Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Speedypage reliable? How does it compare with OVH/Hetzner cloud?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is Speedypage reliable? How does it compare with OVH/Hetzner cloud?

Thanked by 1greentea

Comments

• dosaidosai Member

Thanked by 2emgh greentea
  • So far so good, the CS is responsive also. I have 2 VPS with them.

Thanked by 1speedypage
  • rober7rober7 Member
    edited April 2023

I have been using their services for more than 7-8 months. Can`t say nothing bad about them, if there were issues they were resolved. Not that there was critical issues, just a small thing once.
    I used their VPS services than i change to shared, now thinking of purchase a VPS again.

Thanked by 1speedypage
  • @dosai said:

?

@febryanvaldo said:
    So far so good, the CS is responsive also. I have 2 VPS with them.

For production?

@rober7 said: Not that there was critical issues, just a small thing once.

What happened?

• @EthanZou said: For production?

Currently not, just for benchmarking purpose only. Will move to SpeedyPage after they deploy new hardware in SG for sure.

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited April 2023

They look premium, the only thing I'm worried about is that they are relatively "young"(as a company). They appear to scale extremely fast, which may be a good and a bad thing(there are providers that tried to scale too fast and ended up badly like Virmach).

Either way, I'm looking forward in to trying new EU locations they are cooking currently. They seem competent.

Thanked by 1sebkehl
  • @treesmokah said: They appear to scale extremely fast

Yes, they are using latest AMD Ryzen 9 7950X in one of their server (Ashburn), i already tried it, and it's hella fast. https://kangserver.id/benchmark-vps-speedypage-1-core-amd-2gb-ram-harga-7-49-usd-2023/

Thanked by 1speedypage
  • No, Speedypage is not comparable to professional companies like Hetzner Cloud.

Thanked by 1speedypage
  • @a_username said:
    No, Speedypage is not comparable to professional companies like Hetzner Cloud.

Hetzner is McDonald's of hosting.

Thanked by 2let_rocks 1allen
  • @a_username said: No, Speedypage is not comparable to professional companies like Hetzner Cloud.

Yes, ofcourse we cannot compare SpeedyPage with Hetzner, because Hetzner is one of the biggest hosting company, manage and also own a datacenters.

At least compare Hetzner with something like LeaseWeb.

• @EthanZou said:

@dosai said:

?

@febryanvaldo said:
    So far so good, the CS is responsive also. I have 2 VPS with them.

For production?

@rober7 said: Not that there was critical issues, just a small thing once.

What happened?

Nothing serious, prefer to remain private.

• All good from my experience so far.

Provided a nice custom quote. Top-notch hardware and port speed.

Reliability is key for my required usage and it has been 100%

Currently speaking with them to increase the size of the VPS or get another.

Thanked by 2maverick speedypage
  • nfnnfn Veteran

I'm with them for 2 weeks on an Enterprise Shared account and it's very fast, hope it continues like that.

It's too soon to have a strong opinion, but it's working well.

I'm not a great fan of unlimited stuff, this is calling for abuse, let's see how it goes.

I opened a few ticked and replies are usually fast, within one hour.
    One was opened at 4am and they reply at 5am.

Thanked by 1speedypage
  • @treesmokah said: the only thing I'm worried about is that they are relatively "young"(as a company).

It's new? :)

@febryanvaldo said:

@treesmokah said: They appear to scale extremely fast

Yes, they are using latest AMD Ryzen 9 7950X in one of their server (Ashburn), i already tried it, and it's hella fast. https://kangserver.id/benchmark-vps-speedypage-1-core-amd-2gb-ram-harga-7-49-usd-2023/

Great!

@a_username said:
    No, Speedypage is not comparable to professional companies like Hetzner Cloud.

:# Get√

@nfn said: unlimited stuff

What's that?

• I haven't been long enough with them to make some decisive conclusion, still... some months into the service I can say:

• good and new hardware, read: performant
    • fully reliable service so far
    • based on a single low-impact/low-prio ticket, yes, support is there and polite
    • based on service that is provided, quite competitive price

tl;dr based on service so far, absolutely a keeper, and actually I will be canceling similar service from another provider because Speedypage provides much more at only a slightly higher price tag.

To compare reliability with Hetzner Cloud specifically, I'd really need many more months to make a proper comparison, but so far, Speedypage has provided more affordable service at an equal reliability. Not to mention that Hetzner Cloud doesn't even provide service in the location where I ordered it, so no contest actually. :wink:

Thanked by 2speedypage greentea
  • speedypagespeedypage Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2023

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I am happy that everyone has good things to say about the service and our customer support.

Of course, some companies are much larger than us and have been around for a lot longer, such as Hetzner. It all depends on what you value. Being smaller allows us to offer more effective and personalized support, while to Hetzner and similar companies, you will get robotic replies in a lot of instances and they may not care about your experience.

We have scaled very fast in the 2 years that we have been operating and are continuing to do so. Some of the website pages need updating but in terms of the company itself, we are currently in zero debt and have been able to scale while bootstrapped. Our momentum continues and we will continue to make all of our clients happy :)

Some new offerings are just around the corner, such as Ryzen 7000 in the UK as well as new capacity in Tokyo/Singapore. We will also begin offering 20Gbit VPS in the very near future.

• 14 Tbps Total Network Capacity, that's great!

@speedypage said:
    Thanks for the feedback everyone! I am happy that everyone has good things to say about the service and our customer support.

Of course, some companies are much larger than us and have been around for a lot longer, such as Hetzner. It all depends on what you value. Being smaller allows us to offer more effective and personalized support, while to Hetzner and similar companies, you will get robotic replies in a lot of instances and they may not care about your experience.

We have scaled very fast in the 2 years that we have been operating and are continuing to do so. Some of the website pages need updating but in terms of the company itself, we are currently in zero debt and have been able to scale while bootstrapped. Our momentum continues and we will continue to make all of our clients happy :)

Some new offerings are just around the corner, such as Ryzen 7000 in the UK as well as new capacity in Tokyo/Singapore. We will also begin offering 20Gbit VPS in the very near future.

Good job! <3

• @speedypage said:

Really great news to hear, and all I can is wish you good luck in your endeavours!

I noticed you're bringing only good stuff to the market, and absolutely look forward to pick something really performant, 10G networking a must, and at a good price, too. Can't have enough of those. :smiley:

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

I haven't had the chance to test it with VPS(assuming you're asking primarly for it) but for shared/wordpress hosting is actually one of the most reliable(so far) i have tested in LET.

• I don’t want to sound like I’m shilling Hetzner, I love the competition but any reason why would anyone use Speedy VPS vs Hetzner Cloud? It seems double the price, less disk space, less bandwidth and no hourly billing. Only difference seems to be the 10G uplink and some Asia locations. Same apply for OVH.

• @maverick said: 10G networking a must

Awesome! @speedypage but why it's 1Gbps in the US?

• speedypagespeedypage Member, Patron Provider

@EthanZou said:

@maverick said: 10G networking a must

Awesome! @speedypage but why it's 1Gbps in the US?

We're looking at bringing 10G in for the US as soon as possible. It's a bit more difficult with our arrangement there from an upstream network perspective but we hope to have it soon.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

@anbelevebel said:
    I don’t want to sound like I’m shilling Hetzner, I love the competition but any reason why would anyone use Speedy VPS vs Hetzner Cloud? It seems double the price, less disk space, less bandwidth and no hourly billing. Only difference seems to be the 10G uplink and some Asia locations. Same apply for OVH.

The cheaper packages might favor Hetzner, but at the 15-30$ range I think CPU wise SpeedyPage is better. Speedy also has more locations and much faster response times to tickets. Most hosts are always a comprise of something, otherwise why not always just pick 'the one superior'? But I'd say Speedy does a good job in many aspects at a competitive price point.

Their webhosting is also compelling with Bunny CDN included. But they seem to be prone to short outages now and then. Looking at their status page 2 of 3 locations doesn't quite manage 99.9% uptime so that's one place they can improve :)

Overall though I think they are one of the more solid providers on LET.

• @labze said: Overall though I think they are one of the more solid providers on LET.

For sure they are.

• nfnnfn Veteran

In my opinion, they should not follow others and try to match the price, they should bet on a brand known for a reasonable price and performance-oriented service with knowledge and fast support.

That's what I look for when looking for a host, and at the moment, they match all these requirements.

Thanked by 2Carlin0 greentea
  • @labze said:

@anbelevebel said:
    I don’t want to sound like I’m shilling Hetzner, I love the competition but any reason why would anyone use Speedy VPS vs Hetzner Cloud? It seems double the price, less disk space, less bandwidth and no hourly billing. Only difference seems to be the 10G uplink and some Asia locations. Same apply for OVH.

The cheaper packages might favor Hetzner, but at the 15-30$ range I think CPU wise SpeedyPage is better. Speedy also has more locations and much faster response times to tickets. Most hosts are always a comprise of something, otherwise why not always just pick 'the one superior'? But I'd say Speedy does a good job in many aspects at a competitive price point.

Their webhosting is also compelling with Bunny CDN included. But they seem to be prone to short outages now and then. Looking at their status page 2 of 3 locations doesn't quite manage 99.9% uptime so that's one place they can improve :)

Overall though I think they are one of the more solid providers on LET.

It seems to me that Hetzner still provides more value for money based on their $15+ plans. I’m just comparing the plans on both companies' websites and in every plan, Hetzner seems to have more cores, more storage, more bandwidth etc for quite cheaper. Can you give me an example why Speedy’s $15-30 range plans are better than Hetzner's?

@nfn said:
    In my opinion, they should not follow others and try to match the price, they should bet on a brand known for a reasonable price and performance-oriented service with knowledge and fast support.

That's what I look for when looking for a host, and at the moment, they match all these requirements.

Sorry guys, I don’t want to sound bad but I’m just wondering people’s take on this.

What kind of performance do you expect from your VPS/Cloud hosting for your use case? What makes Speedy’s performance better that you cannot get the same performance from Hetzner's?

Competition is always good and pushes companies further to provide more quality services for reasonable prices. However I can’t see this in Speedy's deals. For me it just seems they’re more expensive (not by a lot but just a bit) and no value to make it worth using over Hetzner.

What am I missing here?

Personally I’m tech savvy enough to deal with my own problems and not bother with any companies' tech/customer support. They’re all providing unmanaged services at the end and there’s no reason to expect any kind of tech support from these companies as long as they have a robust platform that you just work on without having to deal with any problems because there is none. Otherwise why would we use an unmanaged service (be it VPS or Dedicated) if we’re going to expect support from the hosting provider?

Thanked by 1greentea
  • labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

@anbelevebel said: It seems to me that Hetzner still provides more value for money based on their $15+ plans. I’m just comparing the plans on both companies' websites and in every plan, Hetzner seems to have more cores, more storage, more bandwidth etc for quite cheaper. Can you give me an example why Speedy’s $15-30 range plans are better than Hetzner's?

For around 16€ at Speedypage you get
    4 Ryzen 5950x cores
    8 Gb ram
    12 TB bandwidth @ 10Gbps
    120 Gb Storage

For around 16€ at Hetzner you get
    4 Epyc cores
    8 Gb ram
    20 TB bandwidth @ 10Gbps
    160 Gb Storage

The difference in numbers is miniscule. But the cores on Speedypage performs around 50% faster. And again, Speedypage offers different locations. Hetzner doesn't offer UK, Singapore or Tokyo servers. For many people, location is important and these locations often come at a premium. You'd be hard pressed to find providers with the same performance at the same location as Speedypage.

• @anbelevebel said:

CPU

@labze said: For around 16€ at Speedypage you get
    4 Ryzen 5950x cores
    8 Gb ram
    12 TB bandwidth @ 10Gbps
    120 Gb Storage

In the US, it's €16.36 for 1Gbps Port or € 20.45 for 7950X with DDR5.

@labze said: For around 16€ at Hetzner you get
    4 Epyc cores
    8 Gb ram
    20 TB bandwidth @ 10Gbps
    160 Gb Storage

It's €13.60.

@labze said: But the cores on Speedypage performs around 50% faster.

That's great! and what's the CPU usage?