Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oh, on the great May Day, there are no service providers offering promotions. Isn’t this festival wo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Oh, on the great May Day, there are no service providers offering promotions. Isn’t this festival wo

Oh, my friends, happy May Day. I think Labor Day is a very commemorative day, but unfortunately, there seems to be no VPS merchants offering discounts today. This is something I feel very regretful recently.

Thanked by 1itsgoingdown

Comments

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

All providers sleep , because it s Labor day :smile:

• @Calin said:
    All providers sleep , because it s Labor day :smile:

Oh, then I look forward to having activities after they wake up. This is a holiday for our workers all over the world. I think we should pay attention to it

• ralfralf Member

This is what we do in the UK on May Day (when it's not pissing down with rain like today):

Morris dancing (without a pole):

Maypole dancing (with a pole):

• @ralf said:
    This is what we do in the UK on May Day (when it's not pissing down with rain like today):

Morris dancing (without a pole):

Maypole dancing (with a pole):

It's great, no fancy special effects, no professional training, laborers' festival, we should all do something to make this festival more meaningful.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

We will do next weekend: Coronation of King deals

• Because every good labor should have an idling VPS around.

• ralfralf Member

@farsighter said:
    Because every good labor should have an idling VPS around.

My auntie used to live next door to this place: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idle_Working_Men%27s_Club

Thanked by 1farsighter
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@binbinxun said: Oh, my friends, happy May Day. I think Labor Day is a very commemorative day

FYI, May Day is not a global holiday. No one in the US celebrates it unless (a) you're a labor union leader, (b) you're a Catholic over the age of 80 or so, or (c) you're a Communist.

We have a holiday called Labor Day in September. (No one really celebrates that either, but it's typically a day off just before school starts). Some Catholic churches still do a "May crowning" tradition starting on May 1 but it's less common than pre-1960s.

May Day was originally a holiday to mark the coming of summer but it was hijacked by Communists at the turn of the century.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@raindog308 said: May Day was originally a holiday to mark the coming of summer but it was hijacked by Communists at the turn of the century.

I always knew there was a communist part to 'may day', I'm glad to learn I was right. I think of it as something I'd be screaming out as an airplane was going down 'may day' :lol:

• binbinxunbinbinxun Member
    edited May 2023

@raindog308 said:

@binbinxun said: Oh, my friends, happy May Day. I think Labor Day is a very commemorative day

FYI, May Day is not a global holiday. No one in the US celebrates it unless (a) you're a labor union leader, (b) you're a Catholic over the age of 80 or so, or (c) you're a Communist.

We have a holiday called Labor Day in September. (No one really celebrates that either, but it's typically a day off just before school starts). Some Catholic churches still do a "May crowning" tradition starting on May 1 but it's less common than pre-1960s.

May Day was originally a holiday to mark the coming of summer but it was hijacked by Communists at the turn of the century.

Oh my friend, I didn't know that the United States does not participate in May Day, thank you for the science, but May Day is indeed International Labor Day. Last year, some merchants were still doing promotions for Labor Day.