Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RefinedHost straight up scamming now!!!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RefinedHost straight up scamming now!!!

A week has gone by since signing up for their Instant dedicated server offering. They are saying their ticket system is down but they took my money and haven't provisioned my server. You message them one thing and they reply something else. @RefinedHost shouldn't be allowed to get away with this

Comments

• I remember seeing you posting about a week ago about it. They said it was fixed then. If you still don't have your server, you're just a glutton for punishment

Ask for a refund and if you don't get a response after a reasonable amount of time, call up your credit card company and get a chargeback. You've already hit your red flag trifecta, no point in trying to make it work now.

• @Don_Keedic said:
    I remember seeing you posting about a week ago about it. They said it was fixed then. If you still don't have your server, you're just a glutton for punishment

Ask for a refund and if you don't get a response after a reasonable amount of time, call up your credit card company and get a chargeback. You've already hit your red flag trifecta, no point in trying to make it work now.

Yeah true!Was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt

• That's the best thing to do. Most things are just miscommunications and good providers will make it right. If anything, shoot them a ticket saying you want to refund or you're planning on doing a chargeback. If they don't respond or give you some bullshit answer, just make note of everything, initiate your chargeback and it'll be open/shut.

If they're shady, they'll provision that server for you and then say "everything's cool!" - don't do that. Say you don't want that after not getting what you paid for (instant deployment) and if the next message isn't saying you've refunded the money, the chargeback is headed your way.

I don't know about you but I value my time. If they're jamming me up from doing things I need to get done to get paid in addition to holding my money for a week, that's no-go for me. Make a timeline for everything that went down and post up your review. Save someone else the hassle!

Thanked by 1opiq
  • @Don_Keedic said:
    That's the best thing to do. Most things are just miscommunications and good providers will make it right. If anything, shoot them a ticket saying you want to refund or you're planning on doing a chargeback. If they don't respond or give you some bullshit answer, just make note of everything, initiate your chargeback and it'll be open/shut.

If they're shady, they'll provision that server for you and then say "everything's cool!" - don't do that. Say you don't want that after not getting what you paid for (instant deployment) and if the next message isn't saying you've refunded the money, the chargeback is headed your way.

I don't know about you but I value my time. If they're jamming me up from doing things I need to get done to get paid in addition to holding my money for a week, that's no-go for me. Make a timeline for everything that went down and post up your review. Save someone else the hassle!

Wow thank you for the useful actionable advice.Much appreciated man

• @ncsean said:

@Don_Keedic said:
    That's the best thing to do. Most things are just miscommunications and good providers will make it right. If anything, shoot them a ticket saying you want to refund or you're planning on doing a chargeback. If they don't respond or give you some bullshit answer, just make note of everything, initiate your chargeback and it'll be open/shut.

You'll be good! Sucks you had to deal with it but there seems to be a fair amount of great hosts here that have excellent support. Judging by those instant-dedi prices, I'm guessing that 10gig pipe was the big selling point for you. I'm not sure what you're budget is, but another thread I was in had a few offers that look to be in your ballpark. Here's a couple providers you might want to check out

https://tempest.net/micro-cloud - @PeterP

https://hostingby.design/dedi-lsw-nl/ - @khnielsen

These folks won't steer you wrong.

Thanked by 1khnielsen
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Chargeback is the only way now.

• @Don_Keedic said:

@ncsean said:

@Don_Keedic said:

You'll be good! Sucks you had to deal with it but there seems to be a fair amount of great hosts here that have excellent support. Judging by those instant-dedi prices, I'm guessing that 10gig pipe was the big selling point for you. I'm not sure what you're budget is, but another thread I was in had a few offers that look to be in your ballpark. Here's a couple providers you might want to check out

https://tempest.net/micro-cloud - @PeterP

https://hostingby.design/dedi-lsw-nl/ - @khnielsen

These folks won't steer you wrong.

Appreciate that nod!

• sreekanth850sreekanth850 Member
    edited April 2023

So people are free to roam here after scamming? Wondering why we don't have a hall of shame post.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@sreekanth850 said: So people are free to roam here after scamming? Wondering why we don't have a hall of shame post.

This is it. They are being shamed.

Thanked by 1sreekanth850
  • RefinedHostRefinedHost Member, Host Rep

Hello,
    We have responded within 24 hours asking which the client prefers. The Dedicated Server or a refund at this point and are awaiting his response. As stated in the previous thread we have had an issue with the ticket system which now has been fixed and I requested he messages us on here with the ticket ID so I can personally help him. He has just sent it and we are working it out with whichever he prefers.

• @RefinedHost said:
    Hello,
    We have responded within 24 hours asking which the client prefers. The Dedicated Server or a refund at this point and are awaiting his response. As stated in the previous thread we have had an issue with the ticket system which now has been fixed and I requested he messages us on here with the ticket ID so I can personally help him. He has just sent it and we are working it out with whichever he prefers.

You responded within 24 hours of what? You sent me an email 2 mins before you posted here. Please send through my refund.

• LeviLevi Member
    edited April 2023

@ncsean said:

@RefinedHost said:
    Hello,

You responded within 24 hours of what? You sent me an email 2 mins before you posted here. Please send through my refund.

Please provide screenshots of redacted ticket communication with provider in blame. If members identify providers guilt, title should be revoked immediatelly and harsh warning issued.

This is unacceptable.

• For shame

• I was pretty close to buying a colo rack from them then I saw their parent company Nodestop is the "#1 NFT,Sneaker and Retail Botting Servers/Proxies in Ashburn, VA!". Not really something that inspires much confidence in my opinion.

• RefundHost

• RefundScam

• Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited April 2023

@gossdhosting is reporting that he's having issues getting responses to tickets as well - https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/185328/4gb-vps-4-99-m-ashburn-va-10g-port-nvme-ssd-99-99-uptime

We can just round up all of their customers having issues here and bypass the troubled (but working?) ticket system altogether. Problem solved!

• @RefinedHost is only playing to the gallery.Have you processed my refund yet?No comms from there since their comment on this thread

@ncsean said:
    @RefinedHost is only playing to the gallery.Have you processed my refund yet?No comms from there since their comment on this thread

Hello,
    We have replied 24 hours ago and we are still awaiting a reply in the ticket.

• @RefinedHost said:

@ncsean said:
    @RefinedHost is only playing to the gallery.Have you processed my refund yet?No comms from there since their comment on this thread

Hello,

Stop gaslighting @ncsean and process the refund privately before any goodwill you have left will be depleted forever.

• @ncsean said:

Give me your address I'll give you some refound beans

• emghemgh Member

@RefinedHost said:

@ncsean said:

Hello,

@Arkas or other mods please watch this and just ban this sorry ass if he keeps stalling with these bullshit ”waiting for a reply” tactics.

This is extremely triggering, you promised him a refund; he wants a refund; not a reply. Stop this already your non-existing credibility is starting to go negative, and for what?

Set an ultimatum on him and just ban if he keeps stalling after that is my suggestion.

@emgh said:

@RefinedHost said:

@ncsean said:

Hello,

@Arkas or other mods please watch this and just ban this sorry ass if he keeps stalling with these bullshit ”waiting for a reply” tactics.

This is extremely triggering, you promised him a refund; he wants a refund; not a reply. Stop this already your non-existing credibility is starting to go negative, and for what?

Set an ultimatum on him and just ban if he keeps stalling after that is my suggestion.

Hello,

So do something without the clients approval? I'm good on that thanks, I will wait for his reply in the ticket which he just did. Thank You though!

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

You really need to update your TOS, @RefinedHost

Thanked by 2kasodk gbzret4d
  • @raindog308 said:

What are sugar dating sites and why are they separate parties?

• @raindog308 said:

of all the places to lift a ToS from sugarbabyreviews.net seems like an odd one. No wonder the refund is slow to come if he's got a sugar baby to fund! :D

Thanked by 1kasodk
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@CheepCluck said: What are sugar dating sites

A form of prostitution where the man gets to pretend he's in a relationship.

• ralfralf Member

@zako12 said:

@raindog308 said:

of all the places to lift a ToS from sugarbabyreviews.net seems like an odd one. No wonder the refund is slow to come if he's got a sugar baby to fund! :D

And any claims about his uptime have suddenly got a lot more disturbing...

Hello,
    Just to update this thread, client has confirmed he wanted refund via ticket and refund has been processed back to his payment method.