Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a 8T HDD dedicated storage server about $30
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a 8T HDD dedicated storage server about $30

mr_dhrmr_dhr Member
edited April 2023 in Requests

Hello everyone, I want to find a dedicated storage server under $30. The following CPU is required to be e3 1230 or above as much as possible, hdd 8T, bandwidth 1G traffic more than 10T or not measured, and the region is in North America or Europe as much as possible. Do you recommend it?

Thanked by 1Umair

Comments

• servarica ?

Thanked by 1servarica_hani
  • febryanvaldofebryanvaldo Member
    edited April 2023

@crunchbits has it. But it's not a dedicated.

IDK about what CPU model they are using in this plans.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • edited April 2023

OVH has KS-09 for 30EUR and SYS-1-SAT-32 for 24EUR in both NA and EU, but their bandwidth is limited to 100Mbps and 250Mbps respectively. Although, some have gotten 1Gbps on IPv6.

Also there is always Hetzner auction.

• @mr_dhr said:
    Hello everyone, I want to find a dedicated storage server under $30. The following CPU is required to be e3 1230 or above as much as possible, hdd 8T, bandwidth 1G traffic more than 10T or not measured, and the region is in North America or Europe as much as possible. Do you recommend it?

We have something like this. Please DM me if you are available for yearly billing

• bastabbastab Member, Host Rep

I can provide something like this in FRance but if you purchase for half year or Yearly.
    **No Setup Fees.

;) inbox me for more information

Bastab

Thanked by 1Umair
  • UmairUmair Member

@mr_dhr said:

If you manage to find something, please share with me as well :)

• BasToTheMaxBasToTheMax Member, Host Rep

@febryanvaldo said:

Out of stock :cry:

• @CyberneticTitan said:
    OVH has KS-09 for 30EUR and SYS-1-SAT-32 for 24EUR in both NA and EU, but their bandwidth is limited to 100Mbps and 250Mbps respectively. Although, some have gotten 1Gbps on IPv6.

the ovh delete my account two times, i don't want to order service from them😂

• @CyberneticTitan said:

Hetzner is very expensive now. The server auction costs more than 33 euros per month.

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

What is the user case? Is it for backups?

• @mr_dhr said:

Try Kimsufi. Last time I checked they have 8TB for $28/mo. Well it's OVH now so you may need somebody to order it for you.

• @NetDynamics24 said:
    What is the user case? Is it for backups?

man he got 2 accounts deleted for this. Lol.

• @kuticon said:

@mr_dhr said:

Try Kimsufi. Last time I checked they have 8TB for $28/mo. Well it's OVH now so you may need somebody to order it for you.

Kimsufi's broadband is only 100mbps, which is lower than my demand.

• @mr_dhr said:

@kuticon said:

@mr_dhr said:

Kimsufi's broadband is only 100mbps, which is lower than my demand.

bandwidth

• bkjbkj Member

@febryanvaldo said:

What provider is this?

• @bkj said:

@febryanvaldo said:

What provider is this?

crunchbits.com

Thanked by 1bkj
  • @bastab said:
    I can provide something like this in FRance but if you purchase for half year or Yearly.
    **No Setup Fees.

;) inbox me for more information

Bastab

Please provide some detailed configuration information and cost, thank you.

• @kuticon said:

@bkj said:

@febryanvaldo said:

What provider is this?

crunchbits.com

I have tested the performance of crunchbits, and it is very average. The performance is not enough to support my program. Each ffmpeg transcoding thread requires about 1vcpu performance

• @mr_dhr said: I have tested the performance of crunchbits, and it is very average. The performance is not enough to support my program. Each ffmpeg transcoding thread requires about 1vcpu performance

Using Crunchbits's storage server as transcoding? :D Omoshiroi

• @febryanvaldo said:

@mr_dhr said: I have tested the performance of crunchbits, and it is very average. The performance is not enough to support my program. Each ffmpeg transcoding thread requires about 1vcpu performance

Using Crunchbits's storage server as transcoding? :D Omoshiroi

🤣 Make the best use of it. It turns out that the performance of vps is really poor. So I want to find a dedicated server.

• @jingfanqin said:
    servarica ?

Only vps is cheap in servsrica, and the dedicated server is more expensive, which is beyond my acceptance.
    Are you Chinese or Taiwanese?

• Do you use it 24/7 or occasionally? If occasionally then find some cloud provider so you get max power when you need it, and when you don't need it just turn it off.

• @kuticon said:
    Do you use it 24/7 or occasionally? If occasionally then find some cloud provider so you get max power when you need it, and when you don't need it just turn it off.

I will use it 24/7, because it is possible to execute the program at any time. Most of the dedicated servers I find now are 256g SSD or 1T HDD. Other configurations are in line, but there is not enough storage space.

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

Hello , it s possible give you

i3-2110
    2x 4 TB HDD
    4 GB Ram memory
    32 TB BW @ 1 GBps port speed
    30 euros/month (minimum payment 6 month)

Open ticket on https://panel.ihostart.com/submitticket.php

For create invoice

Regards,
    Calin

Thanked by 2kuticon mr_dhr
  • @c1vhosting said:

@mr_dhr said:

We have something like this. Please DM me if you are available for yearly billing

I'm sorry, I can only pay monthly. Although I really want to know the plan you can provide.

• I would look at Seedhost, hostingbydesign, Hetzner Auction. Also @PulsedMedia might be able to help you since you are using it to transcode.

Thanked by 2PulsedMedia mr_dhr
  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

Sadly we don't have anything fitting his budget. Full fat node, full fat 1gbps at 30$ just isn't going to happen at current power prices.

But we do have nice encoding machines on which you can mount a storage seedbox:
    https://pulsedmedia.com/minidedi-dedicated-servers-finland.php
    then sshfs / rclone ssh mount: https://pulsedmedia.com/storage-seedbox.php

But yeah goes way above his budget. I think his budget is way too low for current market conditions.

Kimsufi has something for his specs tho: https://eco.ovhcloud.com/en-ie/
    oh yeah that's 100Mbps.

If Kimsufi cannot offer even nearly to his specs, i doubt anyone else can either without imminent danger of involucration. Bandwidth is very expensive.

Thanked by 1mr_dhr
  • @concept said:
    I would look at Seedhost, hostingbydesign, Hetzner Auction. Also @PulsedMedia might be able to help you since you are using it to transcode.

I have checked Seedhost and hostingbydesign. They are all sold out. The ZEN Minidedi of PulsedMedia is interested, but it is also sold out.

• @PulsedMedia said:
    Sadly we don't have anything fitting his budget. Full fat node, full fat 1gbps at 30$ just isn't going to happen at current power prices.

But we do have nice encoding machines on which you can mount a storage seedbox:
    https://pulsedmedia.com/minidedi-dedicated-servers-finland.php
    then sshfs / rclone ssh mount: https://pulsedmedia.com/storage-seedbox.php

But yeah goes way above his budget. I think his budget is way too low for current market conditions.

Kimsufi has something for his specs tho: https://eco.ovhcloud.com/en-ie/
    oh yeah that's 100Mbps.

If Kimsufi cannot offer even nearly to his specs, i doubt anyone else can either without imminent danger of involucration. Bandwidth is very expensive.

Thank you for your reply, I also know that the current server prices are more expensive.
    30 euros is also acceptable. Does the ZEN Minidedi you offer include the price of hdd? Or does hdd calculate the price separately?