Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virmach 47.87.128.0/17 prefix outage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virmach 47.87.128.0/17 prefix outage

jtkjtk Member
edited April 2023 in Outages

A significant proportion of Virmach systems are currently unavailable. A prefix Virmach uses, 47.87.128.0/17, neither it or any of its more specifics are currently being announced. So presumably the VM hardware is fine, just unreachable. Speculation so far on LES is an administrative/billing issue.

Note, there have been lots of Virmach issues over the past year, but this is one of the biggest impacting ones in awhile so I felt it worth reporting here.

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Where is it?

FRA and AMS IPs are changing.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
  • I'm surprised that no one has bought virmach.lol yet and made a funny drama website.

• I'm affected by this issue and I confirm that the VM hardware is fine as it can be accessed via VNC in the control panel. They sent an email they are going to change IP addresses. Let's see

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

How do you lose a /17?

From their LES thread, seems like they're mass-renumbering those impacted though.

Copying this from the network status page for Frankfurt and Amsterdam.** New IP addresses as follows for Frankfurt & Amsterdam.**

Please go to your service details page, and check the "node" name, and the last portion of your IPv4 address (the bolded number in this example) 47.87.yy.xx and place that portion (.xx) as it matches on the below list for your new IP address. We are still modifying these & still need to change them on the VPS control panel but this is a quick way to know what your new IPv4 address will become.

78.142.228.xx AMSD030
    78.142.229.xx AMSD029
    78.142.230.xx AMSD028
    78.142.231.xx AMSD027
    147.78.240.xx AMSD026
    147.78.241.xx AMSD025
    213.232.112.xx FFME007
    213.232.113.xx FFME006
    213.232.114.xx FFME005
    213.232.115.xx FFME004
    88.214.20.xx FFME003
    88.214.21.xx FFME002
    88.214.23.xx FFME001

• It's not just the 47.87.128.0 prefix, my server uses the 47.87.178.0 prefix and is down too. Around 50% of their servers are currently down. It seems like Frankfurt and Amsterdam had some spare IPs, so prefixes that didn't work were swapped there.

You can see the total list of broken servers here: https://statusbot.virm.ac/en/

Hopefully, things will be fixed today and we won't have to wait for over a week to get access to our servers.

• @TimesAndPlaces said:
    It's not just the 47.87.128.0 prefix, my server uses the 47.87.178.0 prefix and is down too. Around 50% of their servers are currently down. It seems like Frankfurt and Amsterdam had some spare IPs, so prefixes that didn't work were swapped there.

You can see the total list of broken servers here: https://statusbot.virm.ac/en/

Hopefully, things will be fixed today and we won't have to wait for over a week to get access to our servers.

Based on how they are framing it, the entire 47.87.0.0 IP block has been disconnected due to some issues with the "IP lessor".

• @TimesAndPlaces said: It's not just the 47.87.128.0 prefix, my server uses the 47.87.178.0 prefix and is down too.

Yes, 47.87.178.0/24 is inside 47.87.128.0/17.
    So in easier terms everything from 47.87.128.0 to 47.87.255.255.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • rafanakerafanake Member
    edited April 2023

LA : 47.87.171.xxx is OFF too

• Damn, all but one of my servers are in that range. On the bright side, I suppose, at least I have a place to move important stuff to if this gets extended for too long.

• I have one on LAXA004S. It's still accessible via SSH but outgoing traffic routing fail all the time.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Well clearly the problem here is that they're not using IPv6.

• New IPs were provided, clicked on "Fix Internet/ Reconfigure Network" on their panel and it is back.

• @raindog308 said: Well clearly the problem here is that they're not using IPv6.

IPv6 is working :D

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Poor guy can't catch a break.

Francisco

• hyperblasthyperblast Member
    edited April 2023

Dear VirMach customers,

Please refer to the network status page regarding connectivity issue on the existing IPv4.

To attempt to reduce this outage, we will be assigning a new IPv4 address to your >service(s) in Frankfurt and Amsterdam. We will attempt to communicate this change to >you as soon as possible, via support ticket, but in case you do not receive this >communication, you should check the "VPS Control Panel" for your updated IPv4 address >which may either be the "main" IP address or listed as a secondary. We apologize for lack >of notice. This is being done as an emergency so we were unable to notify you >beforehand.

Once the new IPv4 address is assigned, please make sure to set it as the main IPv4 >address and "reconfigure networking" or manually change the IPv4 address within your >VPS using VNC. If you have any questions please feel free to reply to the ticket generated >for the change or create a ticket, however, please note we may be dealing with hundreds >or thousands of ticket requests so response may be delayed. 

Thank you,

The VirMach Team

• AXYZEAXYZE Member

@TheMister said:
    New IPs were provided, clicked on "Fix Internet/ Reconfigure Network" on their panel and it is back.

I needed to reboot after reconfiguring too 😊 now ita working fine

• VoidVoid Member

“ significant proportion of Virmach systems are currently unavailable.”

• TheMisterTheMister Member
    edited April 2023

@AXYZE said:

@TheMister said:
    New IPs were provided, clicked on "Fix Internet/ Reconfigure Network" on their panel and it is back.

I needed to reboot after reconfiguring too 😊 now ita working fine

Oh well glad it worked for you too :smile:
    I just noticed that all database online think that my IP is in Japan but by the ping I have to it the datacenter is still in Amsterdam

Thanked by 1AXYZE
  • emghemgh Member

I though a prefix was up and got very shocked. Currently recovering.

• @MannDude said: How do you lose a /17?

Banks.

@VirMach said:
    Also I found out what caused all this to happen in the first place... this was the old bank that they switched abruptly so I guess it's not their fault either, and I finally got a confirmation from our bank that they "rejected" the payment multiple days after it was supposed to complete to the new one. They finally replied 20 minutes ago or so and trying to arrange the new payment now.

Thanked by 3netomx satstack dev077
  • @TheMister said: I just noticed that all database online think that my IP is in Japan

He said:

Amsterdam and Frankfurt will receive IPv4 changes throughout the next several hours. Old IP will remain there most likely, plus new. We're sending out mass email now and then most likely you'll receive a ticket with the change. These will be blocks from Tokyo moving over so geolocation may be incorrect for some time and I don't know exact timeline of the change propagating everywhere.

• @JabJab said:

@MannDude said: How do you lose a /17?

Banks.

@VirMach said:
    Also I found out what caused all this to happen in the first place... this was the old bank that they switched abruptly so I guess it's not their fault either, and I finally got a confirmation from our bank that they "rejected" the payment multiple days after it was supposed to complete to the new one. They finally replied 20 minutes ago or so and trying to arrange the new payment now.

Why am I not surprised...

I hope they will be able to regain access to that IP group and thousands of VPS users won't need to change their IPs for the second time this year.

However, if IPs were already resold to someone else by the IP lender, then RIP...

• @Mumbly said:

@TheMister said: I just noticed that all database online think that my IP is in Japan

He said:

Amsterdam and Frankfurt will receive IPv4 changes throughout the next several hours. Old IP will remain there most likely, plus new. We're sending out mass email now and then most likely you'll receive a ticket with the change. These will be blocks from Tokyo moving over so geolocation may be incorrect for some time and I don't know exact timeline of the change propagating everywhere.

Thank you, I missed that info.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

This is very sad... but hey, I pay $7 a year, and it was my toy VPS, so no biggies

• dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited April 2023

@TheMister said:

where, cant enter to solusvm page.

nvm found it

https://solusvm.virmach.com/home.php but doesnt show anything to me

• @dedicados said: where, cant enter to solusvm page.
    nvm found it

There is no reason to go to SolusVM - that button is in WHMCS/billing panel too.

If you have a service in Amsterdam or Frankfurt you click that.
    If you have service outside of those two locations (so in USA) you can't do anything at the moment and must wait for original IPs to recover as VirMach expects that is still gonna be faster than talking with those Datacenters to add new IP range [Amsterdam and Frankfurt is exception due to @xTom amazing people there]

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • @dedicados said:

@TheMister said:

where, cant enter to solusvm page.

nvm found it

In the usual billing panel interface.

Thanked by 2dedicados miammiex
  • thanks, but as @JabJab mention, i can't do anything at the moment since my servers are in NY

• Bummer... I do think I might just recover from an IP change on some $3/year servers though, with some much needed counselling obviously.

Thanked by 1skorous