Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a 8T HDD dedicated storage server about $30 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a 8T HDD dedicated storage server about $30

2»

Comments

• darkimmortaldarkimmortal Member
    edited April 2023

http://oneprovider.com/configure/dediconf/2938 only slightly over budget
    CPU is usually better than spec with these

• @mr_dhr said:

@jingfanqin said:
    servarica ?

Only vps is cheap in servsrica, and the dedicated server is more expensive, which is beyond my acceptance.
    Are you Chinese or Taiwanese?

Why do you ask me if I am Chinese or Taiwanese?

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

We don't sell anymore ZEN MiniDedis and 8TB of SSD is 100% guaranteed to go well above your budget just for the SSD drives alone.

Up your budget and you will start finding services fitting your needs, or alternative decrease your expectations.

• afnafn Member
    edited April 2023

@mr_dhr said: I have checked Seedhost and hostingbydesign.

Even at hostingbydesign, you simply won't get 8TB for 30€.

You can barely get 4 TB (or 6 TB) for 30.75€

Seedhost almost never have stock, and even if they do, they won't provision your order and if they provision it (rare cases) they will never answer a single one of your tickets no matter what happens to the server. Even pre-sales questions won't be answered.
    If you insist on going with them, they have the SG 12T for 35, only raise your budget for 5 and you get something (better than nothing?) and maybe move if the smaller one becomes available?

So your only options are to go for the worst bottom-of-the-barrel providers on the market (C1v, calin, kimsufi, seedhost) and come back a couple of months later complaining about the service quality.

• @afn said:

@mr_dhr said: I have checked Seedhost and hostingbydesign.

Even at hostingbydesign, you simply won't get 8TB for 30€.

You can barely get 4 TB (or 6 TB) for 30.75€

Seedhost almost never have stock, and even if they do, they won't provision your order and if they provision it (rare cases) they will never answer a single one of your tickets no matter what happens to the server. Even pre-sales questions won't be answered.
    If you insist on going with them, they have the SG 12T for 35, only raise your budget for 5 and you get something (better than nothing?) and maybe move if the smaller one becomes available?

So your only options are to go for the worst bottom-of-the-barrel providers on the market (C1v, calin, kimsufi, seedhost) and come back a couple of months later complaining about the service quality.

Thank you for your reply. No dedicated server for this type of configuration has been found so far. Those who are as close as possible can only find the e3 1245+8T+100Mbps of ovh in Canada in oneprovider. I think it must be provided by kinsufi.

• @PulsedMedia said:
    We don't sell anymore ZEN MiniDedis and 8TB of SSD is 100% guaranteed to go well above your budget just for the SSD drives alone.

Up your budget and you will start finding services fitting your needs, or alternative decrease your expectations.

OK, thank you for your reply. My budget is really too low.

• host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider

Hy,

KVM:

2 Core Xeon CPU V4
    4 GB DDDR4 RAM
    20 GB NVME Storage for boot drive + optional 8 TB HDD
    1 Free Backup of boot drive
    1 Free Snapshot of boot drive
    1 Dedicated IPV4 IP
    10 Gbps VPS Up-link
    Unmetered Internet Traffic @ 1 Gbps

we can do that for 32 USD / MO, or 320 / year

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

If you can do by shared then our Storage SBs fit the bill: https://pulsedmedia.com/storage-seedbox.php

You still got docker rootless + ssh access, so you can do quite a bit but the RAM won't be sufficient for much beyond just storage.