Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner AX101/AX102 spontaneously reboots - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner AX101/AX102 spontaneously reboots

13»

Comments

• emghemgh Member

@Advin real, scalable, pay for what you use cloud providers are needed and great for probably the majority of medium-sized businesses for scalability and reliability but I fully agree - looking at performance no way could it be argued that any fancy cloud > a Hetzner dedi in price/performance. It’s just way too far off

• @hostiko any update? Do you still face reboots on AX102?

• So
    I have another 5950x from another provider and it was working fine until proxmox upgraded to 7.4 . the frequency is different , like sometime it reboots in 30 days and sometime 2 time in 7 days.
    I haven't tried yet because its not in production but found some help in proxmox forums regarding issues related Ryzen and 7.4

for example

https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/proxmox-restarting-regularly-since-7-3-7-4-upgrade.125499/

• ralfralf Member

@amarc said:
    What distro/version/kernel are you using ? Did you try anything new like 5.10+ ?

I expect these issues to be present with anything RedHat based or older Debian/Ubuntu with older kernels.

I had similar issues with 101 1.5years ago with Arch, not sure what kernel was at that time.

Had to add few options to GRUB CMD which fixed issue:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="consoleblank=0 nomodeset noapic pci=assign-busses apicmaintimer idle=poll reboot=cold,hard"

Interesting that the correct solution was actually in one of the first replies to this thread!