Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need high bandwidth server (Ded / vps) in North America
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need high bandwidth server (Ded / vps) in North America

Hello,
I am looking for a high bandwidth server in North America (USA / Canada).

I am mostly looking for high bandwidth (At least 500TB / Unmetered connection).
High network speed (At least 4Gbps Guaranteed).

I am not looking for high specs for any other part, I will simply use the Dedi / Vps as a proxy so I can controll the traffic in North America for my customers, So that I can get away with almost any specs.

I've read the forum guidelines so will fill in here:
Number of Cores: X (For Proxy, No need for many cores, 4-8 is enough.
RAM: X 8-16gb should be enough.
Disk Space: 128Gb is enough.
Disk Type: SSD

Bandwidth: Unmetered (Pref) / 500TB
Port Speed: At least 4Gbps

DDoS Protection: No

Number of IPs: 1

Budget: -
This one is tricky, Because I am trying to find a better deal than OVH's Elite VPS ($36 for 2Gbps Unmetered).
On OVH I can simply purchase 5 VPS ($200),
And then use them as a load balancers for 5x2 = 10Gbps Unmetered.
This would involve a bit of work and a price of $200 a month, I am trying to see if I can find a better deal for cheaper than that.

Not sure if it's possible to compete against OVH's prices, However I thought I at least give it a try to ask here to see.

Thanks and happy easter!

Comments

• edited April 2023

I would be interested to see if they didn't throttle your usage if you pushed the full pipe 24/7. See this document: https://storage.gra.cloud.ovh.net/v1/AUTH_325716a587c64897acbef9a4a4726e38/contracts/d24d709-Conditions_Particulieres_VPS-WE-3.0.pdf

As part of the Service, the outgoing bandwidth traffic recorded on the switch port is unlimited. However, OVHcloud reserves the right to restrict the Service bandwidth to 1 Mbps (1 Megabit per second) until the end of the current billing period in cases of excessive use by the Client.

Most 10Gbps dedicated servers in NA are $500+ if you search here on LET.

Psychz is probably the cheapest, but their network is average. 10Gbps unmetered for $200 USD: https://www.psychz.net/dashboard/client/web/order/dedicated-server?filterId=wKc8uqE7GpzNC6dyWqF8/yzr6kJW6AmNZ0+4GsSEvMw=

• So far I haven't had any issues on OVH nor has colleagues I know that use the same loadbalance method, I believe the ToS is only for very very over extreme cases,

When you say Psychz has average network, What does that mean?

On 10Gbps for example, Can I expect to be able to pull 5Gbps?

Thanks!

• @Userpass said:
    So far I haven't had any issues on OVH nor has colleagues I know that use the same loadbalance method, I believe the ToS is only for very very over extreme cases,

When you say Psychz has average network, What does that mean?

On 10Gbps for example, Can I expect to be able to pull 5Gbps?

Thanks!

All you have to do is look at providers that have hosted VPS on their network:

LetBox: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/179417/letbox-poor-speeds-lately

HostHatch: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/180084/hosthatch-whats-wrong-with-you/p2 although they recently migrated away from Psychz: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/184908/deploy-powerful-vms-in-la-ny-chicago/p1

Should tell you something about the quality of their network. Not everyone will have the same experience as them however, you should spin up a machine and test yourself.

• Initially, I was going to suggest a dedicated server from ReliableSite/Clouvider/GTHost, but since you mentioned OVH 2gbit unmetered VPSes, I would look at Pulseservers; they resell OVH 2gbit VPS starting at only $10/m. It will cut down your costs a lot. Using their VPS for your high bandwidth purposes won't be an issue because they allow Tor nodes which are already very network intensive.

• @concept said: OVH 2gbit unmetered VPSes

It's dedicated or shared?

• conceptconcept Member
    edited April 2023

@EthanZou said:

@concept said: OVH 2gbit unmetered VPSes

Not sure about OVH ones
    But for pulseservers, they say their nodes are 10gbit and 2gbit for every server.

• @EthanZou said:

@concept said: OVH 2gbit unmetered VPSes

On OVH it's dedicated 2Gbps and not shared between others.
    You are guaranteed the speed they offer from my experience.

• @concept said:
    they resell OVH 2gbit VPS starting at only $10/m.

How is that profitable for them as they cost $40 on OVH?

Thanks for the suggestion, Will purchase an VPS to test it out

• @concept said: But for pulseservers, they say their nodes are 10gbit and 2gbit for every server.
    @Userpass said: On OVH it's dedicated 2Gbps and not shared between others.
    You are guaranteed the speed they offer from my experience.

That's awesome!

• I'm not sure if it's fair to say they are guaranteed, it's probably more so that most people on those VPS plans use nowhere near the 2Gbps limit, so a small portion of users that saturate the pipe 24/7 are able to do so.

OVH network capacity was over 15 Tbps in 2018 and if you assume every user of those 2Gbps VPS are guaranteed those speeds, OVH could only sell ~7500 VPS, making only 300k per month. They make hundreds of millions per year.

• PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

Going to find it hard to get anything that you can really push that amount of traffic on for that cheap of a price.

I guess some people might have over commitments on their bandwidth and charge less hoping you don't use as much. Anything half decent will be $500+/-
    Might find some deals if you are capped at 4gbps then could maybe get that lower.

• @Userpass said:

@concept said:
    they resell OVH 2gbit VPS starting at only $10/m.

How is that profitable for them as they cost $40 on OVH?

Thanks for the suggestion, Will purchase an VPS to test it out

Well the $10 one only comes with 1gb ram vs $40 one on OVH comes with 8gb ram.
    Let me know how it goes.