2023

@cybertech said: would you use cyberpanel long term?

I'm using it for my sites (production) right now. For how long? IDK, but as long as it's working, i surely will use it. My second option would be CloudPanel or WordOps (no panel).

• zhizhi Member

@kkiskk said:

@zhi said:

But this panel is not audited. You don't know if there is any vulnerability or backdoor. Also it is created by chinese, you won't able to know if the panel is actually sending what kind of information to the aaPanel Company. So please make your decision seriously.

But you can audit it. The code is not encrypted. I've used it for years without any issues.
    https://github.com/aaPanel/aaPanel

• @kkiskk said:

@zhi said:

More than 3 millions (as per their claim, they are popular in china), users will use a panel that have serious vulnerability and without reporting or discussing them? I dont think so.

• HestiaCP?

• Jim88Jim88 Member

Just use FastPanel, is the best control panel for productive environments. As alternative if you want only the file manager you can use the aaPanel (I suggest you to install it via docker and to use an older version of panel because the new file manager has a lot of bugs!). Finally, you can use filebrowser project with docker you can install it easily and is very user-friendly, modern and powerfull file explorer.

• Jim88Jim88 Member
    edited May 2023

@Patriarch said:
    HestiaCP?

HestiaCP has a non modern file browser is a little buggy and mainly slow. I do not suggest.

• @Jim88 said:

@Patriarch said:
    HestiaCP?

HestiaCP has a non modern file browser is a little buggy and mainly slow. I do not suggest.

Their UI is ridiculous. Its a fork of vestacp.

• EgyarmyEgyarmy Member
    edited May 2023

aaPanel is the best, been using it for years now.

• MumblyMumbly Member

@sreekanth850 said: Their UI is ridiculous.

I prefer hestiacp above all others mentioned here, but I agree with you. At first hestiacp look a bit spartan. No fancy coloured big buttons, etc... but once I digged a bit more into it, I really started to like how it work. Especially from administration point of view with one liners to migrate, restore, change domain, etc ...

• bt.cn

• Jim88Jim88 Member

@sreekanth850 said:

@Jim88 said:

@Patriarch said:
    HestiaCP?

Their UI is ridiculous. Its a fork of vestacp.

Exactly! The panel is very good, powerfull and stable but file browser is very un-user-friendly. Also the same is on vestacp with monster file browser if I remember well.

• emgemg Veteran

I am curious. Why is it so important to have a quality file browser in a control panel?

Is it only about end user experience? If so, then why is the file browser so important over other features?

I hope you are not installing and configuring a control panel only for the file browser. Did you consider other solutions?

• @emg said:
    I am curious. Why is it so important to have a quality file browser in a control panel?

Is it only about end user experience? If so, then why is the file browser so important over other features?

I hope you are not installing and configuring a control panel only for the file browser. Did you consider other solutions?

Hi,

It for a specific client that will use it 90% of the time as file browsing. Website and email are hosted elsewhere. But still a control panel is needed for easy of use and some other little requirements.

Thanked by 1emg
  • hkbbdxhkbbdx Member

aaPanel very good

• JasonMJasonM Member

cpanel has best file manager, infact easier one.
    directadmin has second best.
    even cloudpanel has cool one.

• cuancuan Member

I use VSCode for web, its good for direct editing.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@bvgfao40723 said:
    Just SSH/SCP, everything else is unnecessary.

So, for user creation & SSH/SCP, which panel do you prefer, mostly from the Free/Budgeted range ?

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Does anyone know if CyberPanel provide SSH/SCP per single user like cPanel ?

• definitely cPanel.
    supports multiple selection via control+select and shift+select.

Imo, Cyberpanel has the worst file manager.
    Id like HestiaCP file manager more.