Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SMARTHOST - BLOCK STORAGE VPS - New Service Offering!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SMARTHOST - BLOCK STORAGE VPS - New Service Offering!

SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran
edited April 2023 in Offers

Every user of servers, that utilize the service to store files, knows how important fast transfers and stability of such a service is. The key files kept on the server must always be available and responding quickly. Therefore, after a lengthy development process, we are excited to introduce a brand new service to our offerings: Block Storage VPS. This new service combines the best of both worlds: Fast NVME SSD operating systems with a high storage RAID-6 Enterprise SAS storage partition.

We understand how important the technological aspect is when it comes to maintaining your files. The development of technology must go hand in hand with performance, so apart from the fact that Block Storage VPS guarantees you the fastest operating system performance via the NVME SSD partition, it is additionally equipped with an optional RAID-6 Enterprise SAS hard drive partition for large storage capacity.

OUR BLOCK STORAGE VPS OFFER:

• Intel E5-series CPUs
  • Up to 8 vCPUs
  • Up to 16GB Dedicated RAM
  • Up to 100GB NVME SSD Disk
  • Up to 10TB SAS HDD Disk
  • Up to 20TB/Month Bandwidth
  • 1 Gbps Network Port
  • IPv4/IPv6 Address

Starting at only $2.95/mo - Click Here to Purchase.

AMAZING PROMOTION FOR USER OF THIS FORUM!!!:

Due to the fact that this is a new service offering, we have some Block Storage VPS to give away in the form of test sample server for users of this forum. In the form of a lottery, we will randomly select 10 users and provide them with a Block Storage VPS for 3 months with 1TB Block Storage space, completely free of charge.

To take part in the lottery - just reply in this thread: "I'm interested in testing your new Block Storage VPS service!".

Every day, for the next 10 days, we will randomly select one person who will receive a free test sample Block Storage VPS. This is a process that will make it easier for us to live test our Block Storage VPS services, thanks to which you will be able to report back to the forum whether it is worth using our new technological solution. Note: There is no difference in the hardware nodes for the test sample Block Storage VPS and those currently providing live services to our client base.

Comments

• padappadap Member

I'm interested in testing your new Block Storage VPS service!

• I'm interested in testing your new Block Storage VPS service!

• ZyraZyra Member

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2023

Pretty cool offering. Just wish the Ram/bandwidth upgrades weren’t so pricey

• newlannewlan Member
    edited April 2023

• Interesting, but quite expensive when the bandwidth is upgraded to match the storage capacity.

For example, a 5 TB storage VPS with HostHatch is $230/year. With SmartHost, you'd have to pay over $500 if you wanted similar specs (2 cores, 2 GB RAM, 10+ TB transfer).

Thanked by 2Umair ThyTe
  • labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

Interesting service. But it feels silly that the bandwidth and block storage amount are separate. If I were to buy 4TB of storage I would need to pay at least an additional 7.5$ if I needed to fill that space in the first month, otherwise I would have to wait 4 months due to only 1TB being included as standard no matter the storage amount.

Thanked by 1ThyTe
  • @labze said:
    Interesting service. But it feels silly that the bandwidth and block storage amount are separate. If I were to buy 4TB of storage I would need to pay at least an additional 7.5$ if I needed to fill that space in the first month, otherwise I would have to wait 4 months due to only 1TB being included as standard no matter the storage amount.

Agreed. This part doesn't seem to have been fully thought through, unless I'm not understanding how they count data transfer.

In my opinion, for any serious storage offer, the monthly transfer should be at at least as high as the capacity of the storage.

Thanked by 1ThyTe
  • SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

Thank you all for your input, we are digesting the comments, and may make some positive adjustment to the plan specs. ;-)

~ SMARTHOST

Thanked by 1aj_potc
  • zhizhi Member

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited April 2023

No Amsterdam :(

also this seems more expensive (traffic mostly) than LetBox... I was really hoping that going with scale you guys can at least have the same price after acquisition...

• I'm interested in testing your new Block Storage VPS service

• bdlbdl Member

"I'm interested in testing your new Block Storage VPS service!".