Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virmach 47.87.128.0/17 prefix outage - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virmach 47.87.128.0/17 prefix outage

2»

Comments

• I have been facing too many IP change and downtime issue from them past years and rDNS correction still not working at their end. Have to switch provider this time.

• Several critical incidents affecting multiple sites all at the same time... and it's totally someone else's fault. Not much investigation and "fix" needed for not paying bills on time.
    Reminds me of when BlueVM were circling the drain and blaming every supplier for cutting off their services.

• jtkjtk Member

I saw reports of intermittent reachability. I suspect, a problem now is that QuadraNet is announcing a /20 in this prefix, but there are only ROAs with Alibaba's origin ASes published in the RPKI for the covered address space, which means many nets will be invalidating and rejecting the QuadraNet announcement. Let's see how long it takes people in the LES thread to figure this out. :-)

• Woke up this morning and saw hetrixtools that mine was down for the last 12hrs.
    In that case, do we sit it out? or open ticket?

• @bustersg said:
    Woke up this morning and saw hetrixtools that mine was down for the last 12hrs.

For a LA or NY host? Sit it out. A ticket wouldn't help and they've actually borked their system so you can't submit a ticket. I tried yesterday (before seeing the announcement) and it loops around asking for an attachment when Submitting.

For a FR or NL host I think you can do a Fix Internet/Reconfigure Network as shown above to get a new IP from their emergency range.

• @8nation said:

@bustersg said:

For a LA or NY host? Sit it out. A ticket wouldn't help and they've actually borked their system so you can't submit a ticket. I tried yesterday (before seeing the announcement) and it loops around asking for an attachment when Submitting.

For a FR or NL host I think you can do a Fix Internet/Reconfigure Network as shown above to get a new IP from their emergency range.

NY. ok noted.

• gianggiang Veteran

@bustersg said:

Wait for the new IP assign to your VPS if it hasn't.

My Idle backup of backup VPS got new IP and it's working again now.

• Virmach is indeed a very unstable service provider.
    They often have all kinds of problems, and the experience of using them is very bad.
    If it wasn't for their cheap prices, they wouldn't be able to sell vps.
    If there was a better choice, people wouldn't choose it!

• bustersgbustersg Member
    edited April 2023

my vps NY recovered.
    IP remain same
    up: 7 minutes ago

• yeah, working now.

• Funnily, over the years Virmach has been unstable but hasn't lost any data for me. Several other providers I use that are much more stable have lost data several times (I'm salty about that happening this week again).

I mostly went to using VPS' thinking they'd be more reliable than self-hosting from home, but as my internet got better at home, the less need to host in a datacenter with too many fuckups out of my control.

Thanked by 2yoursunny dedicados
  • kendidkendid Veteran

I've got a couple of vps with them. For the price,it's been pretty good. A few hiccups along the way.

I'll stick with them. Hope they only get better and better!

• saywhat13saywhat13 Member
    edited April 2023

Tokyo resident totally missed this :neutral:
    Is this a billing issue or a technical issue..