Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SMARTHOST - BLOCK STORAGE VPS - New Service Offering! - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SMARTHOST - BLOCK STORAGE VPS - New Service Offering!

1235»

Comments

• I'm interested in testing your new Block Storage VPS service!

• rayyerayye Member

I'm interested in testing your new Block Storage VPS service!

• msattmsatt Member

@SmartHost
    Thank you for my free 3 month server, but thinking about this, I see some problems.
    If the disk is 1TB and I decided to fill it, I would exceeed my bandwidth in the first month.
    Also if I wanted the server, it is cheaper to buy for a year and then use the 30% Easter discount.
    Perhaps I have misunderstood something, but based on the above, I feel I would be wasting your resources to take the free server as I would not be renewing.
    So once again thank you and I wish you and your company well.

• @SmartHost_Patryk said:
    Hello. >:)

• JasonM
    • msatt
    • zudaz
    • mafidom
    • jasperq
    • supremasi
    • host4cheap
    • netzxa
    • socialzzz
    • heroixinu
    • MooCowGalaxy
    • logixmedia
    • Zyra
    • let_rocks
    • ShalaWorks
    • skyland
    • bdl

Here is the list of winners who will receive a Block Storage VPS from us for 3 months, completely free of charge. We will contact you soon in DM. The lottery does not end yet, we invite you to continue playing this game.

Hello Patrick,
    I am one of the lucky ones you have chosen as the winner, but I haven't seen the promised server on the smarthost control panel.
    I have replied to your DM as well.
    maybe you forgot me

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

Hello Patrick,
    I am one of the lucky ones you have chosen as the winner, but I haven't seen the promised server on the smarthost control panel.
    I have replied to your DM as well.
    maybe you forgot me

First batch is being delivered today. ;-)
    Had to wit for most responses to the account registrations...

~ SMARTHOST

@msatt said:
    @SmartHost
    Thank you for my free 3 month server, but thinking about this, I see some problems.
    If the disk is 1TB and I decided to fill it, I would exceed my bandwidth in the first month.
    Also if I wanted the server, it is cheaper to buy for a year and then use the 30% Easter discount.
    Perhaps I have misunderstood something, but based on the above, I feel I would be wasting your resources to take the free server as I would not be renewing.
    So once again thank you and I wish you and your company well.

I expect that we will be raising the permitted bandwidth on these services, or atleast have sales/deals with extra bandwidth included, or lowering cost of adding additional bandwidth considerably. 1Tb is enough probably for the minimum 256GB block storage space, but we agree that it could be problematic for 1TB+ block storage space.

Most clients though don't constantly transfer the entire block storage space every month, maybe once on initial upload, but most seem to upload content, then only have changes of small % of the files moving forward, so 1TB storage doesn't really use anywhere near 1TB bandwidth every single month.

Regardless though, that seem to be the main inquiry on this new service, so we'll probably adjust it, just so it sells better. ;-)

~ SMARTHOST

@msatt said:

Also, Easter sales was not applicable to the band new Block Storage VPS service, it was specifically excluded. However, I would expect by the time the free trial ends on these, we'd probably be having a similar sale on the Block Storage VPS anyways... ;-)

~ SMARTHOST

Thanked by 1iKeyZ

edited April 2023

Nevada, Florida - North, Missouri, and Virginia now have Block Storage VPS service available.

~ SMARTHOST